Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere's no win here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12954644&mesg_id=12955022
12955022, There's no win here.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jan-11-16 02:31 PM
All things considered the options are as follows:

I stay:

-She gets raped.
-I possibly get killed.
-I possibly get us both killed.
-We both wind up beaten and/or killed outright.

I may be able to put up enough of a fight to draw some attention and fend them off from the worst long enough to get some kind of help or give my daughter a chance to get away.

We may survive. Maybe. No guarantee.

I go:

-She gets raped.
-She may also get beaten and/or killed outright.

-I can return with help. Maybe in time to save her life. Maybe not. No guarantee.

NO chance of creating an opportunity for my daughter to get away.

Everything about this is a gamble that heavily favors the house and there’s no real way to quantify the odds.

I don’t think I could leave her alone in that situation. In the end my thinking would need to focus on saving her life though and that’s the real crux of this. That’s really the only point that any of us, as men, fathers who love our child and place their lives above our own, needs to consider, and neither option is attractive.

We’re in a bad way either way. I think I’d just try to stall, talk my way out, back away, and try to figure something out. In the end, if I was unable to find a way out I’d probably do my best to channel my inner Jason Bourne if there’s one guy with one gun and take my chances. Yep, inner super hero, Case. I’d look for him. I’d pray for him. I’d wish, hope, whatever, trying to make that guy a reality somehow, because you don’t just LET these guys rape your child. Five of them at that. So yeah, I think I’d try. I’ve successfully held my own several times while getting jumped in the past, even when they had weapons, and I’d take my chances.

Really, there’s one reason for that: because there’s no guarantee.
I’m playing the odds either way. If they let me just walk off, there’s no way they don’t expect me to return with cops so they have every motivation to do their evil business and kill her before I can get back to her. That didn’t happen in this case, thank god, but it was a gamble. I don’t know that I could bring myself to leave my child in that situation. I’d fight like hell to save her from any of that so that at a minimum, if things don’t work out, she doesn’t have to endure the added emotional burden of me leaving her to these animals.