Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLike folks haven't spent the last 20 years sharing their own theories of the
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12966797&mesg_id=12977697
12977697, Like folks haven't spent the last 20 years sharing their own theories of the
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Feb-23-16 02:54 PM
case (like folks are doing in this very post).

Also, I am not talking about presenting the prosecution/LAPD case. I am talking about a summation of an independent third party's assessment of the facts of the case. Maybe you don't fuzz with Toobin, but I think dude is an even hand reporter without a dog in the race. Here is his take on what was presented in court:

As to the central facts ,In the case, it is my view that Simpson murdered his ex-wife and her friend on June 12. Any rational analysis of the events and evidence in question leads to that conclusion. This is true whether one considers evidence not presented to the jury such as the results of Simpson's polygraph examination and his flight with AJ Cowlings on June 17—or just the evidence established in court. Notwithstanding the prosecution's many errors, the evidence against Simpson at the trial was overwhelming. Simpson had a violent relationship with his ex-wife, and tensions between them were growing in the weeks leading up to murders. Simpson had no alibi for the time of the murders nor was his Bronco parked at his home during that time. Simpson had a cut on his left hand on the day after the murders, and DNA tests showed conclusively that it was Simpson's blood to the left of the shoe prints leaving the scene. Nicole's blood was found on a sock in his bedroom, and Goldman's blood-as well as Simpson's - was found in the Bronco. Hair consistent with Simpson's was found on the killer’s cap and on Goldman’s shirt. The gloves that Nicole bought for Simpson in 1990 were almost certainly the ones used by her killer.

It is theoretically possible, of course, that Simpson killed the two victims and that the police also planted evidence against him,- that he was guilty and framed. But I am convinced that did that did not happen, and that it could not have happened. In their summations Cochran and Scheck suggested that the police, in their effort to frame Simpson, planted at least the following items: (I) Simpsons blood on the rear gate at Bundy, (2) Goldman's blood in Simpson’s Bronco (3) Nicole's blood on the sock found in his bedroom; (4) Simpson’s blood on the same sock; and (5) the infamous glove at Rockingham, which had, as Clark put in her summation, “all of the evidence on it: Ron Goldman’s fibers from his shirt; Ron Goldman’s blood; Nicoles blood; and the Bronco fiber” The defense never spelled out how all the is nefarious activity took place, but pulling it off would have required more or less the following. The core of the defense case was, of course, that Fuhrman surreptitiously took that glove from the murder scene to the defendant's home. Not only would he have had to transport the glove with its residue of the crime scene, but he would also have had to find some of Simpson's blood (from sources unknown) to deposit upon it and then wipe the glove on the inside of Simpson's locked car (by means unknown)—all the while not knowing whether Simpson had an ironclad alibi for the time of the murders. To me, this possibility is simply not believable, even taking into consideration Fuhrman's repugnant racial views.

The other police conspirators (conspicuously unnamed by the defense) would have had to be equally adept and even more determined. Many of the police officers at the crime scene noticed the blood on the back gate at Bundy; someone would have had to wipe that off and apply Simpson's. The autopsies, where blood samples were taken from the victims, were not performed until June 14, more than a full day after the murders. Someone would have had to take some of Goldman's blood and put it in the Bronco, which was then in police custody. And someone (the same person? another?) would have had to take some of Nicole's blood and dab it on the sock, which was then in a police evidence lab. (When Vannatter took his notorious trip to Brentwood with the blood vial, he only had Simpson's sample, not Nicole's, with him.) All of these illegal actions by the police would have had to take place at a time when everyone involved in the case was under the most relentless media scrutiny in American legal history—and all for the benefit of an unknown killer who, like only 9 percent of the population, happened to share Simpson's shoe size, twelve.

>>When I get a moment I will scan the couple of pages that
>sum
>>up the case against OJ and the LAPD to see if y'all can poke
>>holes in it.
>
>OJ's defense team spent several months and i dunno how many
>thousands/millions of $ 'poking holes' in the LAPD case. why
>would you expect any of us to be able to do so w/o those
>resources, time or knowledge?
>
>i mean, hell, let's see if we can build a space shuttle too.
>just for fun! or let's go cook up the polio vaccine using a
>recipe we can find online. just for fun!
>
>LOL
>
>wth?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"