Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Mad? Not at all...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12956056&mesg_id=12957714
12957714, RE: Mad? Not at all...
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Jan-15-16 01:28 PM
I totally understand what you are saying. As a parent, I feel the exact same way!

But, let me be honest. I don't believe that in the 60-70s the state of California was enforcing the statutory rape charges on the Sunset Strip the way they would be now. So yeah, a LOT of stars got away with behavior that was illegal that wouldn't happen today. Especially with Social Media.

Unless you have money, and even then its up in the air, you are getting charged, in today's age.

A lot of Rock Stars, Comedians, Soul & Funk singers got away with some really awful behavior. And, they can't be charged for it. I can give Bill Cosby the stink eye for the rest of his and my life, but if he raped someone in the 80s or before, honestly...he gets away with it. R. Kelly on the other hand, should not get a pass because he is a predator. And, that is the difference. The groupie culture has been well documented so we know what happened back then. So you can choose to fuck with those artists or not.

R. Kelly isn't dealing with groupie culture. The Rrrruh is a predator. He preys on young girls. So no, Mr. Kelly gets no pass from me. I will not listen to his music. I will not stand up for him. And, I believe that eventually he will get tossed in the seventh level of hell for his exploits. But, its not my place to judge. So, I just choose to ignore his ignorant ass.