Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf you are asking if I'm truly shocked by this shit....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12950034&mesg_id=12950743
12950743, If you are asking if I'm truly shocked by this shit....
Posted by Corey_Atherley, Sun Jan-03-16 04:34 AM
that it has become a distraction in my daily life, or it has forced me to turn off my tv because the media is blowing this thing up, then "no". After all, like someone else commented, it's the media's job to break this news story- with Bill Cosby being a high profile celebrity. If it was an average Joe being charged for such serious offenses, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

The news of rape allegations have been going on for months, even years (since 2005) until it was brought to the media's attention due to that stand-up comedian calling Bill a rapist. After that, shit just snowballed with all these women coming forward pleading their cases. When Bill Cosby got arrested that was like the wheels of justice finally turning, but for how long? I feel as though this case will go on forever (since he's still in the "innocent until proven guilty zone"), thus I'm no longer investing my interest into this until more things develop. This seems like a cold case to me.