Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: and if Jimmy Page did that today
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12946485&mesg_id=12946804
12946804, RE: and if Jimmy Page did that today
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 05:24 PM
>i don't think Jimmy Page would have to worry and songs with
>controversal theme based lyrics been around forever in a day.

Sure but specifically if Page were accused of kidnapping a young girl and was out here releasing songs with sexually-charged lyrics I'm sure he'd face scrutiny like what Kellz is facing.

>when I said Polanski and Allen its that their work ain't
>gotta have a tag thrown on them despite what has been alleged.

But it is 'tagged'. Every time either of them releases any project their past gets dragged out. And with Allen it's a similar conversation - 'Can we support his art when we know h he molested his adopted daughter?' And then he has defenders and all of that. It's much like the Kellz situation.

>Stevie Wonder doesn't hardly put out music. he done went from
>being prolific to being like Sade's older brother in hardly
>putting anything out.

Yes but my point is his records don't sell like they used to and not bc of any conspiracy. Same with Kellz.

>R.Kelly still has a pressence in modern music and to me its
>more about the content and what he puts out than age. i mean
>Charlie Wilson is bigger now in his mid 60's than when he was
>half that age.

His current solo records don't sell like the Gap Bands' biggest hits sold. Again - that's the passage of time at work. The natural order of things. No conspiracy.

>i know that Black artists don't get to musically age as
>graceful as their white counterparts, but there are
>expections.

Even the exceptions see a dip. And I think Kellz IS one of those exceptions, btw. His peers from the 90s have mostly fallen off compared to him and his recent success.