Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWow...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12950034&mesg_id=12951001
12951001, Wow...
Posted by murph71, Mon Jan-04-16 10:08 AM

>yes, nigga - i REFUSE to believe that any negro could get away with a crime of this >scale for this long without some SERIOUS help from others.

I was trying to wash my hands of the whole thing given how nutty these posts have gotten, but this one really stuck out...

There are conspiracies that r solid and true...Some serious discussions to be had...

Linking Cosby being able to allude justice with some grand conspiracy ain't one of them....

U want to know how Cosby got away with reportedly assaulting damn near 50 women over a 40 plus year period?

The answer is very complex.....And that's why people tend to cling to the emotional and at times simplistic answers....

We can talk about how most of Cosby's victim's worked in the entertainment-star making complex, a sector that can be seedy as shit....Talk of rape, sexual harassment is par for the course in Hollywood....But it's hard to prove in the entertainment world for obvious reasons....

We can talk about how in the 60's, 70's and 80's, even a black man with money could get away with rape...Rape laws back in the days often times treated victims like the aggressors.....Like they HAD IT COMING...How were u dressed? Why did they even come home with their alleged rapist? Those were the questions rape victims usually got bombarded with...It's no wonder few rape victims even wanted to come out...

Hell, it's still like that for many women today (Just check out that Darren Sharper case...)

We can also talk about how Cosby was covered by the cloak of his unimpeachable image: the family man/ the philanthropist/ the education crusader/ the icon..This would cause every day folks to ask: HOW COULD THE CREATOR OF FAT ALBERT/A MAN WHO DOESN'T EVEN CURSE IN HIS STAND-UP/THE HOST OF KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS COMMIT SUCH SICK UNSPEAKABLE CRIMES?

Finally, we can talk about Cos' money. He's worth nearly 1 billion.....If you followed this case you would see that Cosby and his legal team have been pretty ruthless. They have managed to keep these cases out of court..Cosby settled out of court with a women who accused him of rape....But mostly he has basically gone after his accusers and struck first...

Basically, what I'm saying is....This case ain't 1 + 1 = 2.....