Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLots, of course!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12968819&mesg_id=12969125
12969125, Lots, of course!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-05-16 09:32 PM
I got a sweet little bundle of vintage stuff by none of it. Included were two favorites, the Real Deal 2 and FlyByU Uptempo. Both were too small though so I sold them at a tidy profit (about 2.5X what I paid). There were some old AIs in there as well, but I already had them.

Speaking of Reebok, I bought a vintage pair of Shaq Dunk Mobs from a guy in Spain, too bad he didn't have the Preacher model also. He had some cool shit but a lot of it was not wearable.

If you're looking for a good Nike runner, the Odyssey is a beautiful shoe. Sort of a mashup of the Vomero series and the Equalon series as a more supportive, more expensive and better extension of the Structure series. Lots of cushioning and serious support, unlike most stuff from Nike, who laughably claims the Lunar Glide is a support shoe.

I got another little bundle with some Air Max Elite, Total Max II and, best of all, a weird WNBA player sample of the Air Total Max Uptempo. I just need the white/black/red womens pair to have all the OGs and all wearable. This was just a bonus. it's a white/black 3/4 cut make up in a womens sz 13.5. Helluva find for me as I fucking LOVE that shoe, even if the retro was somewhat disappointing. These are 19 years old and still wearable. Similarly I am also cornering the market on the GOAT, the Total Air Aggress Force. Have a couple pairs in most colors, still more TBs, highs, PEs and another white/black/royal pair.

I got the decent Js that recently dropped, 72-10s, Maroon 6s white/red IVs, white/cements on the way, etc. I will get those black 12s also, pretty hard despite some otherwise underwhelming releases. I might get those ugly sweater 7s, I dunno, they'd have to be kinda cheap. I got some 2004 Playoff XIIs, been looking for a DS pair for a while now.

Also have all the big Jumpman XX9s now plus the BHM and photo reel models. I liked the XX9, very disappointed with the forthcoming XXX though I will cop for cheap to ball in, I guess.

Got a good number of Curry 1 and 2s. I have to say that these are the worst Under Armour bball shoes I have ever worn, the 1 in particular. It's such a tease, could have been an excellent shoe and instead it's mediocre. Flip the foams, reinforce the collar and make the forefoot a little more flexible and it's the GOAT. As it is, very forgettable.

Mizuno is back on point after some shaky offerings, love the Nirvana 5, for example.

I am thinking of ordering some LeBron 13s and Kobe 11s, both ID colors, have yet to pull the trigger though.

I got some more New Balance Worthys, the UNC and Purple Reign ones. Always loved that shoe. Also picked up some Diadoras, the Italian and Croatian N9000s, along with some Horween Stan Smith (both versions) from the Packer sale in December. I got some other shit from them too but it slips my mind, those Just Blaze Sauconys but only because the price was right.

Let's see, what else, Chris Paul 13s in both colors, Muhammad Ali Under Armour shoes (weird as fuck to see him away from the three stripes), various and sundry Boost runners on the cheap and probably other shit that I am outright forgetting. I have a sickness.