Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI think it is a bit more nuanced than most people want to discuss.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12946485&mesg_id=12948599
12948599, I think it is a bit more nuanced than most people want to discuss.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 09:21 AM
You have:

1 - The die-hard fans (such as mistermaxx) who don't really give a shit, they're gonna ride with him and for him.

2 - Casual fan (a) who never was die-hard, but since the cases has been turned off and doesn't listen anymore

3 - Casual fan (b) who never was die-hard and still isn't but doesn't mind enjoying some of the tunes from time to time

4 - "Never was a fan" and since the allegations have become critical of him.

5 - Hated him since "You Remind Me of My Jeep" and hate him even more now.

1 & 3 allow him to sustain a career, while 4 & 5 is who you see most of on twitter, but at the same time you do have a healthy dose of 1 on social media as well. I mean, he does have over 700k followers.

So going back to the interview, both he and the interviewer had a leg to stand on because she has the tweets and he has the fans at his shows, as well as some successful albums in the past 14yrs (which goes to challenge the connection between his lackluster sales and those critics).

This really goes back to my point in that at some point she needed to professionally move on from the negative tweets because his point was just as strong. It would be like Obama spending most of an interview talking about conservative critics, when after all.... he did win 2 elections.