Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI was at the show...my first time going to it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12974181&mesg_id=12974624
12974624, I was at the show...my first time going to it
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Feb-16-16 12:24 PM
The crowd's reaction to Kendrick was very, very interesting where I sat. This one White guy next to me was obviously a "down one" who was SUPER HYPE the whole performance. Then, there was a brown skinned lady with short blonde hair who was standing up dancing HARD the whole time, with literally everyone next to her sitting completely still. There were a few White folks with a cool head nod, but most sat with a completely blank, confused reaction like you saw on TV. Nobody said a single thing, good or bad, after he finished.

The same "Down white guy" who was next to us though.....when Taylor Swift won album of the year, he was PISSSSSSSSSSSED.....he screamed out "NOOO!!!! NO!!! How the fuck, Academy???" and put his head down and might have even started crying. Then, he said "where's Kanye when you need him??"

I feel like Adele's performance actually sounded and felt better in person than from how it appeared on TV. It didn't seem as pitchy for some reason through the sound system there.