Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectR. Kelly on Huff Post Live = TRAIN WRECK (Link)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12946485
12946485, R. Kelly on Huff Post Live = TRAIN WRECK (Link)
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 01:43 PM

Looking at it right now and shaking my head, y'all....

This R. Kelly interview is going off the rails....They asking him about the young girls he messed around with...And the comment section is nuts....I don't know why he would go on a live format like this....His management team r not doing him any favors....This is pretty much nuts....

THAT LINK: http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/r-kelly-live/567470325a743c56430011fe

12946487, fuck him
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 01:43 PM
12946491, ^^^
Posted by Atillah Moor, Mon Dec-21-15 01:45 PM
12946493, RE: fuck him
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 01:46 PM

Dude walked out of the interview....lol
12946496, RE: fuck him
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 01:47 PM
>
>
>Dude walked out of the interview....lol

lmao..awesome!

what a clown
12946504, ^^^
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 01:51 PM
12946621, ^
Posted by flipnile, Mon Dec-21-15 03:13 PM
12946625, Yep.
Posted by Pete Burns, Mon Dec-21-15 03:15 PM
12946494, damn i missed it
Posted by GROOVEPHI, Mon Dec-21-15 01:46 PM
12946499, RE: damn i missed it
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 01:48 PM

It was VERY cringe-worthy......
12946522, its still there..watching it now....disaster..
Posted by LAbeathustla, Mon Dec-21-15 02:09 PM
i guess this nigga dont realize most niggas wrote him off yeas ago...
12946531, watching now.. i'm kinda digging interviewer jawn
Posted by GROOVEPHI, Mon Dec-21-15 02:15 PM
12946662, Ha! He still has plenty of hardcore fans. Some post here
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 03:34 PM
He's not completely delusional when he says he can still sell out venues

Those ppl are just as much to blame. He seemed legitimately surprised that the issue came up
12946790, he made U Saved Me and Price, Badu etc all feel for the okeydoke
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:14 PM
excusing that pedo muther

smh

>He's not completely delusional when he says he can still sell
>out venues
>
>Those ppl are just as much to blame. He seemed legitimately
>surprised that the issue came up
12946520, didnt this same shit happn to him a while back? nigga aint learn
Posted by mikediggz, Mon Dec-21-15 02:08 PM
12946611, i thought someone upped an old post
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Dec-21-15 03:05 PM
this is what happens when you have too much money.. you lose all types of respect for reality.

is mistermaxxx his agent? cause how the fuck does this man think he can do anything on the internet in 2015?
12946620, I thought the #AskRKelly fiasco would have taught him something
Posted by Pete Burns, Mon Dec-21-15 03:11 PM
12946527, Twitter going in...
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 02:13 PM

Some comments....

Monique Abbadie @moniquesongbird

._. ‏@Cori_J 5m5 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
I don't even think the people on R.Kelly's team like him. They knew this interview with HuffPost was doomed before it even started. 😩😂

Kia MakarechiVerified account ‏@Kia_Mak 7m7 minutes ago
How else did R. Kelly's publicists think that HuffPost Live interview was going to go? What does HPL gain from having him on & softballing?

NarCoTic FaiRy ‏@RNTrini2DeBONE 8m8 minutes ago
Wait R. Kelly did a live interview with huff post where ppl asked him questions & he walked out? What was his expectation?

Killa Scorpio ♏ ‏@AyoKB7o3 8m8 minutes ago
😭😭😭 @cthagod: Why R Kelly walk out of the Huff Post interview? Too many pedophile jokes?

Hip Hop Headquarters ‏@TripleHQ 9m9 minutes ago
R. Kelly Interview with HuffPost http://triplehq.com/r-kelly-interview-with-huffpost/ …

Mango Juice Papi ‏@BaderAlghoul 9m9 minutes ago
HuffPost are trash but I wanna thank then for blessing us for that R Kelly Q&A😂😂😭😭

shar jossell ‏@SharSaysSo 9m9 minutes ago
I NEED to see this HuffPost Live R.Kelly interview. Did he really walk out???!!

Steven ‏@stevencbe 11m11 minutes ago
Apparently R Kelly walked out of a live interview with Huff Post because people online were asking err... those... questions...

Cis, Chill ‏@DDDDDDDDora 12m12 minutes ago
@klew24 HuffPost knew it was a bad idea. So did R. Kelly. But no one else is interviewing him.

Narky The Villain ‏@NarkyTheMaskot 13m13 minutes ago
R Kelly stormed out the Huffpost interview is the funniest thing I have heard today.

Jordan Armstrong  ‏@PorschaPocket 13m13 minutes ago
I hope huffpost is posting the R. Kelly interview

Shay ‏@thehappychick 13m13 minutes ago
R Kelly should've "just said NO" to Huff Post #thoseweren'tquestions

Kev ‏@klew24 14m14 minutes ago
Who told Huff Post and R. Kelly that this was a good idea though? One must wonder
3 retweets 0 likes

Charlamagne Tha GodVerified account ‏@cthagod 14m14 minutes ago
Why R Kelly walk out of the Huff Post interview? Too many pedophile jokes?

trap ‏@trapgawd 14m14 minutes ago
Huff post disrespecting r Kelly chill im not with it

Carrington Harrison ‏@cdotharrison 16m16 minutes ago
People over at the Huff Post really thought in 2015 that an Ask R. Kelly segment was going to go well?

Brittany Niccole ‏@BriaNiccole 16m16 minutes ago
Looks like I missed all the action at the Huff Post Live interview with R. Kelly

Adam FleischerVerified account ‏@adamfleischer 16m16 minutes ago
the huffpost live host handled that entire r. kelly situation and his antics incredibly well. didn't back down. admirable
12948326, You are having way too much fun with this, murph LOL
Posted by MME, Thu Dec-24-15 06:26 AM
do you, fam...
12946540, oh boy here we go lol
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Dec-21-15 02:23 PM
12946542, That was the most frustrating thing I've ever witnessed.
Posted by Brew, Mon Dec-21-15 02:28 PM
He's an idiot.
12946550, how the hell is he able to talk for so long lol
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Dec-21-15 02:32 PM
12946614, Hahah I was wondering that too but when I listened closer...
Posted by Brew, Mon Dec-21-15 03:08 PM
he was mostly just repeating himself over and over and louder and louder. Haha. Like a child covering his ears while she spoke. "lalalalalaLALALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU I LOVE MY FANS I LOVE ALL MY FANS SO MUCH"

What a fucking loser.
12946651, truly.
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 03:28 PM
>He's an idiot.
12946549, po thang. he tried it.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 02:31 PM
it didn't work but he tried it.

and he said he's going to walk out of the interview and go to McDonald's. i'd have gone right into the allegations about him @ the Rock N Roll McD's picking up young girls.

'i didn't come here to be interrogated'.

and OMG i love the way she handled it when R told her she had ONE more question. she went right for the jugular. and then he walked out. which means she won. LOL
12946798, damn they needed someone from Chicago to do the interview
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Dec-21-15 05:20 PM
that would have been hilarious
12946556, sometimes i wonder how many girls he names on that vibe are...
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 02:36 PM
underage?

but this was a trainwreck he gotta stop wit these interviews

but it was so many hilariously sad moments!

& lol @ the end, "you dont have to comment on my appreance, sir".

r: you ever been to a disposition? this is what it feels like
huffpost reporter: it's probably the accent
12946561, "Little cute Aaliyah's got it "
Posted by GROOVEPHI, Mon Dec-21-15 02:40 PM
she had to be 12 back then.. but that was on the album at the end before the fade out. Its probably edited out of all versions of the song now, but it was definitely there.

12946564, yop.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 02:42 PM
12946565, YOOOOOOO!!!!
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 02:42 PM
12946630, Man I realized that a few years ago and said wait.........huh?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Dec-21-15 03:17 PM
12946787, what a sick fu.....
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:11 PM
>she had to be 12 back then.. but that was on the album at the
>end before the fade out. Its probably edited out of all
>versions of the song now, but it was definitely there.
>
>
12946566, sound of pee pee hitting the bowl
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-21-15 02:42 PM
12946571, LMAO
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Dec-21-15 02:45 PM
12946575, can't watch right now, any risk it'll be removed?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Dec-21-15 02:46 PM
if yes, how to rip it real quick?
12946583, White acts have been charged and done time or found this or that
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 02:51 PM
they won't move on. the man was found not guilty nearly a decade ago and he talking about his work. thats all its about now.

and they are Envious of his talent because they ain't got a White Clone for the Crown. just as they did with Michael Jackson.

you don't see white camera all up on Jimmy Page, Woody Allen,Roman Polanski,Rob Lowe, but then again R.kelly done surpassed them in career so its what it is.
12946604, LOL
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 03:01 PM
>you don't see white camera all up on Jimmy Page

if Jimmy was known for writing songs w/sexually-charged lyrics he might get this treatment. that was part of what the interviewer wanted to ask Kellz about - some of his fans feel conflicted in buying his sexually-charged music b/c of the nature of the allegations of sexual misconduct w/children. Kellz had just talked all about why he thinks his music ain't selling she was trying to ask if he thought maybe the allegations play a part in the dip in his record sales.

, Woody
>Allen,

he gets the same treatment every time he releases a movie or is slated to receive an honor for his work. it happened last year or the year before IIRC.

>Roman Polanski,

he gets the same treatment as Woody Allen.

>Rob Lowe,

i don't hear it as much about Rob. but i'd expect to hear that stuff in the air about him if he were working in a sexually-charged role. he seems to steer clear of those roles.

but then again R.kelly done
>surpassed them in career so its what it is.

i'm not sure about that considering Polanski and Allen have each won at least one Oscar and Kellz ain't got one. but that's of no moment - all 3 are successful in their respective fields and will likely be remembered for decades and not just b/c they're infamous pedophilic/rapey criminals but b/c they've created great works of art.
12946627, Jimmy Page kidnapped a girl and held her until she was 18
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:16 PM
and Led Zepplin's music was Blues Based and while they were talented and I hold John Bonham in high high regard musicianship wise, they were never gonna mistaken with what they were putting out with the Mighty Clouds of Joy.

i seen them white folks in hollywood stick a tom selleck moustache on Rob Lowe clean him up and sweep things under the carpet.

what is hurting R.Kelly now sales wise is that he can't put out the albums he wants and i know this from a insider. they trying to do him how they did Michael Jackson. they have made it a point to keep him tied as just a R&B act though his work has touched the whole world.

we know the ARRUH is bigger than them white folks because "Ignition Remix" almost became the National Anthem and i was at wallmart the other night and this White cat was blasting Ignition and i hear it all the time.

point is he ain't never fell off musically and they been trying to get at him,but he won't fall so the industry is trying to conspire against him.

he spoke about it.

and like i said Woody Allen don't face no hate and his films do what they do period. same with Polanski and he got a oscar in 03 with top tier actors and actress.

them white boys get top tier white folks to have in their films it ain't like they are stuck with Scott Baio and Debbie gibson trying to audtion??

anyway the man was cleared almost a decade ago and they need to ease on up
12946642, RE: Jimmy Page kidnapped a girl and held her until she was 18
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 03:25 PM

Dog...they were getting at Robin Thicke for so called "rapey" lyrics on "Blurred Lines"...They tried to shut down his career off of lyrics, Maxx...LYRICS...lol

When u bring up all those old white mufuckas u have to remember ONE important factor...This was a different era...No social media in the 70's, 80's or even most of the '90s...

Kellz' issue is his legal problems and lil girl chasing started to TRULY come to light and bubble when social media was beginning its take over....

Trust me...If a young WHITE rock star TODAY were to get caught up in having sex with some underage girl, the social media machine would do its best to destroy their career...

Kelly needs to understand shit ain't sweet in the world of Twitter and anti-rape culture....

I blame the homie Chris Chambers and them for even allowing dude to do a social media interview....

This is Kellz' scarlet letter....U have to deal with it as a fan.....
12946666, Man they been riding On Kellz for years
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:36 PM
social media or none they been picking. if he can just talk about his music greatness then cool.

Thicke ain't had to worry about those lyrics. his problem is being a medium one hit wonder and a stolen song and him and your Boy Pharrell looked like frauds in court. they couldn't find a middle C on a piano.

them turkeys embarassed their music credibility in court
and THicke is overrated and a lounge act 3rd tier white Boy who if it weren't for his daddy then that turkey would be about as remembered muisically as Dino"24/7" and Dino might be even better.

they going after ARRUH because nobody else is as polarizing and has hhad his musical depth and He is the Last truly Great R&B Artist.

they madd because the Crown stays in the CHI.

if Justin Bieber gets in trouble it ain't like Chris Brown getting in trouble come on Brother you know what time it is? Breezy will stay catching flames like is a Burger Patty on a Burger King Broiler.
12946759, the argument is white pedophiles get better treatment or something?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Mon Dec-21-15 04:49 PM
Not sure if the subject is worth breaking down along the lines of such a flawed concept as race. It seems more like the pedophiles that serve Hollywood do better than the ones that serve the music industry.
12946769, them white folks do what want to do period
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:53 PM
and nobody says a word. none of those turkeys went to court like R.Kelly and stayed in the states and faced things head on.

Roman Polanski gets to skate all over the world like he is Scott Hammell and whatnot.
12946763, and if Jimmy Page did that today
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 04:50 PM
and went on to write songs w/sexually-charged lyrics he would face much of the same scrutiny Kellz faces today.

i say that based in part on examples you brought up - Woody Allen and Roman Polanski. any time either of them release a major project their past is dragged back out in the light.

Rob Lowe won't ever escape his past either unless he makes choices that steer clear of sex and he seems content w/that so far. we'll see.

i dunno if Kellz is actually being hemmed up on some conspiracy shit considering most of his peers who hit the big time in the early/mid 90s have also seen their careers kinda cool off. it's the natural order of things. so i attribute the dip in Kellz sales to the passing of time for the most part. i think the pedophile/rape allegations that dog him also play a part but not as a large a part as the fact that he's aged and the kids just ain't into his stuff for the most part. and that's no shade on him b/c that happens to the greatest of the greats. hell, Stevie used to sell millions of records but he doesn't anymore either. Prince used to. Lionel Richie used to. and on and on. it's just the order of things. and that's where Kellz is now. so i don't need to believe that some conspiracy is afoot and that's why the brother's records don't sell like they used to. it's just what happens.
12946776, RE: and if Jimmy Page did that today
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:59 PM
i don't think Jimmy Page would have to worry and songs with controversal theme based lyrics been around forever in a day.

when I said Polanski and Allen its that their work ain't gotta have a tag thrown on them despite what has been alleged.

Stevie Wonder doesn't hardly put out music. he done went from being prolific to being like Sade's older brother in hardly putting anything out.

R.Kelly still has a pressence in modern music and to me its more about the content and what he puts out than age. i mean Charlie Wilson is bigger now in his mid 60's than when he was half that age.

i know that Black artists don't get to musically age as graceful as their white counterparts, but there are expections.

Charlie Wilson is doing bizness still.

and regards to R.kelly as long as he is a black thing then this hardly comes up, but when its White media then its brought up and its like can spray and its done like clock work
12946804, RE: and if Jimmy Page did that today
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 05:24 PM
>i don't think Jimmy Page would have to worry and songs with
>controversal theme based lyrics been around forever in a day.

Sure but specifically if Page were accused of kidnapping a young girl and was out here releasing songs with sexually-charged lyrics I'm sure he'd face scrutiny like what Kellz is facing.

>when I said Polanski and Allen its that their work ain't
>gotta have a tag thrown on them despite what has been alleged.

But it is 'tagged'. Every time either of them releases any project their past gets dragged out. And with Allen it's a similar conversation - 'Can we support his art when we know h he molested his adopted daughter?' And then he has defenders and all of that. It's much like the Kellz situation.

>Stevie Wonder doesn't hardly put out music. he done went from
>being prolific to being like Sade's older brother in hardly
>putting anything out.

Yes but my point is his records don't sell like they used to and not bc of any conspiracy. Same with Kellz.

>R.Kelly still has a pressence in modern music and to me its
>more about the content and what he puts out than age. i mean
>Charlie Wilson is bigger now in his mid 60's than when he was
>half that age.

His current solo records don't sell like the Gap Bands' biggest hits sold. Again - that's the passage of time at work. The natural order of things. No conspiracy.

>i know that Black artists don't get to musically age as
>graceful as their white counterparts, but there are
>expections.

Even the exceptions see a dip. And I think Kellz IS one of those exceptions, btw. His peers from the 90s have mostly fallen off compared to him and his recent success.
12947008, Stevie Wonder is all over TV screens at the moment doing XMas ads.
Posted by TheAlbionist, Tue Dec-22-15 06:54 AM
You're doing way too much here Maxx.

Plenty of aging white entertainers have been locked up or ostracised recently for suspect sexual histories, especially in the UK but it sounds like the US is on the catch up... Gary Glitter jailed and now exiled in the Far East, Rolf Harris rotting in a cell until he dies, Dave Lee Travis jailed, Max Clifford jailed, Woody Allen hounded at every opportunity.

Roman Polanski, far from being allowed to "skate all over the world" is hiding in Poland because the US have been trying to extradite him for years. The last attempt was less than 2 months ago.

I know you're blinded by your love for the mediocrity of R. Kelly, but don't make shit up about this being racist when it's not. He's a wrongun who routinely fucked underage girls and deserves to be treated like all the other wronguns who routinely fuck underage girls.

You don't defend someone like R. Kelly unless you're seriously struggling with denial. On occasion he's been a decent artist, but at other times he's been disgusting excuse for humanity.

Fuck R. Kelly.
12947061, RE: Stevie Wonder is all over TV screens at the moment doing XMas ads.
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 09:53 AM
>You're doing way too much here Maxx.

Yes...he is...

>Plenty of aging white entertainers have been locked up or
>ostracised recently for suspect sexual histories, especially
>in the UK but it sounds like the US is on the catch up... Gary
>Glitter jailed and now exiled in the Far East, Rolf Harris
>rotting in a cell until he dies, Dave Lee Travis jailed, Max
>Clifford jailed, Woody Allen hounded at every opportunity.

True....

>Roman Polanski, far from being allowed to "skate all over the
>world" is hiding in Poland because the US have been trying to
>extradite him for years. The last attempt was less than 2
>months ago.

This^^^^is especially true....

12947193, typical Murph response
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:11 PM
any deadweight TUrkey who opposes me who co signs them?

you.

and if its a diss against R.Kelly who is the first there co signing? you.

notice a pattern with this picture?

Murph is making sure he keeps the anti ME thing and whoever i pull for in first page.

don't change.
12947191, scrub who is you?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:09 PM
as if you know the double standard. no turkey you doing too much because if you knew the history then you would check your facts.

bottom line found not guilty almost a decade ago.

you either move on or you stay in denial
12946799, RE: and if Jimmy Page did that today
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 05:21 PM
>i dunno if Kellz is actually being hemmed up on some
>conspiracy shit considering most of his peers who hit the big
>time in the early/mid 90s have also seen their careers kinda
>cool off. it's the natural order of things.

Yep^^^^

It is what it is. I think Kellz' has had a very long career that defied the usual trappings of celebrity....His longevity has been at times impressive and other times head-scratching....

But his past pedo exploits are hard to get by in the never ending social media era we are living in now....

Think of it like this....Chuck Berry had a camera that was set inside a toilet at one of his businesses. He had an entire collection of video of women unknowingly being filmed. It was disturbing. And yet it was forgotten....Because Chuck's legal issues started before the age of Twitter...It was written off as just some old ass geezer being a perv.

But if Chuck or even a Keith Richards pulled something off like that TODAY? They would get wacked.......

Social media has become the great equalizer....Kellz has to just deal with the realities of things. He will be known as a great R&B man who also happened to be a serial abuser of young girls....
12946808, plus plenty ppl saw that video....
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 05:27 PM
I didn't see it but everyone I know who saw it said its clear Kellz was engaged in sex acts with a child. If we were just talking rumors and an acquittal at trial he would be in better shape (see also: MJ). But with Kellz too many ppl have seen damning evidence with their own eyes.
12946825, RE: plus plenty ppl saw that video....
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 06:02 PM
>I didn't see it but everyone I know who saw it said its clear
>Kellz was engaged in sex acts with a child. If we were just
>talking rumors and an acquittal at trial he would be in better
>shape (see also: MJ). But with Kellz too many ppl have seen
>damning evidence with their own eyes.

I was working on several pieces at that time, so I def. forced myself to watch That Kellz video. And u r right...It's one thing to go by the oral history of Jimmy Page and the like about their times fucking young groupies...

It's quite another to have the actual video exploits of the old school rockers actually having sex with little girls...

That's another hurdle for Kellz. There is actual video evidence....U mix that with the theme of 99.9 precent of his songs (SEX SEX SEX!!!!!!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!) AND social media and u got a potent cocktail of a cultural scarlet letter.
12946858, wrong them of his songs break down in parts
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:57 PM
acting like he don't have Gospel songs, inspirational theme songs,

songs about struggling

songs about things gone wrong

feel good songs

sexual is about 75% and even 20% is about over exaggeration.

but albums like his self title 95,happy people,u saved,me, loveland,love letter, write me back, epic, aren't sexual at all.

he got 8 albums with a sticker and the others don't.

with him it ain't all one thing
12946827, Chuck Berry is a Black Man from down SOuth and he did get in trouble
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:03 PM
did time back in the day and the camera thing and still gets love in the LOU till this day and folks moved on.

but he caught a case or two and media was media on him and being a Black Man from the south.

and his material was sexually charged and he had to face the music, but it didn't get in the way of his importance as a music maker and bottom line folks seperate all the time
12946831, plus everybody used to feed their dogs Chuck Wagon dog food
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 06:07 PM
and feed their kids Crunch Berry cereal and so it's the same thing as where Kellz gets unfair scrutiny like a black man from the south.
12946834, they got some illegal alien chick to Question ARRUH
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:11 PM
and since her english ain't good and she was just a dead fish she had to insult him.

Kellz outta ask her for her papers.
12946838, Kellz needs to call Will Smith and Harrison Ford to help him
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 06:25 PM
fight the aliens since he's under attack!
12946849, FYI Will Smith did help
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:46 PM
if you saw the music video "girlfriend" that was for B2k that R.kelly wrote the song and Mr. Biggs ROnald Isley was part of, WIll SMith made a cameo and that is big ups to Will for given ARRUH support back in 03.

Will is cool peeps
12946860, That's entirely relevant to this discussion.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 07:02 PM
it was completely on point.
12946867, no it ain't
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:07 PM
he wasn't in no trial. it was a music video.

i know the details how Kellz got work
and who worked things out for him. but i only talk in box not out here.
12946869, Right.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 07:10 PM
And Flyte Tyme recorded the Control album with Janet in Minneapolis in 1985 after she got on a plane and flew there from LA. So I hear you.
12946875, Jam and Lewis had that album in the can for Sharon Bryant
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:15 PM
formerly of Atlantic Starr. she turned it down cold.

and it took some behind the scenes to make it get down
and Janet wasn't all that on Jam and Lewis because when she was about to start on the rhythm nation project she was working with some other folks
and the powers that be at A&M said and I quote go call Jam and Lewis and get them whatever they want.

Janet wasn't on board.
12946877, Yup. Plus Ray Goodman and Brown were gonna play backup on it
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 07:17 PM
but instead A&M wanted Jimmy and Terry bc they wear black and its slimming so Prince fired them bc they didn't look good in lace panties.
12946882, RE: Yup. Plus Ray Goodman and Brown were gonna play backup on it
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 07:22 PM
>but instead A&M wanted Jimmy and Terry bc they wear black and
>its slimming so Prince fired them bc they didn't look good in
>lace panties.

lol....
12946887, when you lose the argument
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:27 PM
you have to dig ray Goodman and Brown out of the ground
and throw in a good willie tyler and lester puppet string in for good measure.
12946893, That's true. Like how Babyface dug up Toni Braxton
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 07:40 PM
bc he was behind on rent and they made enough money for her to get her TV out of layaway early too so it's all good.
12946924, yeah and Toni got some new carpet for her dome
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:30 PM
she back to getting that Olive Oil weaves
and pieces of hair as if she went to Poyeyes and ordered a 6 piece meal

Babyface got a good album out now BTW
12946617, notice how you remember every white crime
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Dec-21-15 03:09 PM
we never forget...

and niggas never forgive that type of shit.
12946632, white folks do what they want period
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:18 PM
held to different standard however if ARRUH didn't have the musical goods
then those turkeys wouldn't have him on the show.

them turkeys cracked me up, gonna ask him those questions and then off camera be stepping and acting out Trapped in the Closet episodes
12946618, notice how you remember every white crime
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Dec-21-15 03:09 PM
we never forget...

and niggas never forgive that type of shit.
12946731, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT R KELLY IN THIS HREAD
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:32 PM
>they won't move on. the man was found not guilty nearly
>a decade ago and he talking about his work. thats all its
>about now.

HIS ALLEGATIONS ARE CONNECTED TO HIS WORK/LYRICS

JUST CAUSE HE MADE CREEPY SONGS THAT SOME OF YOU CAN STEP TO
12946735, he has many songs that have nothing to do with anything
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:35 PM
about him per se or directly. haters wanna stay hatin
12946742, SO? A PEDOPHILE CAN NOT BE CURED
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:38 PM
>about him per se or directly. haters wanna stay hatin
12946748, you seem to know what he is and i guess you are a expert
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:43 PM
in said feel i assume?
12946752, YUP. IM A PSYCHOLOGIST WHO ASSESSED PEDOPHILES FOR COURT/PRISON
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:45 PM
>in said feel i assume?

SO KEEP TALKIN MR DONT KNOW SHIT
12946785, and as usual loud and saying nothing
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 05:09 PM
and ain't proved nothing. and again nobody knows what alot of these entertainers get into and the ones you don't hear we might not ever know.
12946792, YOU CHAMPION A KNOWN CHILD MOLESTER YOU CHAMPION A CHILD MOLESTER
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:16 PM
>and ain't proved nothing. and again nobody knows what alot of
>these entertainers get into and the ones you don't hear we
>might not ever know.
12946914, Woody Allen >> R. Kelly....lol.....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Dec-21-15 08:18 PM

I don't think Gary Glitter is selling any records right about now Maxx...

none of the people you mentioned are out in the current popular culture selling anything really right now... I'm pretty sure if Roman Polanski made a movie and did a press junket, he wouldn't be surprised if the questions went towards his legal issues. That's probably why he wouldn't do press like that..

and maybe R.Kelly shouldn't either if he expects the issue to never be brought up...

12946923, Woody Allen ain't made a movie that counted since
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:29 PM
Leon Spinks has.

Roman won an oscar in 03 and he got acceess to top tier actors and actress. what you talking about?

he ain't gotta do nothing but chill in France and collect checks and make movies.

he got the powers that be protecting him like he is allstate.

as for Gary Glitter he doing time,however that liberace rug wearing turkey got madd coin for his hit songs. do you know not listen to the music in the background of NBA finals,Super Bowls,world series, stanley cup??? that turkey and QUeen are the kings of Arena favorite songs played
and he is staying in coin.

R.Kelly is more important to Music than Woody Allen is to film BTW.

when has Woody Allen worked with somebody as big as Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston??
12946593, aww forgot abt that. folk was salivating 4 the past couple days
Posted by Riot, Mon Dec-21-15 02:54 PM
After they announced it

I can only imagine kels reading troubles, pedo past, and black twitter combining to make the perfect storm
12946635, he is the most talented Artist on the Planet
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:21 PM
and the next most important Artist living after Stevie Wonder so i expect the polarizing aspect. he has the Baton.
12946654, RE: he is the most talented Artist on the Planet
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 03:31 PM
>and the next most important Artist living after Stevie
>Wonder so i expect the polarizing aspect. he has the Baton.

WTF^^^???????

ARETHA FRANKLIN
HERBIE HANCOCK
PRINCE
PAUL MAC
BOB DYLAN
SLY STONE
JONI
LITTLE RICHARD
CHUCK BERRY

...I mean I can go on and on...U can STAN for Kellz all u want...But let's chill with the hyperbole.....
12946665, meh
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 03:35 PM
PAUL MAC

but i feel you though
12946670, Paul Mccartney is talented but he ain't never wrote no steppin songs
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:39 PM
or blues cuts and that cornball cut he did with Kayne and Rhianna is cute but naw.

Mccartney has bigger songs in his catelog, however ain't nobody in the hood or around the way felt Mccartney since "Say,say,Say" and that had alot to do with Paul MAc working with the King of Music Michael Jackson
12946674, i'm wit you, iont like Paul either...
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 03:41 PM
but you lost me wit reply 40
12946696, RE: i'm wit you, iont like Paul either...
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 04:01 PM
>but you lost me wit reply 40

Of course u feel me....U got some damn sense....lol
12946743, THANK GOD
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:39 PM
>or blues cuts and that cornball cut he did with Kayne and
>Rhianna is cute but naw.
>
>Mccartney has bigger songs in his catelog, however ain't
>nobody in the hood or around the way felt Mccartney since
>"Say,say,Say" and that had alot to do with Paul MAc working
>with the King of Music Michael Jackson
12946750, Paul Mccartney ain't been much in 30 years
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:45 PM
and without Michael Jackson ain't much to remember about his solo career in the last 30 years.
12946757, KELLY IS A PEDOPHILE..MCCARTNEY ISNT
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:48 PM
KELLY OVERALL AINT SHIT

>and without Michael Jackson ain't much to remember about his
>solo career in the last 30 years.
12946778, you sure you know everything about Paul Mccartney?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 05:02 PM
musically we are all entitled to our opinion, however on the personal side of the fence do you really know who is and what is?
12946784, NEVER HEARD A THING BOUT MCCARTNEY BEING A PEDOPHILE..KELLY YES
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:08 PM
>musically we are all entitled to our opinion, however on the
>personal side of the fence do you really know who is and what
>is?
12946786, like i Said we don't know what Paul Mccartney has done or not
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 05:11 PM
and can't say. Entertainers are protected if the Money is on point
and some are more so than others for various reasons. so who knows.
12946796, YOU CHAMPION A KNOWN CHILD MOLESTER YOU CHAMPION A CHILD MOLESTER CHILD MOLESTER YOU CHAMPION A CHILD MOLESTER
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:19 PM
>and can't say. Entertainers are protected if the Money is on
>point
>and some are more so than others for various reasons. so who
>knows.
12946686, RE: he is the most talented Artist on the Planet
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:51 PM
i ain't stutter. Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder passed the baton to R.Kelly. Aretha Franklin loves the ARRUH.

only person i might add is smokey Robinson or Sly Stone.

the rest of those folks you mentioned ain't seeing no ARRUH,

Prince is talented, but vastly overrated and i already told you he only counted for 1 decade. and he is a lifetime member on a Milk Carton of never coming back with a cut.

Little Richard great for his time, however naw and I dig him a whole lot but naw.

Chuck Berry was a Pre R Kelly and yet he didn't maintain. Great guitar player,but he ain't touching no Kellz

Joni Mitchell she cool but she ain't seeing no ARRUH and Kellz could bring her back.

Herbie Hancock talented and i dug his versatility but it ain't like i feel his work like Roy AYers and FYI Ayers gave Kellz much respect.

so after Steve Wonder, its R.kelly, Smokey Robinson,Sly Stone,Aretha Franklin,Gladys Knight,Maurice White, Lionel Richie,George Clinton and Charlie Wilson.
12946692, RE: he is the most talented Artist on the Planet
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 03:56 PM

^^^^^^^^ http://tiny.cc/w6sh7x
12946707, RE: he is the most talented Artist on the Planet
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:14 PM
He is and FYI Lawrence Taylor is my cousin funny you used him, but why its gotta be with Crack? all things considered there.

12947015, Hahahahahaha. This is one of those quotes that'll keep coming back,.
Posted by TheAlbionist, Tue Dec-22-15 08:21 AM
THE MOST TALENTED ARTIST ON THE PLANET

ON THE PLANET!
12946639, I feel very, very bad for R. Kelly
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Dec-21-15 03:23 PM
Ryan Kelly, that is. The White Boy on the Lakers who is hella mediocre.

12946644, LMAO!!!!!
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 03:25 PM
12946658, I love the interviewer! I hope she has a very successful life and career
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 03:33 PM
12946661, Same.
Posted by Brew, Mon Dec-21-15 03:34 PM
That must have been insanely frustrating for her. Just watching I was ready to punch that asshole in the face.
12946852, that Chick Sucks she don't even have the Qualifications
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:49 PM
and probably is a Illegal and doesn't have a green card. i demand her papers for proof.
12947172, ^^^^
Posted by astralblak, Tue Dec-22-15 11:49 AM
it's all an act folks

or he's autistic

either way, can we please ban this fool again. really, he does nothing for us. laughing at him isn't enough
12947404, don't do that to them folk, bruh
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-22-15 03:53 PM
>or he's autistic
12947537, your mamma is autistc
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 01:28 AM
sorry now and laters green tooth turkey, you need to stay in your lane
or you gonna get clown going against me
12947294, wooooooooooooooooow
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Tue Dec-22-15 01:39 PM
you really lost it, huh?
12946667, belligerence at its finest
Posted by atruhead, Mon Dec-21-15 03:37 PM
12946678, Key and Peele called it (video)
Posted by nipsey, Mon Dec-21-15 03:44 PM
http://youtu.be/BaNIlk2J_eI
12946837, haha.
Posted by sweet ruffian, Mon Dec-21-15 06:23 PM
12946841, yup. LOL
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 06:33 PM
12946685, R Kelly is the Bill Cosby of music
Posted by justin_scott, Mon Dec-21-15 03:50 PM
12946691, wrong because cosby been doing stuff for years
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 03:54 PM
and his money and white acceptance allowed him to get over on Women of all backgrounds and plus he never went to nobody's court. my uncle use to work in hollywood and cosby did dirt and got a pass like he was almost white.

R.Kelly got his demons and he has to deal things head on and he didn't get no pass.

Cosby while one of the Greatest entertainers ever and a ground breaker, got covered up big time
12946813, SO HAS R KELLY AND YOU CHAMPION HIM
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:32 PM
>and his money and white acceptance allowed him to get over on
>Women of all backgrounds and plus he never went to nobody's
>court. my uncle use to work in hollywood and cosby did dirt
>and got a pass like he was almost white.
>
>R.Kelly got his demons and he has to deal things head on and
>he didn't get no pass.
>
>Cosby while one of the Greatest entertainers ever and a ground
>breaker, got covered up big time
12946701, he's painfully dumb
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 04:07 PM
aside from being a horrible human being
12946706, that Chick Sucks she don't even have the Qualifications
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:12 PM
to interview.
12946736, I have zero doubt you would R Kelly piss in your mouth if he wanted
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 04:35 PM
like, zero.

12946739, it would be better in your mother's mouth
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:36 PM
and i heard your mother likes it with a straw that loops down her guts.
12946740, so i'll take that as a yes
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 04:38 PM
12946746, a big time no fool, I love his Music and always will
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:42 PM
and i feel he is extremely talented as a Artist period. King of R&B.

however on the personal side i don't condone his actions,however he was found not guilty in a court of law and nothing has happen or been said since he was found not guilty in 08 and i say its time for folks to move on and let it go.

you can Champion somebody's music without being all into them.

i seperate the Art from the person, always have and always will.

I like Chris Brown's "Zero" and Fine like China" was a bumping cut,but i don't get down with the stuff he be doing.
12946751, so, yes?
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 04:45 PM
12946793, no fool
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 05:17 PM
tell your momma to get a shine box
12946797, :( you're no real fan
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 05:20 PM
12946951, This was the best exchange I've seen in months.
Posted by Brew, Mon Dec-21-15 10:13 PM
Thanks guys.
12946711, and there are niggas defending him
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Dec-21-15 04:15 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
12946728, exactly...niggas
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:28 PM
12947183, LOTS of them. just like Cosby
Posted by astralblak, Tue Dec-22-15 12:01 PM
12946719, He tried to filibuster a live interview. What a clown.
Posted by Case_One, Mon Dec-21-15 04:22 PM
12946741, he wasn't feeling on her busts he just wanted to stick
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 04:38 PM
to the script and trick went personal
12946745, HE WENT PERSONAL WHEN HE SEXUALLY ABUSED CHILDREN
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:42 PM
>to the script and trick went personal
12946762, don't want tough questions, don't pee on children
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 04:50 PM
most of us can manage to not do that.
12946768, AS IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW A PEDOPHILE'S CREATIVE PROCESS FOR SEX SONGS
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 04:53 PM
>most of us can manage to not do that.
12946782, RE: He tried to filibuster a live interview. What a clown.
Posted by Tiggerific, Mon Dec-21-15 05:07 PM
Agreed. She asked him about his lyrics and he said he came to talk about music.

Idiot, the lyrics are apart of the music!!!!

12946839, To be halfway fair, he KNEW where she was going though.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Dec-21-15 06:28 PM
She wasn't asking about the lyrics on "Happy people!"
12948606, Yeah, ppl are being disingenuous with the "it's just a lyrics ?" stuff
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Dec-25-15 11:27 AM
12946944, He's a Clown Buffet
Posted by Case_One, Mon Dec-21-15 09:27 PM

12946774, RE: R. Kelly on Huff Post Live = TRAIN WRECK (Link)
Posted by Tiggerific, Mon Dec-21-15 04:58 PM
OMG!!!! Why did I listen to this mess?!!!!

I don't know why he thinks there are people who don't listen to him.

Who would pay money for his concerts, to see him just to heckle him?!!!! I wouldn't go buy a record, or go to a concert?!

12946780, R Kelly Is A Coward (swipe)
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:03 PM
http://verysmartbrothas.com/r-kelly-is-a-coward/

Last week, I was asked by HuffPo Live to appear with three other people on a segment about the moral quandary of supporting an artist or an athlete with an unsavory past. The half hour-long conversation was supposed to touch on a few different instances of this happening in pop culture, but ended up focusing solely on R. Kelly. While it was structured in a way to place people against R. Kelly and people for R. Kelly in the same conversation, at this point, the pro R-uh argument is so weak that the “opposing sides” lasted for maybe four minutes. The rest of the time was spent with the anti camp pointing out the absurdity of things like R. Kelly calling himself the Pied Piper, and the pro camp basically saying “Yeah, I guess you all are right. I should probably stop stepping in the name of love too.”

Whenever I write about R. Kelly, most people — well, most people who read and respond to what I write — agree with what I’m saying. But, invariably, there are always a few who question my intent. They don’t even bother challenging what I’m saying. Instead, they ask why I’m even saying what I’m saying; with the implication being “Why are you hating on this man?” And, on some level, I get it. There’s nothing I can say at this point that would have a tangible effect on the lives of those sexually assaulted by him. Nor is there anything I can say that will make him face some sort of legal justice. That ship seems to have sailed, anyway.

Anyway, to answer that question, I write about R. Kelly so people will continue to have those types of conversations — and, hopefully, eventual epiphanies — about him. So people who continue to support him financially and creatively are fully aware of who they’re supporting and what that support means. So that, if you are one of these people, you have to admit and accept that you value the pleasure you receive from listening to his music more than you care about divesting support from a person who’s been accused of multiple sex crimes against multiple young Black girls. And, I’d even go as far to say that today, in 2015, R. Kelly is a proxy. The current criticisms of him are more directed towards his fans and the type of mindset that excuses, willfully ignores, and even supports this type of criminality. We talk and write about R. Kelly today to help prevent more R. Kelly’s from existing tomorrow.

Also, if you happen to still be an R. Kelly supporter and you happen to be reading this, you should also be aware that your savior is a fucking coward too. This, his pervasive cowardice, is as essential to R. Kelly’s persona as anything else. It’s just as much a part of him as “I Believe I Can Fly” is. Only a coward would intentionally stalk, lure, and sexually assault the people in his community with the least amount of power and status. Only a coward would choose those who need the most protection as his prey. Only a coward would, for years (decades!), refuse to even acknowledge any of these allegations in a meaningful way. Or offer any type of contrition. Because that would take some guts. Cowards don’t have guts. And so it’s fitting that R. Kelly, that singing-ass coward from Chicago, would walk off the set of the HuffPost Live today when faced with difficult questions during an interview he agreed to do.
Because, again, that’s who R. Kelly is. Prolific and influential musician. Rapist. And coward.
And that’s who you are supporting.
12946821, ^ it's all true.
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Dec-21-15 05:44 PM
I paid to see the man in concert at a festival a few years ago. He rocked it. But looking back I'm not comfortable with having paid that money and I wouldn't do it again today. I've had one of those 'epiphanies'. Again bc I'd decided I was done with giving Kellz money back when that video came out. That ticket was the first money or spent on Kellz since I paid for a copy of The Chocolate Factory. But since then I came back around.
12946781, this nigga has to stop with the interviews man
Posted by illEskoBar221, Mon Dec-21-15 05:04 PM
His pr team fails him on a regular basis

did they have #askrkelly twitter fest with him
last year? lol

maaaaaaan

12946794, Wait..he wasn't tried for rape..only child porn?
Posted by revolution75, Mon Dec-21-15 05:18 PM
I forgot about this article until today

http://www.villagevoice.com/music/read-the-stomach-churning-sexual-assault-accusations-against-r-kelly-in-full-6637412
12946801, That's what his DUMBASS GETS for doing a
Posted by MME, Mon Dec-21-15 05:21 PM
Live social media interview. What the fuck did he think was going to happen?

And I do mean DUMB. No wonder Maxx likes him
12946805, A PEDOPHILE THOUGHT HIS FAME WOULD COVER HIM
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:25 PM
>Live social media interview. What the fuck did he think was
>going to happen?
>
>And I do mean DUMB. No wonder Maxx likes him
12946806, we get it, enough wit the caps bruh
Posted by Big Kuntry, Mon Dec-21-15 05:27 PM
12946809, did you snitch on kwesi again?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:29 PM
>
12946818, How did R.Kelly think the interview would go?
Posted by Kira, Mon Dec-21-15 05:36 PM
His team should've framed the interview around questions only referencing this upcoming album.

FWIW, the interviewer was quite nice to Kelly as anyone else would've gone in off rip. Huffington Post did everything in their power to make this interview a success but R. Kelly thinks this is the 90's.

I can't see Kelly the same after those allegations. He's an R&B legend but he's not the same after the allegations and clearly refuses to respond to these allegations. It's messed up that R.Kelly did not change in anyway after these incidents as far as public perception goes.
12946819, RE: How did R.Kelly think the interview would go?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 05:38 PM
>His team should've framed the interview around questions only
>referencing this upcoming album.
>
>FWIW, the interviewer was quite nice to Kelly as anyone else
>would've gone in off rip. Huffington Post did everything in
>their power to make this interview a success but R. Kelly
>thinks this is the 90's.
>
>I can't see Kelly the same after those allegations. He's an
>R&B legend but he's not the same after the allegations and
>clearly refuses to respond to these allegations. It's messed
>up that R.Kelly did not change in anyway after these incidents
>as far as public perception goes.

because he CANT change
12946823, She probably don't even have a passport
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 05:58 PM
i don't blame R.Kelly she was unprofessional and was out of place.

her papers need to be checked
12946826, C'MON...............................
Posted by Kira, Mon Dec-21-15 06:02 PM
>RE: She probably don't even have a passport
>i don't blame R.Kelly she was unprofessional and was out of
>place.
>
>her papers need to be checked

Your statements are over the line and uncalled for.
12946830, ban her from America
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:07 PM
she ain't legal and i couldn't understand all she was saying.

and i don't blame Kellz. he was classy about it, i would have asked to see her papers and tell her to speak in english and Proper.
12948325, She was the picture of politeness, you birdbrain
Posted by MME, Thu Dec-24-15 06:22 AM
>she ain't legal and i couldn't understand all she was
>saying.

You can't understand what ANYONE says.

12948427, she sucked and was trying to make a name for herself
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-24-15 11:59 AM
had she been legit she might have gotten a part in trapped in the closet the new episodes the foreign exchange with a Accent Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent,
12948544, Your idiocy astounds me
Posted by MME, Thu Dec-24-15 07:49 PM
>had she been legit she might have gotten a part in trapped
>in the closet the new episodes the foreign exchange with a
>Accent Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent, Accent,
12948700, what does that word mean?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 04:32 AM
its a big word and i don't understand it all. did it just come onto the dictoinary or something?
12948906, Admitting you don't know big words
Posted by MME, Sun Dec-27-15 07:20 PM
Is nothing to be proud of.
12948929, i keept it real
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 09:39 PM
don't need no big words beyond 4 letters.

12946836, RE: C'MON...............................
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 06:12 PM
>>RE: She probably don't even have a passport
>>i don't blame R.Kelly she was unprofessional and was out of
>>place.
>>
>>her papers need to be checked
>
>Your statements are over the line and uncalled for.

Par for the course with Maxx......
12946964, RE: C'MON...............................
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:38 PM
she has no business working in the united states without proof of a green card. i ain't buying she is legal and she can tell her i said so and quote me
12946828, lmao
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 06:04 PM
12946833, ya'll know SHe is Illegal and don't even know how to Step
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 06:09 PM
she ain't no papers to be working in America. she can't even talk.
12946840, YOU Step TO A PEDOPHILES TUNE
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 06:32 PM
>she ain't no papers to be working in America. she can't even
>talk.
12946977, Everything is funny in this reply.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Dec-22-15 12:00 AM
I am fucking crying what the fuck is your issue man I feel like im watching a robot malfunction
12946984, i literally LOL'd at this
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-22-15 01:16 AM
>I am fucking crying what the fuck is your issue man I feel
>like im watching a robot malfunction
12946829, Lol this dude HURT
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Dec-21-15 06:06 PM
12946843, Think you mean a green card lmao
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Dec-21-15 06:36 PM
Goddmamn you REALLLLLY love that ehebephile man

Jesus
12946835, I mean, hey, fuck him. But at the same time..
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 06:11 PM
I ain't gonna sit on a high horse and act like I still don't enjoy some of his music that I came up on from time to time.

It is what it is. Can't erase that.
12946845, Somebody's auntie gonna be two steppin Friday to Happy People
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Dec-21-15 06:36 PM
And alla us still gonna sing along to "My mind's telling me noooooooooooooooooooo"
12946848, all the while sweeping child abuse under the rug...smh
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 06:44 PM
>And alla us still gonna sing along to "My mind's telling me
>noooooooooooooooooooo"
12946851, the court system did that.
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 06:49 PM
12946853, so that means we should follow suit?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 06:50 PM
>
12946855, me nodding my head to When A Woman's fed up doesn't affect his freedom...
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 06:53 PM
one way or the other.

It may make others feel righteous to speak on how much hatred they have for him on Twitter, but I'm not impressed.
12946863, it affects his warped ass mentality
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 07:04 PM
the one that says he did nothing wrong in his head and the one that makes him think ppl should stop talking about that
12946900, but it makes him feel everything was okay to do..smh.
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:01 PM
>one way or the other.
>
>It may make others feel righteous to speak on how much hatred
>they have for him on Twitter, but I'm not impressed.
12946902, he would feel that way regardless without being put in jail for it.
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 08:02 PM
12946910, he wouldnt if yall ding dongs wouldnt invite, sing, nod, to his shit
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:12 PM
>
12946913, you do realize he can't actually *see* me nodding...right?
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 08:14 PM
Maybe you need to understand that I've never been to his concert.

Maybe you need to understand that I'm not buying his albums.

But either way, your issues are with the courts. Talk to a judge.
12946916, lol...you know what I mean. Dont play dumb about this.
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:19 PM
>Maybe you need to understand that I've never been to his
>concert.
>
>Maybe you need to understand that I'm not buying his albums.
>
>But either way, your issues are with the courts. Talk to a
>judge.

No. The issue involves YOU who acquiesce to him and his ways just because the song has "a good beat and it's easy to dance/nod ya head to" and what that entails
12946925, turkey all high and mighty and if we held everything
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:34 PM
about most of these artists personal against them well that eliminates about 80$ of your music collection.

ain't no saints in the music business and folks got way more heat going down than R.Kelly and that is all i will say.

i don't condone his behavior,but musically I defend his talents.seperate the two period.
12946926, you gat damn right Im high and mighty regarding sex offenders
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:36 PM
and you gat damn right Im high and mighty in attitude when it comes to sex offenders and the people who love them

>about most of these artists personal against them well that
>eliminates about 80$ of your music collection.
>
>ain't no saints in the music business and folks got way more
>heat going down than R.Kelly and that is all i will say.
>
>i don't condone his behavior,but musically I defend his
>talents.seperate the two period.
12946954, So is your position that if people stop listening to his music...
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 10:38 PM
he will turn himself in or something?
12946965, that Turkey loves Prince and folks know his History
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:40 PM
nuff said there.
12946967, what History is that?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 11:42 PM
>nuff said there.
12946971, that turkey loves them Young
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:53 PM
everybody knows his history. it ain't no secret.
12946974, at least they were all legal
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 11:58 PM
>everybody knows his history. it ain't no secret.
12946990, Mayte was his Precilla to His Elvis
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 02:22 AM
and the connection of a turkey getting gurdianship. that turkey was chasing them young. ask Carmen Electria and that Ann Garcia who was the inspiration for "VIcky waiting"?? Purple Pimping them young.

Prince was slick with it and nobody cared. that turkey was pushing past 30 chasing them chicks who were 16 and 17.
12947090, RE: Mayte was his Precilla to His Elvis
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 10:41 AM
>and the connection of a turkey getting gurdianship. that
>turkey was chasing them young. ask Carmen Electria and that
>Ann Garcia who was the inspiration for "VIcky waiting"??
>Purple Pimping them young.
>
>Prince was slick with it and nobody cared. that turkey was
>pushing past 30 chasing them chicks who were 16 and 17.

Kells liked 12 to 14 year olds.....

Again...Perspective.....
12947196, underage is underage period
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:14 PM
you gonna hold one cat to a standard than hold the others and stop politicin
12947224, 1. MN age of consent = 16.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:33 PM
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/minnesota-age-of-consent-lawyers.html

so since you use Kellz's acquittal as proof of his innocence - Prince wasn't charged w/a crime under Minnesota law just b/c he had a relationship w/Anna Garcia (not Mayte) beginning when she was either 17 or 18. as opposed to Kellz who was arrested and charged w/a crime for video recording a sex act w/a girl when she was under the age of consent in Illinois.

2. 'Vicki Waiting' and 'Pink Cashmere' were gifts presented to Anna on her EIGHTEENTH (18th) BIRTHDAY. keyword: eighteenth. (http://www.princevault.com/index.php/Vicki_Waiting)

12947229, he chased a teen age pre graduate Carmen Electria
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:36 PM
trips me out the Purple Police coming out of the wood works.

Mayte folks pimped that chick on Prince. told you that turkey got his Elvis on and you do know how much Prince did love him some Elvis right?

12947234, Carmen was born in 1972. she met Prince in 1991.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:39 PM
*shrugs*
12947285, RE: Carmen was born in 1972. she met Prince in 1991.
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 01:32 PM

Shhhhh....stop giving facts....
12947536, ain't what she said as he called her
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 01:27 AM
when she was still a senior in high school in cinncinatti Ohio. take that jive turkey
12947565, Carmen was born in 1972. she graduated high school in 1990.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Dec-23-15 07:30 AM
when she was EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.

12947346, Prince didnt have sex with anyone under 18. R Kelly DID
Posted by rdhull, Tue Dec-22-15 03:00 PM
Nobnody is politiking but you

everyone is stating facts except you

your hero is a child molester...

>you gonna hold one cat to a standard than hold the others and
>stop politicin
12947539, and you know this how?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 01:34 AM
based on hearsay. turkey you would be surprised at how things really go down in the industry.prince chased them young period.
12947570, Prince told us.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Dec-23-15 08:02 AM
http://videos.sapo.cv/FyGtus7ia9ysIcpGqApN

We don't need rumors from your uncle who was a maintenance man at Radioscope. We have the statement from Prince - he likes 'em 18 and over.
12947846, dress it up however you want and like
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 12:09 PM
but a cat was pushing 30 chasing teenage girls period. and its a known fact. FYI my uncle use to work on Soul train and he saw and heard much. stuff that would make Prince's wig fall into place.

bottom line Prince was chasing them teenage girls no matter how you dress it up.

nobody paid him no mind though because he is hardly seen as a threat
12947852, he wasn't a threat b/c he was after 18 year olds.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Dec-23-15 12:13 PM
so yes he wasn't seen as a threat to children.

i agree.

12948303, he wasn't a threat because he ain't a scary Brother
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-24-15 12:08 AM
you entitle to think what you want, but this cat was 3 plus chasing teenage chicks and they were before 18
12948591, Plus he didn't bang children.
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Dec-25-15 02:59 AM
12948629, 30 plus year old cat having teenage girls around
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Dec-25-15 02:00 PM
and waiting on one to turn 18 as if that turkey back in his prime and peak couldn't have had his share of what he wanted?

and its more than two.

like i said if you gonna pick on one than get at others.

purple glasses on always cover things to suit said realitys.
12948652, He didn't have sex with children.
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Dec-25-15 04:38 PM
*shrugs*
12948684, you know this for sure?
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 12:21 AM
what do you know for sure?

12948692, I know for sure that Prince ain't fucked no kids.
Posted by SoWhat, Sat Dec-26-15 01:39 AM
12948696, the fact that the turkey had girls wating on standby
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 04:21 AM
until legal is suspect and again i ain't trying to start nothing, however i get tired of purple flakes acting like Prince ain't had them young around him and even if he is waiting until,it still is really no different because it says somebody is waiting on said person and meanwhile he had access to chicks real grown and his age and older all ready to go.
bottom line if you gonna shade R.kelly, than Shade Prince,Ike Turner,Marvin Gaye, Jimmy Page, Elvis Presley,Bobby Womack,Frankie Valli,Jerry Lee Lewis,Chuck Berry.
12948779, I would shade Prince if I knew he fucked kids. But he didn't.
Posted by SoWhat, Sat Dec-26-15 07:36 PM
So I dont.
12948872, actually he did
Posted by GirlChild, Sun Dec-27-15 02:32 PM
mayte even admits that she met him when she was 16/17. she was on that terrible hollywood ex's show. her mom introduced her to prince and was trying to get that romance going. even if it is legal, would you really want your teenager fucking a grown ass man? i still question that.
12948902, *shrugs*
Posted by SoWhat, Sun Dec-27-15 06:52 PM
She was 17 when they met.
12948930, told you how Prince got down and also with Carmen Electria
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 09:46 PM
and that vicky waiting chick. he met them all at the same age and yeah he waited however you gonna act like a cat internationally known at age 30 running down these chicks doesn't fall into a certain line?

and again its only brought up because alot of Male Entertainers from way back when to now have done it. Shrug on that for a minute.
12949728, RE: actually he did
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 08:21 AM
Let's not be silly....Having sex with a 13 year old (which is what Kellz did, BTW) is viewed a lot differently than a 17 year old....There are states in the US where 17 is the legal age of consent....Prince was def. a horn dog.....But he was smart enough to never cross that line...

Having sex with a 13 year old is chester molester territory (one of the girls Kellz allegedly had sex with was TWELVE GOING ON 13...)...

Also, the issue with Kellz isn't just he had sex with ONE underage girl...Dude was having sex with more than 10 underage girls ranging from 12/13 to 15....

It ain't the same thing...If u think it is, u doing too much....
12946966, did you see Star Wars yet?
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 11:41 PM
>he will turn himself in or something?
12946864, He was tried for child porn..not rape
Posted by revolution75, Mon Dec-21-15 07:05 PM
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/read-the-stomach-churning-sexual-assault-accusations-against-r-kelly-in-full-6637412
12946870, k.
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 07:11 PM
12946905, oh, that's sooo much better
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:03 PM
>http://www.villagevoice.com/music/read-the-stomach-churning-sexual-assault-accusations-against-r-kelly-in-full-6637412
12946861, and this is why he acted surprised someone brought his bs up
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 07:02 PM
not attacking or judging u but for those in this post confused as to why he would think questions about his crimes wouldnt come up, this is exactly why...ppl still love and consume his music and shrug about the other shit ("not my daughter....")

everytime i hear r kelly anything i think about the disgusting things he did to pre teen girls, and so i dont listen to his music or consume it...at all, wish more ppl were like me so he would fucking get it
12946868, Do you think about Marvin Gaye sleeping with his wife's little sister?
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-21-15 07:08 PM
How about David Ruffin beating on women.

How about Miles Davis beating on women.

How about Michael Jackson laying in bed with children.

You don't because there's no tape.

But whether you want to admit or not you likely conveniently separate art from artist all the time. We all pick and choose.

R. Kelly just makes it easier to call out because he continues to sing about sex. Did I buy Black Panties? No. Did I buy this new one? No. Does some of the music make me cringe? Yes.

But again, I ain't gonna front as if I've completely disowned all his music.

Yes, I can still listen to Toni Braxton's "I Don't Want To" with no issue.

Sue me.
12946871, huge marvin gaye fan and i support him and seperate the art from the man
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:11 PM
also with tons more.

Chris Brown got a couple of bangers.i like a couple of his cuts despite vocally he is weak.

but yeah alot of artists got Ish,but we still pick
and choose what we want and will period.
12946880, RE: Do you think about Marvin Gaye sleeping with his wife's little sister?
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 07:21 PM

>You don't because there's no tape.

This ^^^^ is the only thing that matters actually...

For a lot of folks the tape is too damning to ignore...We all know if there was actual tape of MJ performing sexual acts on kids he would get wacked as well...

12946890, miss me with that, Rob Lowe had a video tape and it didn't hurt him
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:32 PM
that cracker was with a 16 year old on video,

everybody knew about Marvin and Jan and it was pushed on him

everybody saw Elvis and Precilla and Elvis was her legal guardian and her parents gave her to Elvis. he brought her from Germany.

ain't nothing new.

Michael Jackson was only guilty of association, these Devils hated on his power and were setting him for anything. the Man Owned the 80's musically He is the King of Music and he was gonna drop much more drank on the evils of hollywood.

folks blow things out what they want.

ask yourself why Janet Jackson caught more hate and still does than Justin Timberfake?? Janet should have been in the Rock and ROll Hall of fame years ago.
12946894, RE: miss me with that, Rob Lowe had a video tape and it didn't hurt him
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-21-15 07:47 PM
>that cracker was with a 16 year old on video,

Again...It's all about eras...

An actor /singer/entertainer in the 60s/70/s/80s having sex with 16-17 year olds did not destroy careers....

But within THIS world of social media? Shit moves very fast...U can't spin anymore...The Twitter police will come out and go after u with both barrels....

And also, let's be clear....Kelly was having sex with more than 1 or two underage girls...For over a decade dude was having sex with close to 10 different girls not including Aaliyah...And most of those girls was under the age of 15...Several were 13. And one was 12, turning 13....

Trust me....If Kelly was doing this shit in the 70s like Marvin it would just be music folklore....But that video footage in the age of social media, his lengthy list of little girls he molested AAAAAAAAND the fact that 90 percent of his songs is about fucking in less than romantic terms = TROUBLE....

As a Kellz fan u just have to deal with the fallout of admitting that u still support dude...It's that simple...

12946898, RE: miss me with that, Rob Lowe had a video tape and it didn't hurt him
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:00 PM
a few things 90$ ain't about sex

also fall out from back in the day or issues still plague Bobby Womack deal with it.

Al Green and the Hot Grits still is there. ain't no folklure when its real and it sticks.

like i said I dig the dude Musically and he is the best going, but i seperate the art from the man
and I don't condone his choices.

but that goes for other acts.

social media ain't hurt the cat because file sharing was alive and well in 99 and albums were streamed free including his bootleg Loveland album and also social media was in over the past 7-8 years

and he still put out platinum and gold albums, made his music and toured.

nothing has stopped his longevity. he stays making music, touring
and being productive.

i remember when Dr Dre said on MTV if things proved true then it might be the end of his career and Dre said back in 02 and we still talking about Kellz 13 almost 14 years later.

so musically he doing something right.
12946958, im hit or miss with it but i see ur point. i just cant support kelly
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Mon Dec-21-15 11:04 PM
at all. but i need to do better about the others listed, well the living ones
12947334, This.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Tue Dec-22-15 02:49 PM
>not attacking or judging u but for those in this post
>confused as to why he would think questions about his crimes
>wouldnt come up, this is exactly why...ppl still love and
>consume his music and shrug about the other shit ("not my
>daughter....")
>
>everytime i hear r kelly anything i think about the disgusting
>things he did to pre teen girls, and so i dont listen to his
>music or consume it...at all, wish more ppl were like me so he
>would fucking get it
12946876, Imagine if 40k real Kellz fans signed a petition
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Dec-21-15 07:17 PM
saying they were having trouble reconciling his previous offenses with his current music. Do you think he would...

Asked because he said something to the affect of if 40k fans were at a show talking negative he wouldn't play there or something like that. It was a very non statement. But just wondering if that's his magic number. 40k fans.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."
12946885, Michael Jordan is a fan and he had Kellz sing personally
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 07:25 PM
at his Birthday party so take it how you will
12946903, so what..fuck him too then..and your crazy assed rationalizations
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:03 PM
>at his Birthday party so take it how you will
12946921, stop lying jive turkey,if Michael Jordan and you met
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:24 PM
you would have more teeth grinning eat his and yours corn on the cobb.

some dumb no having paper work wanna be interviewer with no history of the man's music trying to make a name for herself.

she will be lucky not to be deported. trick is a mess
12946922, wrong, you pedophile sympathizer
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:27 PM
I would question his actions about that

I could give a fuck about his stature and you can bet on that

>you would have more teeth grinning eat his and yours corn on
>the cobb.
>
>some dumb no having paper work wanna be interviewer with no
>history of the man's music trying to make a name for herself.
>
>she will be lucky not to be deported. trick is a mess
12946908, he'd have to expect that coming up ...like forever....lol...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Dec-21-15 08:09 PM
I mean it would be crazy for him to think that everyone who interviews him is going to just ignore the underage elephant in the room.... He's either going to have to figure out a safe standard answer, or just do less interviews...

and I don't see how the controversy wouldn't impact his record sales...

but it could be worse...he probably should be in jail....

he was always been a cornball to me really....

so he didn't have to pee on any underaged girls for me not to fukk with him...lol...

as long as he's doing stuff like lip syncing a duet on the Grammys with Lady Gaga while she was singing live... I'll never have to worry about having his controversial past impact whether I like him as an artist...lol
12946912, and it will..from all legitimate worthy sources
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:14 PM
12946917, but like clock work you emerge from the grave like Blackula
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 08:21 PM
and still grooving to never was bums
whom would give their left pinky for a tenth of ARRUH's talents.

Lip Synching is common however have you ever heard Kellz do the national Anthem?

and lets be real if it wasn't for his personal demons on here, he would own the lesson and GD as the baddest and most important Music Figure since Michael Jackson and Stevie wonder's hey day.

don't even get it twisted,,from a musical stand point them bums you like can't carry R.Kelly's Midget actor from the trapped in the closet movies,

and Lady Gaga is a big fan. she wouldn't know Van Hunt from Von Hayes, ya dig?

D'mumblo still struggling and juggling at being a R&B after school special act.

and Blial aka Pooty tang is a never was but a good strong voice.

just can't write a song to save his life.

its cool i knew you would arrive like Deacon Frye. AMEN!
12946919, you find empathy with a child molester..says a lot about your character
Posted by rdhull, Mon Dec-21-15 08:23 PM
>and still grooving to never was bums
>whom would give their left pinky for a tenth of ARRUH's
>talents.
>
>Lip Synching is common however have you ever heard Kellz do
>the national Anthem?
>
>and lets be real if it wasn't for his personal demons on here,
>he would own the lesson and GD as the baddest and most
>important Music Figure since Michael Jackson and Stevie
>wonder's hey day.
>
>don't even get it twisted,,from a musical stand point them
>bums you like can't carry R.Kelly's Midget actor from the
>trapped in the closet movies,
>
>and Lady Gaga is a big fan. she wouldn't know Van Hunt from
>Von Hayes, ya dig?
>
>D'mumblo still struggling and juggling at being a R&B after
>school special act.
>
>and Blial aka Pooty tang is a never was but a good strong
>voice.
>
>just can't write a song to save his life.
>
>its cool i knew you would arrive like Deacon Frye. AMEN!
12946956, pretty sure neither Bilal nor D'Angelo would trade places
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Dec-21-15 10:49 PM
with R.Kelly..

pretty certain of that...

R.Kelly is done.... lagging record sales....people just ain't fukkin with him like they used to...

D'Angelo getting grammy nominations....doing successful tours....making a real impact.... R. Kells is looking desperate and pitiful doing press trying to salvage his failing career and getting his feelings hurt...

12946970, i know you didn't trying to act like those turkeys wouldn't trade places
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:51 PM
Kellz just wrote a beat of a cut on Spike Lee's "ChiRaq" film period.

do your homework before your bury your feet and Head deep in.

D'Mumblo ain't putting nothing new out. over a decade of choking
and sounding like Lounge act back in 1986 is really where it is at?

Blial? he ain't even on the Dial. a good singer who makes Broke left over Terrent Trent D'arby funny farm muzak give me a break.

who Ghost writes that stuff you come up with? I ain't Afakp/Ofero I got Heat
and exhanges for days.

and yeah Kellz ain't selling like he use to, however he still has Media attention. D'angelo can't even get an Interview with Nick Cannon,

they would love to have an Established Legit Legends Career,

big deal a turkey got a token grammy nomination nobody cares about Mumblo. he just a oldies but no goodies act.

if you stepped to me bragging about Babyface's new album then i would say cool,but you bringing up some dead weight liteweight jive turkeys who are never was and don't count.
12946987, kells is finished maxx..
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Dec-22-15 01:25 AM
if that makes ya mad..you just gonna be a mad mofo..

Kells is done...
12946991, done? and you support never was.
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 02:25 AM
you tripping Kellz got a catelog and them jive turkeys you like got 50 lines on a blackboard saying

I Will Learn how to Write a Money cut before I die.

ask Charlie Wilson if Kellz is done?

12947947, D'Angelo has one of the best albums of the decade out. Rapist Kelly BOMBED
Posted by justin_scott, Wed Dec-23-15 01:30 PM
And he's done.
12948304, D'angelo ain't got a best of nothing
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-24-15 12:10 AM
another drug infested mumbling jam session of vegas loung mid 80's jams. wow what greatness that is on display there? if that turkey ever opens his mouth and get a pen
and somebody who can produce and write something meaty on him then he might have be on to something
12948861, the BEST R&B/Soul album in a decade
Posted by justin_scott, Sun Dec-27-15 01:47 PM
12948932, Mumblo ain't seeing No R.Kelly "Love Letter"
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 09:50 PM
if D'angelo had a love letter album then he would the Black version of Adelle. believe that.
12946938, Robert S. Kelly...
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Dec-21-15 09:08 PM
aka Ole Piss
aka Master Piss
aka Der Pißmeister
aka The Pied Pisser
aka The Piss Is Digital
aka BANG!!!! It's Me, It's Me... D-P-P!!
aka Mello Yello
aka No Grass On The Field
aka "18 and Over, 16 and Under"
aka Young Cosby
aka White Econoline
aka Rock N Roll McPedobear
aka Mister Sparkle
aka Trapped In The Water Closet
aka Sailor Urinous
aka The Flatulent Bubbles In The Rivers of Rhythm and Blues

...ain't NEVER in his natural BLACK ASS life, created the kind of art that warrants the level of fandom that defends this public display of buffoonery. Ever. GOT DAMMIT!
12946972, RE: Robert S. Kelly...
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:56 PM
i'm glad he gets to you because if you can't him that much especially on a personal level then why you go at it like that?

well you have to go at him personally because Musically he destroys most of the wack acts you like.

and that is the truth. because without his personal life turkeys would be silent because they know he is the truth musically.
12946995, Hahaha
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Tue Dec-22-15 03:09 AM
thanks for the laugh
12948535, ^^^^WHITE ECONOLINE HAHAHAHA OH SHIT
Posted by Garhart Poppwell, Thu Dec-24-15 06:53 PM
12946953, Watching this now on
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Dec-21-15 10:29 PM
on high definition on my TV via Roku.

About a minute in and the ascot and shades are really throwing me off.
12946955, Boy oh boy did Kells blow this.
Posted by Numba_33, Mon Dec-21-15 10:46 PM
The interviewer did a great job somewhat softening the blow with the pointed questions and Kells made the situation so much worse getting so defensive.
12946975, that non speaking Chick is a bad joke and she don't even have a passport
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:58 PM
she needs to show respect to Musical Royalty. she needs to stick to his artistry. she is a joke and she should be deported.
12946969, R Kelly is hilarious! Made sure she couldn't get a word in.
Posted by 81 DUN, Mon Dec-21-15 11:48 PM
12946976, thats right he pimped that chick
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-21-15 11:59 PM
and she should have sat back and listen. nobody paid to hear her weak questions.
12946973, that girl should get fired.Learn how to deliver short but stinging response
Posted by 81 DUN, Mon Dec-21-15 11:57 PM
He woulda walked out if I gave the interview. You woulda heard golden shower, once ate a teens ass like puppy chow.
12946982, ^^^this dude just out-wierdo'd maxxx
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-22-15 12:58 AM
>He woulda walked out if I gave the interview. You woulda
>heard golden shower, once ate a teens ass like puppy chow.
12946985, RE: ^^^this bitch new name is Bridget. Yes hoe I changed ur name.
Posted by 81 DUN, Tue Dec-22-15 01:22 AM
12946989, Safe to assume you too would let 'Aruhh' pee in your mouth?
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-22-15 01:39 AM
Yes?
12946992, not only is her english bad,but she can't even hold a lap top correct
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 02:28 AM
Kellz told her she smelling good and that chicken head was like i don't a compliment sir. you can tell she was stuck up and had no sense of feeling or rhythm. she ain't been around no Brothers either.

she need some thug in her life.
12947021, RE: that girl should get fired.Learn how to deliver short but stinging response
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 08:42 AM

Dog....u not serious, right?
12947200, She did suck
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:16 PM
most folks agreed there.
12947222, Lol no one agreed except you and this other creepy fucker up there
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-22-15 12:33 PM
>most folks agreed there.
12947190, not funny and you're a degenerate
Posted by astralblak, Tue Dec-22-15 12:09 PM
12947527, Ol girl lost control of the interview. They're decent ways to ask questions.
Posted by 81 DUN, Tue Dec-22-15 11:20 PM
You already know R don't want no part of that. Felt like I was watching Fox News. R needs to get some class too but they baited R wanted to smear him and he wasn't able to keep a cool composure
12948022, Lol you're upset because she asked the guy who urinates on children
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Dec-23-15 02:26 PM
about how he feels about some people still having issue with that sort of thing.

and your response is some creepy take on a chris rock joke about how you want to sexually assult her.. or some teenager.. or piss on her. or whatever the fuck that was

"more pee! MY pee!"

You fucking weirdo

12948317, You're really on the attack.
Posted by 81 DUN, Thu Dec-24-15 01:56 AM
No ones mad, she wasn't that great of an interviewer that's all. I made a joke that didn't go well we've all done that before. I thought my last response was pretty neutral.
12948323, RE: You're really on the attack.
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 05:30 AM
>No ones mad, she wasn't that great of an interviewer that's
>all. I made a joke that didn't go well we've all done that
>before. I thought my last response was pretty neutral.

lol...uh huh...
12946980, *hands memo to R. Kelly Supporter(s)*
Posted by Kira, Tue Dec-22-15 12:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNGC6tXnbM

*drops mic*
12946988, Damn this interview was a hit smh. #teammaxxx #teamkells
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-22-15 01:26 AM
12946993, cues up Marching Band
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 02:33 AM
keep the party going.
12947192, what's wrong with you
Posted by astralblak, Tue Dec-22-15 12:11 PM
12946998, So nobody on OKP feels this way, and barely anyone
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Dec-22-15 03:44 AM
is bold enough to really say it on Twitter, but I have heard a few too many people out there talk about how this was all "normal" and nothing shocking to them, mainly because "that's just how it was in High School."

I was talking to a chick today who's 30 and from Chicago, and said she had friends at the HS down the street where Kellz used to prey on girls. And to her, she says "I never cared that he fucked those girls...all of my homegirls in High School had older boyfriends, the fuck could a nigga in HS do for us? I needed a ride home!" She said she had 22-24 year old boyfriends before she hit 18.

So my question is..was this shit really that damn common? Was it truly a Chicago thing to be at this level, or was it like this in every major city? Along with this, I've also heard a few folks speak with the tone of "those young girls be chasing the older guys! They throw it at them!" Basically blaming the girls for it al...and that's some scary shit.

12947001, allow me to enlighten you, this is only big because Kellz
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 04:02 AM
is a world Famous R&B Superstar. in the Hood this ain't nothing at all.

back in the day when i was in school we talking mid to late 80's them Chickens on the Cheese Bus/new improved stack bus
were plotting which older cat they were macking on for rides,etc..

chicks when i was going to school was 16 messing with cats who were 25-40 and no shame and everybody knew.

these chicks would look at High school cats like they were Gary Coleman and you were never gonna step up
and get at them unless you had wheels, credit
and a Job.

you be sitting on that bus and all happy to have some loot
and a happy meal coupon
and a strong bus pass and new kicks
and this chick is beyond you
and she stomps all over your semi puffed out chest
and says that this cat got a ride,got a apartment
and good credit. you barely got your first busing tables gig
and these chicks done made you look like a no nothing
and they ain't trying to hear about no lay away
when ole boy can take them out.

it was like that all my life coming along. despite Kellz being the baddest act,I ain't condoning what he has done, however it was common around my way and nobody thought twice.

them fast girls would hollar they want experience not some young green buck wet behind the ears who needs a how to for dummys manuel.

Hood rats got turned out way back and it depends on where you grew up and saw this.

put it like this if R.Kelly was just a hood cat it never would have been a deal at all. Hood life is different than regular life especially on that scene.

i got stories for days on this.
12947014, I have been in Chicago for more than 20 yrs.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 08:18 AM
I don't know anyone who isn't appalled by Kellz' shenanigans with young girls. A couple of them blame the girls and get shouted down IRL and on social media when they blame the victims. All of these ppl are at least 35 years old and so they were here and in the target age group when Kellz was out there @ Kenwood and the Rock N Roll McDs picking up girls. They remember him singing on the L b4 he made it. They are Chicago and they're sickened by Kellz' shenanigans. Some of them still buy music or concert tickets anyway and that's another issue. But no I do t know ppl here who just shrug and say 'that's how it is' as related to Kellz having sex with children. Most are upset that he preys on young girls and think too many ppl turn a blind eye bc the children are black girls who are undervalued in the mainstream and who are assumed to be sexual deviants (aka overly aggressive to their detriment so they deserve to be victimized and forgotten) by too many ppl some of them in these girls' communities and families. They think it's shameful and they're horrified.
12947019, RE: So nobody on OKP feels this way, and barely anyone
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 08:41 AM

It wasn't just high school girls....

Kelly was messing around with a few 13 year olds too and a 12 year old.....

Just trying to give u some perspective....
12947230, That's an important point
Posted by 13Rose, Tue Dec-22-15 12:36 PM
Takes out the high school aspect and adds in the just hit puberty situation. SMH.
12947867, RE: That's an important point
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-23-15 12:26 PM
>Takes out the high school aspect and adds in the just hit
>puberty situation. SMH.

Of course it's a fare point....Kellz wasn't just hitting up young high school girls and groupies...

Dude was brazenly going after 12 to 13 year old girls....That's kiddie porn levels...
12947079, its been normal.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-22-15 10:26 AM
old niggas been knocking off fresh ones everywhere since the beginning.

shit had me salty as hell when i was in middle/early HS.
12947099, RE: its been normal.
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 10:48 AM
>old niggas been knocking off fresh ones everywhere since the
>beginning.
>
>shit had me salty as hell when i was in middle/early HS.

Back in the days, 20-24 year ol' dudes scooping up 16-17 year old high school girls was def. happening....

But u know what wasn't the norm? A 20 something year old dude going after 12 and 13 year olds...

That was Kellz....
12947102, it was normal where i grew up...
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Dec-22-15 10:51 AM
12947104, RE: it was normal where i grew up...
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 10:53 AM

U must have been on the set of To Catch A Predator.....Because dudes trying to fuck 12 year olds were getting beat down by niggas around my way...That was def. some outcast, molester shit....
12947133, I was in Philly and the dudes weren't necessarily in the same
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Dec-22-15 11:21 AM
neighborhood as the girls they were taking advantage of. Some cat from Mt. Airy involved with a girl from South Philly, or something like that. Plus, this was pre-internet, so it wasn't as easy to find people as it would be today. Edited to clarify I mean find the dude to beat him up.
12948328, Yup
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Dec-24-15 07:01 AM
>
>U must have been on the set of To Catch A Predator.....Because
>dudes trying to fuck 12 year olds were getting beat down by
>niggas around my way...That was def. some outcast, molester
>shit....
12947131, Yeah, we had a couple of those situations too. And those were
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Dec-22-15 11:19 AM
the ones we all knew about. This was 6th grade.
12947481, a 20 something going after a 12 year old was normal?
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Tue Dec-22-15 06:22 PM
12948327, it wasn't unheard of but it was far from 'normal'
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Dec-24-15 07:00 AM
normal would imply a dude who's 22 casually dropping how he fucked with a girl in 6th grade and most people just saying "oh, cool".

like murph said above, dudes in their early 20s scooping up 16/17 year olds was way common.

15 was kind of the unwritten number where you're getting into creep territory

but 12/13? that was never seen as normal anywhere. that's usually when you'd start hearing why someone got fucked up, or reasons someone wanted to kill someone.

12948431, RE: it wasn't unheard of but it was far from 'normal'
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 12:04 PM
>normal would imply a dude who's 22 casually dropping how he
>fucked with a girl in 6th grade and most people just saying
>"oh, cool".
>
>like murph said above, dudes in their early 20s scooping up
>16/17 year olds was way common.
>
>15 was kind of the unwritten number where you're getting into
>creep territory
>
>but 12/13? that was never seen as normal anywhere. that's
>usually when you'd start hearing why someone got fucked up, or
>reasons someone wanted to kill someone.

^^^^^^^^^^
12947127, are you okay w/it being 'normal'?
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 11:17 AM
12947097, we already did that post....it's 'normal' for some of us who grew
Posted by ambient1, Tue Dec-22-15 10:46 AM
up in certain areas
and not for others

but he barely ain't no different than ALOT of niggas his age...
he just got jammed up on camera

12947128, are you okay w/it being 'normal'?
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 11:17 AM
it was not unheard of where i grew up. and i find that shit abhorrent. i didn't back then b/c i didn't know better. but as i've aged and matured and gained wisdom i can look back on that practice w/disgust toward the men who engage in that activity. and i'm disappointed that so many adults around me looked the other way and that too many adults today look away b/c that shit is 'normal'. lots of conduct was 'normal' but abhorrent, of course, so that practice being 'normal' carries little weight w/me. that's not the issue w/the Kellz thing as much as whether we should accept that kind of behavior from adult men. the girls involved don't know any better - which is part of why the adult men who prey on them should be villified.
12947204, What I'm also seeing, which is part of this post as well?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Dec-22-15 12:20 PM
It's a major jealousy issue which leads to a lot of guys acting as if they don't feel sympathy for the girls. Guys who never preyed on younger girls were the same age as the girls who got taken advantage of, and because they were rejected so much by these girls, they STILL don't feel bad for them and therefore don't place the responsibility on the dudes who took advantage of them.
12947208, i think so too.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:23 PM
12947207, I'm just a nigga wit an opinion...so to answer if *I'm* ok with
Posted by ambient1, Tue Dec-22-15 12:22 PM
what WAS common practice....
I wasn't then
it's a non-factor now because it's no longer accepted

12947212, so you weren't and aren't okay w/the practice
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:23 PM
even though it was 'normal'.

okay.
12947237, lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Dec-22-15 12:49 PM
12947282, pretty much
Posted by ambient1, Tue Dec-22-15 01:29 PM
12947255, iirc back when the tape dropped it was more about what he was doing
Posted by southphillyman, Tue Dec-22-15 01:02 PM
TO the girl in the vid
as opposed to the ages involved
i was young though so maybe i'm off there
the other thing is EVERYBODY was trying to see the tape despite knowing the deal
it was basically the hottest thing in the barbershop back then
i feel like alot of this going on now is social media outrage
which is fine i guess since it was still a crime
but dude maintained a public relationship with aliyah and it was barely an issue.
even after the video he had mega hits and was getting supported by r&b fans
it's a new day now though
12947447, it was about both.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 04:48 PM
>TO the girl in the vid
>as opposed to the ages involved
>i was young though so maybe i'm off there

i haven't seen the video. but ppl i know who saw it were disgusted by the girl's age. it was clear to them that she was a child b/c Kellz is seen giving her money and either he or she says it's to be used to buy 'school clothes'. i remember ppl commenting about that.

>the other thing is EVERYBODY was trying to see the tape
>despite knowing the deal
>it was basically the hottest thing in the barbershop back
>then
>i feel like alot of this going on now is social media outrage

i remember that. i haven't seen the tape in part b/c after i'd heard the stuff about the girl's age and the various sex acts depicted to me that meant the tape is kiddie porn. i don't consume kiddie porn so i didn't and don't want to see the video.

>which is fine i guess since it was still a crime
>but dude maintained a public relationship with aliyah and it
>was barely an issue.

except plenty ppl were very bothered once more truth of that came to light. intially i believe the 2 denied any relationship (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wHBgdoYVDU). but then Vibe magazine published a story about the marriage that included a photo of the marriage certificate on which Aaliyah lied about her age saying she was 18. she was actually 15 yrs old then. and then we learned that her parents hadn't consented to the marriage.

of course, Aaliyah's family was most bothered in that they seem to have erased any mention of the relationship from her record. LOL. the marriage was annulled which means as a matter of law the 2 were never married (it was invalid b/c she was a minor and her parents didn't consent).

Aaliyah herself went to court and asked that the annulment be expunged or sealed too.

Aaliyah's most recent greatest hits compilation only contains ONE song from the Kellz era - 'At Your Best'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Aaliyah

...so the relationship was an issue for several ppl before the rather recent 'social media outrage'.

>even after the video he had mega hits and was getting
>supported by r&b fans
>it's a new day now though

true.
12947002, this thread Proves R.Kelly is the GOAT
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 04:43 AM
i mean what other artist stays going multi platinum in views, responses??

even brought out two cats from the OKP graves from the tombstone to post.

Murph Knows Kellz is the GOAT. the Most Polarizing Music figure over the past 30 years and cats stay debating and opinionated over ARRUH!!!
12947003, gotta admit i admire your dedication to this weirdo character you play
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue Dec-22-15 04:59 AM
12947004, and his new album BOMBED
Posted by justin_scott, Tue Dec-22-15 05:24 AM
39k sold...hahaha...total dud.
12947482, went paper plate
Posted by rdhull, Tue Dec-22-15 06:23 PM
>39k sold...hahaha...total dud.

lol
12947538, he got more platinum and gold on his walls than most
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 01:32 AM
and catelog that still sells like crazy
12947985, the kind you can't flush down the bowl w/o a plunger
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-23-15 02:05 PM
12947005, roberts got a little bit of bitch in him
Posted by drugs, Tue Dec-22-15 05:49 AM
he sounded like a scared hoe when he said that dumb mcrib shit. i know for a fact he had no clue what HuffPo is all about. that lil girl broke him. time to fire his publicist. smarten up rubbert.
12947428, yeah. that dude is such a coward
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-22-15 04:25 PM
he don't sound like he ever has learned how to talk to actual people.

it's a miracle he can actually sing.
12947016, I bet y'all be gettin your Spotify on doe....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Dec-22-15 08:37 AM
12947025, Goldie Taylor goes IN on Kellz (Swipe)
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 08:57 AM

She's writing for the Daily Beast now. I've always dug Goldie's fire when she was on MSNBC and CNN. Pretty strong stuff. But she rarely holds her tongue...

---

Daily Beast
Goldie Taylor

TO CATCH A PREDATOR12.21.154:36 PM ET

R. Kelly Shows His True Colors When Confronted With Sexual-Abuse Allegations
The R&B singer stormed off the set of HuffPo Live after host Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani grilled him on the troubling accusations that have followed him around for years.
Who the hell decided to forgive R. Kelly?

Despite years of documented allegations of statutory rape, which included hanging around Chicago-area middle and high schools to troll for “dates,” the chart-topping R&B recording artist is still invited to perform at various industry events, including November’s Soul Train Awards. Known for blockbuster hits like “Trapped in the Closet,” “I Believe I Can Fly” and “Fiesta,” he is still producing and performing music distributed by RCA and working with other artists as a producer-songwriter.

I suppose a video of one Robert Sylvester Kelly urinating on a young girl wasn’t enough to get him permanently banished by record label executives, because now, he’s back with his 13th studio album—aptly titled The Buffet.

He stopped by HuffPo Live Monday afternoon to promote the new record. However, it didn’t take long for host Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani to get around to the sexual-abuse allegations. After lulling him with gentle inquiries about his recent spate of success and his many fans, the web show anchor hit him with a series of questions about the accusations that have trailed him for decades.

“I did not come here to be interrogated. I didn't come here for a deposition,” Kelly said, before adding sarcastically, “Do you know what a deposition is?”

He continued, “This is a deposition. This is not about R. Kelly. This is not about music. This is about someone who works hard on his music who has an album out. This is about trying to interrogate me and this is about disrespect.”

When Modarressy-Tehrani argued that she was merely conducting an interview and not being disrespectful, Kelly took it upon himself to question her intelligence. “That’s the level of your intelligence, not mine,” he sneered.

R. Kelly was rude, condescending, sexist, and flat-out disgusting,” tweeted Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, a CNN contributor.

He bemoaned the “lack of support” his music has been receiving broadly, choosing to blame The Buffet’s poor record sales’ performance on “technology.” However, when asked directly about the conflicted feelings some fans may still harbor over the litany of statutory-rape allegations, Kelly flatly said, “Fuck that.”

“You can’t satisfy everybody. You’re not going to have everybody to always hold you down.”

He repeatedly spoke of sold-out concerts and said “God bless” the people who have boycotted his music. He later threatened to walk out of the interview and head to McDonald’s, which is ironically where he allegedly used to pick up young girls after school, for a “McRib” sandwich.

Kelly wants us to forget that he used his celebrity to lure children into stomach-churning sexual acts. He’d like us to forget that, when he was 27 years old, he eloped with a 15-year-old singer named Aaliyah and produced her first album, Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number.

According to Vulture, “In 1996, Kelly was sued for damages by a woman alleging the two began a sexual relationship when she was 15. Kelly settled out of court. In 2001, a similar lawsuit with a similar result. The next year, he was indicted on 21 counts of making child pornography after police came into possession of a video depicting a man resembling Kelly having sex with a young woman.”

Kelly settled a lot of lawsuits. Some suspect hush money was paid even before many suits were filed. In 2002, according to Vulture, one young woman claimed that he got her pregnant while she was still underage and “that one of his associates took her to get an abortion.” Kelly settled the case for an undisclosed sum.

And, who could forget the infamous bootlegged video in which Kelly is seen having sex with a teenage girl and urinating on her? It took prosecutors six years to bring that case to trial only to have the girl in question refuse to testify.

The lawsuits number in the dozens, but Kelly has never been convicted on criminal charges for statutory rape. Some complain that, like comedian Bill Cosby, Kelly may have bought his way out of a lengthy prison sentence. And similarly, one will find a good many Kelly supporters—especially among African Americans—who steadfastly refuse to believe the allegations and blame society for the extrajudicial conviction of a black man without due process.

To use Kelly’s own words: Fuck that.

In Demetrius Smith Sr.’s memoir The Man Behind the Man, Kelly’s former friend and personal assistant made it plain: “Underage girls had proven to be his weakness. He was obsessed, sickly addicted.”

Kelly’s sordid sexual proclivities and fondness for young girls are well reported. Unlike Cosby, his closest friends, advisers and at least one relative did not look the other way. His brother, ex-publicist, a former friend and a longtime personal assistant all corroborated the various charges against him. In fact, the Chicago Sun-Times published accounts that span more than a decade.

Even so, Kelly continues to enjoy all the trappings that a music career can bring, including—by his account—sold-out concerts and wealth that affords him a luxurious lifestyle. Other artists keep him on speed-dial for his hit-making talents.

“I’m producing a lot of people right now, I’m working with a lot of people,” he told HuffPo Live. “…I don’t know where you’re getting your information from, but I’m a very successful man.” Kelly complimented the host for being beautiful, but promised to bolt if he got any more “negativity out of your mouth.”

For his part, Kelly claims that he doesn’t hear the roaring criticism and said if he did, he’d never perform again. Kelly blamed the furor on the media and believes the level of disdain for him and his music are “made up.”

“Everywhere I go, from malls to restaurants, to tours—sold-out tours—overseas and back, and everywhere I’ve been, I’m a man who’s been around the world—multiple times—and everywhere I’ve been, I get nothing but love.”

Kelly is right. He still boasts a bevy of adoring fans. By and large—if I’m hearing them right—they say the singer-songwriter is “innocent until proven guilty.” Some of the young girls he allegedly victimized were “looking for a come up,” a woman named Charisse told Vulture. “That’s reality.”

No, the reality is Kelly is a predator who targeted black girls and he’s damn lucky that they weren’t mine. He’d need a barrel of cash to buy himself a new ass.

12947206, nobody cares about some jive turkey like that
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:22 PM
and again if you don't like his music fine, but unless you get a case or something that is in the now, then it needs to be left alone.

just another loud mouth chick who can't dance and nobody is checking her work like that.
12947213, she right.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:24 PM
12947214, nobody cares about her at all
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:28 PM
believe me if Mcdonalds still sold Mcribs and ARRUH pulled up to the curb and said lets get two Mcribs and a Shake to go, well she would go for the ride and start steppin.

alot of frauds talk tough and then when the cameras off she is blasting Kellz
12947225, RE: nobody cares about her at all
Posted by murph71, Tue Dec-22-15 12:34 PM
>believe me if Mcdonalds still sold Mcribs and ARRUH pulled
>up to the curb and said lets get two Mcribs and a Shake to
>go, well she would go for the ride and start steppin.

Dog...u still joking about this?
12947233, not joking at all because
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Tue Dec-22-15 12:38 PM
the man was found not guilty almost a decade ago.

its time to allow the man to go on with his career and life

and like he said yesterday other interviews went about his work

and folks who harp on something that was dealt with in a court of law
and unless you got something happening now its time to move on
12947228, sure but you're one of those who cares about her and her opinion.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Dec-22-15 12:35 PM
it's okay. we see it.
12947232, So nobody is going to talk about the McRib comment?
Posted by 13Rose, Tue Dec-22-15 12:37 PM
Is the McRib really that fire out here in these streets?
12947336, Oh that was the best line of the whole thang!!
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Dec-22-15 02:50 PM
12947362, I felt terrible for laughing at that, plus the "I'ma play me some
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Dec-22-15 03:08 PM
basketball..."

My immediate reaction was not "this is terrible" but "he is hilarious" and I feel so bad about that.
12947363, see, that's what put me into Freddie Foxx mode...
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-22-15 03:11 PM
12947540, thats a bomb Sandmich
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-23-15 01:37 AM
still the truth
12947449, This was such a weird post
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Dec-22-15 04:49 PM
12948314, I thought it went exactly as expected.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-24-15 01:11 AM
>
12948329, Ebony: R. Kelly, Please Leave the Building (SWIPE)
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 07:12 AM

Ebony
R. Kelly, Please Leave the Building
Josie Pickens asks: why should Black women continue to support him and his music?

BY JOSIE PICKENS, DECEMBER 22, 2015

It was Britni Danielle over at Clutch who first alerted me to a (now deleted) YouTube video of R. Kelly chastising his fans (and Black folk altogether) for not supporting his newest album, The Buffet. According to Danielle, Kelly’s record sales were deficient, and he imagined somehow that our community’s lack of support—and not his multiple “allegations” of sexual assault against teen Black girls—was the reason his record sales were so low.

In the video Kelly nagged:

“I bust my ass going around doing shows to survive, but I do this for the love,” Kelly said. “But come on, at some point we gotta start supporting each other. Everybody supports every other category of music; we gotta start supporting each other.”
I suppose it was R. Kelly’s need to boost his lagging sales, and an effort to connect with his “fans,” that made him (and his PR team) believe it wise to book a live chat with The Huffington Post. During this live chat, Kelly would answer questions from Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani and respond to questions and comments from viewers.

Listen, Black Twitter was lit: Birdman hand-rubbing and yoga stretches in front of their laptops in anticipation of the dragging that was sure to go down as soon as Kelly sat in the hot seat. Fly girl (my girl!) Yaba Blay—professor, producer and creator of Pretty Period—rang the alarm on Twitter, and those of us who will always stand for Black girls (and therefor stand against men like R. Kelly) began to Voltron up.

I was invited by Huffington Post Live to present a video question to R. Kelly because of my clear stance against him and any celebration of him and his music. The producers I’m sure believed (and I agree wholeheartedly) that R. Kelly cannot expect to reprimand Black audiences for not supporting him and his music without allowing space for those not supporting him to explain why. And for some of us, our lack of support is centered on our demand for justice for Kelly’s victims (both known and unknown), and for the countless victims of sexual violence, rape, incest and more that go unnoticed and uncounted for in our communities.

Additionally, Huffington Post staff manned the comments section of the live stream and diligently deleted many derogatory comments in an effort to be fair to R. Kelly.
But if you believe Caroline Modarressy-Tehrani’s interview with Kelly was an ambush, or anything more than a concise presentation of questions that viewers really wanted to know, then you might want to use the Google and revisit the definition of the word “ambush.” R. Kelly will forever, forever, have to address his charges of sexual assault, and he should always be prepared to do just that. He does not get to demand blind, silent allegiance from a community he has preyed upon. He does not get to beg me to buy his album and not expect to have to listen to why I will not.

Considering the multiple allegations of sexual assault and sexual abuse of Black girls waged against the singer, why should Black women continue to support him and his music?
F*ck that.
My video question for Huffington Post live, which never aired because Kelly had a tantrum and walked off the interview, was: Considering Black women make up a significant amount of R. Kelly’s fan base, and also considering the multiple allegations of sexual assault and sexual abuse of Black girls waged against the singer, why should Black women continue to support him and his music?

It’s a valid question, especially when one considers the fact that some studies show a devastating 60% of Black girls experience sexual abuse and trauma before the age of 18. Couple that statistic with another alarming one:

The Department of Justice estimates that for every White woman that reports her rape, at least five white women do not report theirs; and yet, for every African-American woman that reports her rape, at least 15 African-American women do not report theirs.
These facts about the sexual assault and sexual abuse of Black girls and women are why some advocates, including me, will take every opportunity to address R. Kelly (and men like him) publicly. Because we know that of the one in 15 Black female victims of sexual assault who do report their assault, only a small percentage of those women who do report (maybe 3 in every 100) will receive any kind of justice.

So yes, R. Kelly’s acquittal of child pornography charges (stemming from one of the many videos that surfaced of Kelly having sex with minor Black girls), and the many more cases he settled out of court, happened long ago. But we will never forget, much in the same way we will never confuse a not guilty verdict with innocence.

Speaking of which, for those of you who choose to bring up Kelly’s not guilty verdict as a reason we should “leave him alone,” I hope you have also spoken on the fairness of the US justice system in cases like George Zimmerman’s or Darren Wilson’s. They were also found not guilty. Remember? Not the same thing? Riiiggghhhhttt.

Anyway, R. Kelly showed his ass at Huffington Post Live by deflecting the questions asked, speaking over and belittling the host, and playing victim. He behaved the same way he always does when not being cheered and lauded, but asked to own his past. You should watch it here.

Josie Pickens is an educator, cultural critic and soldier of love. Follow her musings on Twitter at @jonubian.

Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/r-kelly-please-leave-the-building-932#ixzz3vEuDuC5F
12948432, i notice your hatred for R.Kelly a whole lot
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-24-15 12:05 PM
you dig up any chickenhead talking trash
and some more 4th tier corny writer to talk about the man personally.

if that trick saw R.kelly she would have all of her kellz albums out ready to get sign.

same ole same, just worry about those Prince coasters which will make good frisbees in wrapping paper to toss to the neighborhood dogs
12948436, RE: i notice your hatred for R.Kelly a whole lot
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 12:19 PM
>you dig up any chickenhead talking trash
>and some more 4th tier corny writer to talk about the man
>personally.

I don't hate Kellz....I hate the fact that people like yourself denigrate women voicing their opinions against Kellz....

The fact that u called the Ebony writer a chicken head underlines that point...You threw the same venom at Goldie Taylor and that Huff Post interviewer ...U basically called her a gibbering foreigner with a low IQ...

I never really thought this until now....But it seems like u hate women...At the very least your respect for women is pretty low.....Barrel scraping low...

Sometimes u gotta know when to turn it down....This is pretty disturbing....Even for u....
12948444, RE: i notice your hatred for R.Kelly a whole lot
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-24-15 12:40 PM
i don't hate nobody at all and you always talk out of the wrong end.

what i don't like is your biased writing style to fit your agenda because you look for any reason to keep it negative against R.Kelly.

and you are so wrong it ain't even funny. as a man who was raised by grandmothers and respected them, you are so off base.

and i stand by what i said you hate R.Kelly despite doing liner notes on a few projects and it makes no sense.

if you were to keep it classy you would have stopped at the opening bit, but naw you bring this person's take and that persons take
to keep that pot stirred.

what you hope to accomplish? folks who Love Kellz gonna love him an folks who Hate Kellz gonna hate and the ones neither here or there
could take or leave it.

be a balanced Writer my friend and stop allowing your bias flag to wave when it sees fit is all i say.
12948447, If this has been asked before in this thread
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Dec-24-15 12:45 PM
my apologies for missing it, but it's hard to navigate this thread with the massive amounts of responses.

I have a question though; how has R. Kelly responded in the past when he was asked about the allegations through interviews? I barely remember an instance where he was interviewed by Toure, but I never watched it, so I don't know how it went down. I'm curious because it's wild he R. Kelly thought it was beyond logic for the interviewer to pose those questions to him, especially since it was from folks that were fans of his music.
12948475, RE: If this has been asked before in this thread
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 02:18 PM
>my apologies for missing it, but it's hard to navigate this
>thread with the massive amounts of responses.
>
>I have a question though; how has R. Kelly responded in the
>past when he was asked about the allegations through
>interviews? I barely remember an instance where he was
>interviewed by Toure, but I never watched it, so I don't know
>how it went down. I'm curious because it's wild he R. Kelly
>thought it was beyond logic for the interviewer to pose those
>questions to him, especially since it was from folks that were
>fans of his music.

He's in a bubble....
12948493, The real problems with the interview were:
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 04:24 PM
1 - Clearly she had an agenda to start light and go in for the kill. The honest thing to do would have been to make it clear that she wanted to focus on that topic so that he could decide if he wanted to go thru with it before it happened. He did interviews with both Toure and Ed Gordon YEARS ago, specifically around the cases. So the way she went about it was disingenuous at best.

2 - He actually did answer her questions but they weren't in line with what she was getting at so she essentially kept reiterating the same questions, even though it was crystal clear that he wasn't going to give her what she was after. That was the real cause of the train wreck.

3 - Her premise regarding the connection between "conflicted" fans and his recent poor sales is actually very much flawed. He has had successful albums in the past 14 years, so are we saying that people are just waking up in 2015 with newfound morality? No. The main problems are that he's pushing 50 still trying to keep up with a young audience, the latest music isn't that good, R&B isn't hot anymore, the album hasn't been promoted well, and to his point, the internet does play a part, as people are much more inclined to stream than to purchase. So when you ADD all of that to his perversion, then you get where he is right now an as artist.

All that to say, he really didn't need to follow her down her rabbit hole because his main problem isn't really conflicted fans. If it were, again to his point, how is he still able to tour successfully?

She just couldn't let it go and refused to move on, and even when she kinda did, she asked if he had a healthy relationship with sex? It really did sound like a deposition at that point. So it was a wrap.
12948495, he should have thought about unwanted interview questions
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Dec-24-15 04:50 PM
before he decided to pee on children.
12948521, We know what he did, but if she actually was seeking some relevant..
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 05:53 PM
answers from him, she failed...miserably.
12948657, thats on him. he wanted kiss-ass questions
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Dec-25-15 05:58 PM
When he didn't get them, he took his ball and went home.

There's nothing wrong with anything she asked. If he doesn't want to answer, that's on him. Don't want questions about fucking kids, don't fuck kids.
12948668, I never said she asked unfair questions, my criticism is of her..
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 08:57 PM
execution.

12948501, The real problems is he molested children:
Posted by rdhull, Thu Dec-24-15 05:07 PM
12948522, If that was the problem then why do the interview?
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 05:54 PM
12948524, RE: If that was the problem then why do the interview?
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 06:04 PM

To find out what makes him think he can go on a social media-fueled show, act like shit is sweet and be dumb enough to come on and not be asked questions about pissing on little girls....
12948528, Cute.
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 06:19 PM
12948518, Dog....
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 05:46 PM

U really serious about this?...lol

Like...really?
12948519, I'm seriously one of the few that doesn't give a shit about R. Kelly..
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 05:50 PM
and is actually able to look at the interview objectively.

And anyone who congratulates this woman on a job well done and doesn't see where and how she lost control of the interview is either biased, kidding themselves or both.
12948523, RE: I'm seriously one of the few that doesn't give a shit about R. Kelly..
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 05:59 PM
>and is actually able to look at the interview objectively.

Dog...there r no unfair questions when u PISSED ON 12 to 15 YEAR OLD GIRLS.....

Beyond this^^^ there wasn't a problem with the interviewer...It was the format....

Everyone in the fucking biz knows that Huff Post Live is connected directly with social media...That's where most of the questions come from.....ONLINE users...The host was not thinking of those questions by herself. She got them from the fans....

So R.Kelly comes on Huff Live....Guess what? Viewers and users are going to ask him about having sex with little girls....

If anything Kellz' publicity team is to blame....They should have known what they were getting him into...But it goes back to dude being in a bubble....
12948525, First, I never said the questions were "unfair". I said he..
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 06:12 PM
gave the answers that he was going to give. She couldn't get past that.

I mean really, how did you think he was really going to respond to "What do you say to your conflicted fans who can't get past your allegations?" Do you think he was going to say "Hey guys, I'm sorry I molested those little girls, but uh, please buy my album anyway!"

That question just wasn't going to get very far, yet she was seemingly stuck on it.

Second, if you think that they simply picked a few questions and went with it, that's pretty naive.

They used the questions that they wanted to use in order to shape the interview the way they wanted to shape it.

It was all "fair game" as the questions were relevant, but the way that she shaped the interview using those questions failed.
12948529, RE: First, I never said the questions were "unfair". I said he..
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 06:21 PM

>It was all "fair game" as the questions were relevant, but the
>way that she shaped the interview using those questions
>failed.

Again....If this were the Tonight Show u would have a valid point...

But Huff Live's social media element makes such an interview a wild card....

Journalism operates through various platforms....Sitting down for a New York Times Interview is a lot different than TMZ...The only consistency is the truth....

She didn't shape the questions as u called it....She basically read the questions given to her and when she realized he was trying to throw on the charm, compliment her for being beautiful and skate off, she did what any self respecting journalist would do....She went for the real story...
12948532, I think you need to watch the interview again.
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 06:35 PM
She wasn't simply reading questions live and getting his reaction. The tweets were used as a tool to drive a point/assertion and question him on that. There was control and intention in which question to use, and what follow-up questions to ask based on that. Again, all fair game, but as a professional, she seemed to get caught up in her own disdain and allowed it to go off the rails.

Believe me, I've watched it several times because I found myself very interested in where it started to go awry.
12948534, RE: I think you need to watch the interview again.
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 06:50 PM
>She wasn't simply reading questions live and getting his
>reaction. The tweets were used as a tool to drive a
>point/assertion and question him on that. There was control
>and intention in which question to use, and what follow-up
>questions to ask based on that. Again, all fair game, but as
>a professional, she seemed to get caught up in her own disdain
>and allowed it to go off the rails.

Here's the deal...Huff Post Live operates like this: They announce that a personality will be coming on to be interviewed...They then blast said announcement out to various social media platforms...AND THEN THEY ASK THE FANS AND SOCIAL MEDIA USERS TO SEND IN THEIR QUESTIONS...

The host then uses said questions for the interview....They even use video questions....

(One blogger from Ebony was actually invited to present a video question to R. Kelly...After the entire fiasco she said: "The producers I’m sure believed (and I agree wholeheartedly) that R. Kelly cannot expect to reprimand Black audiences for not supporting him and his music without allowing space for those not supporting him to explain why. And for some of us, our lack of support is centered on our demand for justice for Kelly’s victims (both known and unknown), and for the countless victims of sexual violence, rape, incest and more that go unnoticed and uncounted for in our communities.")

The backstory being that Kellz was complaining about black people not supporting his album given his first week low sales....

So.... Social media questions + Black Twitter = powder keg...

What u saw basically was the interviewer reading previous questions by Huff Post Live viewers and bloggers to Kellz...It's not her fault that Kellz and his team didn't have the good sense to know how Huff Live operates....

12948536, And now you're coming around to my point.
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 07:03 PM
They knew going in which questions they wanted to use and how.

That's my point.

So if they knew before the interview that this was the direction the interview was going to take, why not go ahead and frame the interview that way FROM THE BEGINNING.

Don't waste time with the softball shit as a set up for the shit that you really want to get to, if you know you don't have "positive" intentions for the interview.

And if you do decide to do that, and see that it's failing, be professional enough to know when to pull back and switch gears so that you can actually finish your interview.

By the end of the interview her pride was in the way, and she couldn't let it go. So when he "gave her one more question" she decided to stick with the same shit.

That makes it clear that there was never an intention to take the interview anywhere else. So don't play games (not you, them).

12948537, RE: And now you're coming around to my point.
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-24-15 07:09 PM
>They knew going in which questions they wanted to use and
>how.

I got folks that work for Huff Post....And according to them, 90 percent of the questions they received were about 1) His history molesting young girls...and 2) Kellz complaining about black folk not supporting the new album...

I just look at it like this....Kellz' people should have never let him go on Huff Live....

If the majority of the questions u receive is black Twitter going OFF, then what else do you think is going to happen?
12948539, I don't disagree with that. It wasn't a good forum for him. At all.
Posted by daryloneal, Thu Dec-24-15 07:17 PM
My point was that the only issue present wasn't simply the questions that were asked (on some "how dare you ask him that"), it was just as much "you asked your question, he answered it the way he was going to, at some point you have to move on".

The same way the people ask what did he expect, I just as much ask what did SHE expect. What else was he going to say to address "conflicted" fans?
12948656, Co- sign everything you're saying in this post.
Posted by Teknontheou, Fri Dec-25-15 05:46 PM
It's hard for people to look at this objectively because of what it involves, but you're right.
12948658, Not at all.
Posted by SoWhat, Fri Dec-25-15 06:00 PM
She asked a fair question from the fans - does Kellz think the pedophillic rape allegations have hurt his record sales? All he had to do is say 'no' or 'I think the piracy issue has had much more impact considering the number of acts who are experiencing the same thing.' He didn't have to handle it as piss-poorly as he did. She did not ambush him and her question flowed from the video Kellz posted complaining about his fans not supporting him by buying his new album. Plus considering the forum it was clear the ppl wanted her to ask the question. The problems in the interview were all on Kellz and his handling of a potentially uncomfortable issue.

She asked fair, tough questions in part bc this wasn't a softball puff piece intended to make him look good. If it were that kind of piece I doubt she would've handled it as she did - she might've switched gears when Kellz got pissy. But this wasn't that. She got what she wanted - Kellz responded to her questions. He responded by being a bitch. Lol
12948665, RE: Not at all.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 08:51 PM
>She asked a fair question from the fans - does Kellz think
>the pedophillic rape allegations have hurt his record sales?
>All he had to do is say 'no' or 'I think the piracy issue has
>had much more impact considering the number of acts who are
>experiencing the same thing.' He didn't have to handle it as
>piss-poorly as he did.

He actually gave that answer twice, though. She essentially asked the same question twice and he gave the same answer. And then she did it again when asking about what he has to say to conflicted fans.

She did not ambush him and her question
>flowed from the video Kellz posted complaining about his fans
>not supporting him by buying his new album. Plus considering
>the forum it was clear the ppl wanted her to ask the question.
>The problems in the interview were all on Kellz and his
>handling of a potentially uncomfortable issue.
>

I wouldn't say she ambushed him , but it was pretty clear that she wanted to stick to a specific assertion, which was driven by the social media response, no matter what valid point he made. And truth be told, regardless of how despicable he is, he did make valid points.

>She asked fair, tough questions in part bc this wasn't a
>softball puff piece intended to make him look good. If it were
>that kind of piece I doubt she would've handled it as she did
>- she might've switched gears when Kellz got pissy. But this
>wasn't that. She got what she wanted - Kellz responded to her
>questions. He responded by being a bitch. Lol

I think part of the problem is that it was presented that way (i.e. as a piece to discuss his new album). The interview was started by asking him very soft questions regarding the song with his daughter, etc. etc. and then she started to up the ante little by little. It was very strategic. He was clearly taken aback by the foul language that was welcomed in the comment from twitter. It was at that point (where she read the "FUCK NO" part verbatim) that the interview started to get uncomfortable.

The interesting thing about that last point is that other websites that have written about the interview have called out the language that HE used, without referencing that it was initiated by the comment from twitter, and that he confirmed he had permission to curse. Is this me feeling sorry for him? No. But it just reaffirms that people aren't looking at the interview objectively. They are simply looking at it as "it serves him right for what he did". That's all well and good but that just isn't where I'm coming from on this.
12948693, *shrugs*
Posted by SoWhat, Sat Dec-26-15 01:40 AM
You're wrong.
12948703, I choose to stick to facts.
Posted by daryloneal, Sat Dec-26-15 07:06 AM
It's okay if you don't want to on this one. You have much company.
12948780, *shrug*
Posted by SoWhat, Sat Dec-26-15 07:37 PM
I know what I saw.
12948848, Daryloneal is the only one hitting the ball out of the park
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 12:02 PM
bottom line no forum wasn't right for him and certain things were said and brought up, however that chick was crediable at all because you gotta have balance in there and it was clearly done in a way to make him look bad.

and she has to be way more professional than that to call herself a journalist.

he answered what he was gonna ask and its time to move on from there period.

12948660, she did try to move on. He was still ranting and raving about the
Posted by blkprinceMD05, Fri Dec-25-15 07:02 PM
First question about the pedophilia. She only circled back around when he arrogantly and aggressively told her she had one question left
12948666, Nah, she was doubling down on the questions.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 08:54 PM
She asked the question about why he wasn't receiving support, twice. And then she asked the question about conflicted fans twice.

A more productive way to have gone about it would have been to ask a better, more exploratory follow-up question to open up the conversation, as opposed to reinforcing the same points.
12948589, bottom line that chick was trying to take it to a point
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Dec-25-15 02:57 AM
that could and should have been avoided. and he is a musician
and with his musical track record the focus should be primary on his music career.

but the bias against the cat when it suits said folks will be there.
12948597, RE: bottom line SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by murph71, Fri Dec-25-15 07:26 AM

I fixed it for u ^^^^^
12948599, I think it is a bit more nuanced than most people want to discuss.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 09:21 AM
You have:

1 - The die-hard fans (such as mistermaxx) who don't really give a shit, they're gonna ride with him and for him.

2 - Casual fan (a) who never was die-hard, but since the cases has been turned off and doesn't listen anymore

3 - Casual fan (b) who never was die-hard and still isn't but doesn't mind enjoying some of the tunes from time to time

4 - "Never was a fan" and since the allegations have become critical of him.

5 - Hated him since "You Remind Me of My Jeep" and hate him even more now.

1 & 3 allow him to sustain a career, while 4 & 5 is who you see most of on twitter, but at the same time you do have a healthy dose of 1 on social media as well. I mean, he does have over 700k followers.

So going back to the interview, both he and the interviewer had a leg to stand on because she has the tweets and he has the fans at his shows, as well as some successful albums in the past 14yrs (which goes to challenge the connection between his lackluster sales and those critics).

This really goes back to my point in that at some point she needed to professionally move on from the negative tweets because his point was just as strong. It would be like Obama spending most of an interview talking about conservative critics, when after all.... he did win 2 elections.

12948605, RE: I think it is a bit more nuanced than most people want to discuss.
Posted by murph71, Fri Dec-25-15 11:17 AM
>You have:
>
>1 - The die-hard fans (such as mistermaxx) who don't really
>give a shit, they're gonna ride with him and for him.

>2 - Casual fan (a) who never was die-hard, but since the cases
>has been turned off and doesn't listen anymore
>
>3 - Casual fan (b) who never was die-hard and still isn't but
>doesn't mind enjoying some of the tunes from time to time
>
>4 - "Never was a fan" and since the allegations have become
>critical of him.
>
>5 - Hated him since "You Remind Me of My Jeep" and hate him
>even more now.

Having sex with 13-15 year olds has a way of cutting through all of this....^^^^

For every post I've read declaring, "I still ride for Kellz!" or "I'm bumping R. Kelly right now..." there are 10 posts on some, "Why u supporting someone who pissed on little girls????"

In other words, being a R. Kelly fan ain't easy in 2015....The man is a pariah....His hardcore fans still ride for him though...But even being a casual fan will get u the side eye..

12948614, You're right, hate is always stronger than love on social media though.
Posted by daryloneal, Fri Dec-25-15 11:56 AM
unless you're Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, or Rihanna and have a legion of fans that will go to war on their iPhones. So I kinda take it with a grain of salt.

As many people "hate" someone like Drake, he's still the most successful guy out there.

Look at how many people go on social media, just to bash award shows... yet they're still watching.

So sure, listening to R. Kelly isn't something to beat your chest and be proud of, but I've photographed enough weddings to know that even in 2015, people are still stepping in the name of love.

It is what it is.
12948630, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Dec-25-15 02:05 PM
i fixed it back for you ^^^. on new years eve Kellz is performing in Detroit and folks are gonna be steppin the night away and believe me the man has alot of fans.

not everybody is paying what just happen much mind. just enjoying his talent and not trippin.

however there are quite a few voices whom want to ask this or that.

its a split.
12948663, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by murph71, Fri Dec-25-15 08:22 PM
>i fixed it back for you ^^^. on new years eve Kellz is
>performing in Detroit and folks are gonna be steppin the night
>away and believe me the man has alot of fans.
>
>not everybody is paying what just happen much mind. just
>enjoying his talent and not trippin.
>
>however there are quite a few voices whom want to ask this
>or that.
>
>its a split.

U living in La La Land, Maxx....

Ain't no split...lol

12948685, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 12:27 AM
a Prince "Stan" saying I live in LA LA Land? now that is rich and funny.

it is split because i know other R.Kelly fans who only care about his music and don't even trip.

it reminds of a Barry Manilow Interview when Barry was asked about Michael Jackson and he said I just push play and listen to the magic of the music and don't pay anything else any mind and there is a segement of fans of said artist with said issue or issues who elect to do just that.

not LA LA land but just enjoying the talent of said artist.

believe me and you know this ain't no saints in the music business. because that business will get you one way or the other.
12948705, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-26-15 07:56 AM
>a Prince "Stan" saying I live in LA LA Land? now that is
>rich and funny.

Again...here's the difference between U and I...

I admit that Prince's recording output over the last 15 years has been spotty at best...

You celebrated Black Panties like it was Thriller....

Several times I have pointed out that P isn't doing himself any favors by not reintroducing his '80s catalogue to a new generation....That dude's at times delusional view of his past works---his refusal to join the 21 century and remaster his albums, will come back to bite him...

You continue to tap dance around the fact that along with being the most consistent R&B act of his generation, Kellz will forever be known as a man who had sex with little 12 to 15 year old girls....

I agree with folks that at times call out Prince as a straight up asshole...

You attack anyone that has anything remotely negative to say about R. Kelly. And you attack WOMEN who point out that dude should not be allowed to skate just because he paid off the one girl who was set to take the stand in his child pornography case....U call them chicken heads, opportunists, etc...And you continue to make light of Kellz' serious actions...

You see a pattern here?
12948850, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 12:13 PM
Prince been wack to most folks since 88. tell the truth Partna. his 90's stuff was his desperate attempt at trying to sound like what was happening, why would he mess up a thing he had going,only he knows.
and we both know the bread of his best stuff is buttered on his 80's material
and when he puts together a legit band live he is worth seeing and not stuck as a vegas lounge act.

as for R.Kelly this particular interview chick was off base
and she didn't leave well enough alone and sometimes you gotta ease on up. the reason why i called these folks out is simple, they are doing what there bosses instruct them to do period. its fashionable now to bash R.kelly and for the record i don't condone his personal actions, but then again i can say the same about Marvin Gaye, James,Brown,Bobby Womack, RIck James,Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, Chuck Berry,etc.. and i seperate the music from the artist.

and i never said that Black Panties was thriller. there is only one Thriller. i liked some of BP, but its hardly seeing Love Letter,Happy People,Chocolate factory,Loveland or Tp2.

but ARRUH tends to keep a cut or three that and of course his vocals
are on point. but on the real real, Love Letter was the last album by him that i grooved all the way throgh. i call it his Generations of Marvin Gaye"Hear,my,dear"

Media and Journalist gotta be accurate when they write
and they been selective bias where it comes to R.Kelly just as they were with Michael Jackson.

FYI there is a way of being critical of R.Kelly without acting like you on some revenge.

12949740, RE: bottom line some of SOCIAL MEDIA was trying to take it to a point
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 08:43 AM

U skated over everything I said...

U give no fucks....lol
12949889, thing is Murph you outta leave R.Kelly alone
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-30-15 12:40 PM
because you can't write favorable reviews and talk this and talk that and then run in here and pull a national ENquier writer about R.Kelly in here.

stick to the Purple cheerleading section, because you got that down pat.

but you done lost things when it comes to ARRUH.

your bias hating is full tilt.

truth is you need R.Kelly because he makes your posts go platinum plus. you need his name to sell your stock and we both know this
12948687, Bottom line is r Kelly was a serial pedophile
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sat Dec-26-15 01:00 AM
And if he don't like being asked about it he needs to not do interviews.

12948697, bottom line he was gonna be asked about his music
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 04:25 AM
and the journalist went to push something beyond the limits. in truth R. Kelly was classy about things and simply left. he didn't call her any names and he politely asked her to move on and she refused so technically he was right.

he was being Professional and she was not. however having said that, he needs to make sure he keeps the questions on his work or its gonna be messy.
12948899, pathetic.
Posted by astralblak, Sun Dec-27-15 06:23 PM
everything you've written in here. every single word.

it's typical of your opinions/ideas on most things discussed on PTP

please stop typing
12948903, Hey, dummy, I've never posted in PTP.
Posted by daryloneal, Sun Dec-27-15 06:52 PM
Put your misplaced shit wherever it belongs.
12948699, Good News his album debuted number 1 on the R&B Charts
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sat Dec-26-15 04:28 AM
his 12th solo Number 1 album in that chart and he only trails JAY Z by one. the temptations have the most with 17 number One R&B albums.

He is the Michael Jackson of R&B Crown and Jewelry stays in the CHI
12948706, RE: Good News his album debuted number 1 on the R&B Charts
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-26-15 07:59 AM

He took advantage of little girls, Maxx.....He had sex with a TWELVE year old girl, Maxx....

And u talking about dude going no 1 on the R&B charts???

Come on dog....Not like this...
12948816, RE: Good News his album debuted number 1 on the R&B Charts
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 02:50 AM
i champion his music and if you don't like it than leave it alone.

we all get it, you Hate R.Kelly and make it a point of down playing his music talent and impact as a artist. fair i get it.
12948707, The R. Kelly Problem (New York Magazine--Swipe)
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-26-15 08:17 AM

This one has kind of been talked about on OKP....A November piece before the shit hit the fan....

Basically, it just goes to show folks that Kellz will no longer be able to avoid that elephant in the room unless he's going on a soft ball show like Entertainment Tonight....One of the more concise and barebone pieces about how it has been hard to completely shut out R. Kelly. When you are deemed the greatest R&B act of your generation and you have enough hits to fill two greatest hits albums, how should fans approach your work? For many people, it's a conundrum.....

----
New York Magazine
Is It Okay To Listen To R. Kelly---The R.Kelly Problem

By David Marchese

He’s a musical genius — and he’s been accused of some awful things. Is it okay to listen to him?

R. Kelly whirls around, straining to look out his car’s rear window. “You see that?” asks the R&B star, sitting in the middle row of a black SUV cruising down Manhattan’s West Side. On this sparkling afternoon in early fall, he’s just noticed a young woman driving a red sedan one lane over. “Damn,” says Kelly, as the smoke from his cigar curls along his giant gold watch and up past his diamond earring. “Uhm-hmm,” says a bearded assistant in a baseball cap from the backseat. This man’s job, as best I can tell, is to light his boss’s cigar and carry around a small duffel bag. The SUV pulls even with the woman’s car, and Kelly, on his way to a Chelsea recording studio, goes quiet, staring at the woman as she looks straight ahead.

Our driver changes lanes. Kelly grimaces, as if seeing an attractive woman in a passing car and not being able to do anything about it hurts. “New York got a lotta pretty girls,” he says. His assistant gives a sleepy nod.

The SUV pulls in front of the studio. We’re here to listen to tracks from next month’s The Buffet, the 13th album of Kelly’s massively successful, extremely controversial career, and the first one since allegations of his past sexual misconduct resurfaced online, causing many to argue that Kelly is both a predator overdue for punishment and a walking moral dilemma.

We step into an elevator. As it rises, Kelly, tall and wearing patterned jeans, sunglasses, and a baggy gray hoodie that mostly hides his slight middle-aged paunch, points his cigar at me. “You gonna be asking me all these things,” he says. “So let me ask you something first: What do you call a black man who flies an airplane?”

I don’t know.

“You call him a pilot,” says Kelly. “What’s wrong with you?” He laughs. “Gotta keep you off balance,” he says. “Gotta set the tone.”

So let’s do that. Here are some key things to know about R. Kelly. His first name is Robert, he’s 48 years old, and he’s inarguably the biggest male R&B singer since Marvin Gaye. Probably the most talented and sexually explicit, too. He grew up poor and functionally ­illiterate — owing to dyslexia — on Chicago’s South Side, raised mostly by his mother. In his memoir, Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me, he wrote about being sexually abused as a child by a woman from the neighborhood. Around the same time, boarders in his family’s house repeatedly made him take photos of them having sex. When he was 8, he watched helplessly as his first love, Lulu, drowned after bullies pushed her into a creek. At 11, he was shot by thieves trying to steal his bike. The bullet is still in his shoulder.

Kelly was musical from as far back as he can remember, and he began his career on the streets, singing for money in his clear, gorgeous tenor. In 1991, he joined a New Jack Swing group, Public Announcement, and went solo soon after. His debut, 12 Play (as opposed, the logic goes, to a less capable lover’s foreplay), was released in 1993. Since then, Kelly has sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 34 million albums.

He’s been nominated for 25 Grammy Awards and won three. In 2010, Billboard named Kelly the No. 1 R&B and hip-hop artist of the last quarter-­century. In addition to his own batch of 33 sinuous, perfectly arranged top-20 R&B hit singles, and another 17 that achieved the same designation on the pop “Hot 100,” Kelly has collaborated on smashes with Céline Dion and Michael Jackson.

Pitchfork deemed his irresistible “Ignition (Remix)” the 19th-best track of the aughts. He was largely responsible for introducing Aaliyah, Drake’s emotional lodestar, to the world. Even Jim DeRogatis, the former Chicago Sun-Times reporter and pop critic, who has done more than anyone else to spread the word on Kelly’s alleged unlawful sexual behavior, admits: “The man is a musical genius.”

That’s the music. There’s also this: a long list of allegations that Kelly has used his money and power to have sex with minors. In 1994, when Kelly was 27 and Aaliyah was 15, the two were married under a falsified document that stated she was 18. The marriage was quickly annulled and Kelly, who produced Aaliyah’s debut album — called Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number — hasn’t said much about it since, out of, he says, respect for the late singer’s family. (Aaliyah had signed an agreement requiring her to stay silent about the brief marriage.)

In 1996, Kelly was sued for damages by a woman alleging the two began a sexual relationship when she was 15. Kelly settled out of court. In 2001, a similar lawsuit with a similar result. The next year, he was indicted on 21 counts of making child pornography after police came into possession of a video depicting a man resembling Kelly having sex with a young woman. Also in 2002, another lawsuit, this one from a woman claiming both that Kelly impregnated her while she was underage and that one of his associates took her to get an abortion. Kelly settled. That same year, a woman sued Kelly for filming, without her knowledge, the two having sex. Kelly settled. It goes on: at least a half-dozen more lawsuits, followed by settlements, followed by nondisclosure agreements. (There are also reportedly a handful of instances in which Kelly has agreed to payments before lawsuits were even filed. Presumably these, too, involve NDAs.)

Also in 2002, a video, delivered anonymously to DeRogatis’s mailbox, showed a man who looks an awful lot like R. Kelly having sex with a girl alleged to have been about 14 or 15 years old at the time. In the video, which was widely bootlegged, the man is seen urinating in the girl’s mouth. It took prosecutors six years to bring the case to trial. The girl in question refused to testify, and Kelly’s lawyers argued that, as in the 2006 comedy Little Man, in which CGI was used to transpose Marlon Wayans’s head onto a child actor’s body, someone could have faked the tape by digitally replacing another man’s face with Kelly’s. He was acquitted on all charges.

Despite all the allegations — and DeRogatis puts the total number of lawsuits in the dozens — Kelly has never gone to trial for, or even been charged with, statutory rape. Why not? Chicago attorney Susan E. Loggans, who won settlements for multiple Kelly accusers, explains that for the state to prosecute a statutory-rape charge, there needs to be a complaining witness, and there hasn’t been one. “People don’t trust the legal system,” she says. “Everybody wants to see if they can get out of it. You can be on the right side of a case and lose, and that’s devastating. It’s easier to be provided with money and not go through the trauma or risk of a trial.”

And yet. Kelly’s former manager Barry Hankerson once wrote a letter to Kelly’s lawyer in which he said their client needed to get help for his sexual compulsion toward underage girls. The husband of Kelly’s former publicist Regina Daniels told Los Angeles radio station KJLH that Kelly had “crossed a line” with the couple’s daughter. Kelly’s brother, Carey, told radio host Wendy Williams that he was asked to collect phone numbers of girls in the audience at R. Kelly shows even though “they looked underage.” Kelly’s former friend and personal assistant Demetrius Smith wrote a memoir, The Man Behind the Man, in which he wrote: “Underage girls had proven to be weakness. He was obsessed. Sickly addicted.”

For a brief period after his acquittal, Kelly, musically anyway, appeared cowed. Love Letter (2010) and Write Me Back (2012) were both chaste compared with most of his hits and musically humble, homages to classic soul. Divorce was presumably humbling, too. He and his wife, Andrea, who’d publicly supported her husband, divorced in 2009 after 13 years of marriage. The couple has a son, Robert; a daughter, Joann; and a third child, Jay, born Jaya, who announced last year on social media that he’s transitioning from female to male. “He’s a, I dunno what the name of it is,” Kelly tells me. “You love your kids no matter what.”

But in 2013, Kelly let loose. He duetted with Lady Gaga on her racy, unrepentant hit “Do What U Want,” and the two gave a truly bizarre performance at the American Music Awards in which he played the president and she played a secretary dry-humping in the Oval Office. Then he released his own volcanically dirty Black Panties album, featuring songs like “Crazy Sex” and “Marry the Pussy.” The record was like a dare to the world: After all that he’d been accused of, after avoiding conviction, could R. Kelly still get away with making sex-obsessed music?

At the Chelsea studio, Kelly is seated at a desk behind the recording console, a track list and keyboard in front of him. He takes small drags from his cigar. His assistant, a publicist, and a manager sit shoulder-to-shoulder-to-shoulder on a nearby couch. Kelly, who speaks softly and rarely looks my way when he responds to my questions, asks an engineer to cue up a track from the excellent The Buffet — one of 462 songs Kelly says he wrote for the album (13 made the final cut). “I have enough songs to put out six or seven albums a year if I wanted,” he says while fiddling with the track list. Despite his superhuman output, quality control is not a problem, he says, because “feedback comes to me through the people who work for me.”

He admits that on a couple occasions, he’s been told that songs were duds, but he can’t recall which ones because “I’m so buried in all of the great songs that I’ve been fortunate to have out there.” (Kelly is playfully exaggerative on a broad number of topics: An avid pickup-basketball player, he tells me that his jump shot is accurate “to about half-court, so that I don’t have to drive to the hole and worry that someone hits my pretty face.”) The Buffet, Kelly says, has a little something for all of his fans — hence the title — and he “really does believe my music will play until Jesus comes back.”

The engineer clicks a mouse, and Kelly’s insistently seductive voice fills the room. “My lyrics got a big dick / And I just fucked the shit out of you all.” Kelly looks at me, tilts his head, and puts his hands out in Whaddaya think? fashion.

Most of Kelly’s music falls into one of two categories: wholesome, inspirational songs about salvation and God, and filthy ones about freaky sex that often employ imaginatively silly metaphors — cooking (“In the Kitchen”), mountain climbing (“Echo”), space exploration (“Sex Planet”) — for the act of coitus. But the latter outweighs the former by a wide margin: For every “Heaven, I Need a Hug,” a handful of “I Like the Crotch on You,” and a heap of “Feelin’ on Yo’ Booty” for every dash of “U Saved Me.”

He doesn’t release the clean stuff under one name and the dirty stuff under another, the way some artists might. It’s all part of the same complicated persona, and each part of his catalogue informs the other: Listen to enough dirty songs, and a totally clean one like “It’s Your Birthday,” for example, might trick you into anticipating a punch line that never comes. (He brought a birthday gift for you, but it’s not his penis, surprisingly.)

There’s also Kelly’s 33-parts-and-counting rap opera Trapped in the Closet — whose narrative follows Kelly’s character, Sylvester, through a twisted series of events involving cuckolding, a surly dwarf, and a stuttering pimp — which exists in its own wondrous category.

The music on The Buffet doesn’t much resemble the tenser, more emotionally conflicted songs of current R&B hit-makers like the Weeknd, Frank Ocean, or Miguel — all of whom have, let’s say, a more subdued vision of how two people might interact with the lights down low. Kelly isn’t ultrakeen on his younger competition. “R&B should be making love,” he says, stroking his freshly trimmed beard. “It should be sex with a little comical feeling; all that shit when you macking to a girl so you can get with her.”

In other words, R&B is exactly what The Buffet sounds like. Kelly performs beside me as the songs play — cuing imaginary musicians, pumping his fist, mouthing the lyrics, raising his hands to the heavens. When we get to a sex song that uses a marching band as a metaphor, Kelly sings, “Blow me like a tuba!” and does it with such aplomb that I can’t help but laugh, and he smiles, and it’s awkward. Because this moment makes plain the conundrum of R. Kelly: How do you — how do I — listen to his songs, these ingeniously produced, meticulously arranged, incredibly sung songs, after you know what he’s been accused of?

“I don’t think about what people say R. Kelly did do or he didn’t do,” says Charisse, a 38-year-old EMT in a red leather jacket. We’re standing outside Barclays Center in Brooklyn in late September. R. Kelly is playing here tonight, and in a few minutes he’ll deliver a lewd and wildly entertaining show. “He don’t do anything lots of other men don’t do,” Charisse continues. “But because it’s R. Kelly, I’m supposed to be mad about it? There’s a lot of fast girls out there looking for a come-up.” She shrugs. “That’s reality.”

Tia, 34 and pregnant, is here too. She works in wealth management, and her husband is home with their young daughter. “The media overhypes everything,” she says. “If he was found guilty in court, that’s a different thing. But there’s life and there’s music, and I can separate the two.” Her husband can’t. “He refuses to listen to R. Kelly,” she says.

A 40-something man who’s been listening in and who won’t give his name comes up to me and says, “Innocent until proven guilty. This is America,” and walks away.

Kenny is a 33-year-old real-estate agent whose girlfriend bought him R. Kelly tickets for his birthday. He was unaware of any allegations. “I’ve never heard any of that stuff,” he says. “So I guess it doesn’t bother me.”

Of course, R. Kelly has heard that stuff, though at the studio he answers my questions only in roundabout ways. “I’m going to always have the gift along with the curse,” he says, after we’ve finished listening to his album. “I feel like I got a million people hating me, I’ve got maybe 8 million loving me. So I’ve got 9 million talking about me, and in a strange, magical way, it keeps me in the game.”

In 2014, Slate asked, “Why Does Alleged Sexual Predator R. Kelly Still Have a Career?” The year before, the Village Voice ran a conversation with DeRogatis in which he recapped, in wrenching detail, the allegations against Kelly. Online, the piece linked to nearly ten years’ worth of disturbing Sun-Times stories and police reports.

“Why haven’t we reached a Cosby-style tipping point with him?” asks DeRogatis from his office at Chicago’s Columbia College, where he teaches cultural criticism. “R. Kelly had the good sense never to go after a white girl from Winnetka. He didn’t go after Janice Dickinson. He was targeting inner-city black girls. The white world, with some exceptions, did not give a fuck. Certainly not in the way they did about Cosby, who was an actual crossover artist.”

R. Kelly is, of course, not the first popular musician to allegedly be turned on by minors. Elvis began courting Priscilla Beaulieu when she was 14. Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old second cousin. Marvin Gaye impregnated a 16-year-old. But none of them did so under the watchful eyes of the internet and social media. Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page never had to discuss having a 14-year-old girlfriend during his band’s bacchanalian heyday. Kelly, the scope of whose alleged behavior is far beyond that of the aforementioned musicians, had an #askRKelly Twitter Q&A in 2013 that quickly turned disastrous. (Sample question: “On a scale of 1 to 10, how old is your girlfriend?”) His reckoning keeps on rolling but at seemingly no tangible harm to his career.

As best I can tell, many of R. Kelly’s fans don’t care about his alleged past, insofar as they’re even aware of it. And even if they do have some ambivalence, they can stream “Ignition (Remix)” on, say, Spotify, and enjoy Kelly’s music without worrying about putting much money in his pocket. So what, then, is someone like DeRogatis looking for? How should we hear R. Kelly? “People need to be aware of, given the subject matter of his art, what he is really about,” DeRogatis says. “You can despise the individual and appreciate the art, fine, but you need to be aware that you’re making a conscious decision to overlook some very, very bad behavior. You’re either ignorant of what he’s been charged of, or you’ve thought it through and said, ‘That all matters less to me than his cool grooves.’ What I want is for people to at least think about it.”

Kelly isn’t overly concerned with what people think. “You never know who they gonna get next,” he says nonchalantly when I ask if he feels hounded by the press. “I haven’t heard anything negative about me in I don’t know how damn long.” His assistant, who’s fallen asleep on the couch, jerks awake and asks permission to go for a smoke, clutching the duffel bag as he gets up. Kelly makes him relight his cigar first and says, “I choose my circle and keep all the squares out.” I ask if he thinks the media misrepresents him, and he gives a typically oblique answer. “If I take a Tylenol right now in your face, and you don’t know what it is, you might start wondering, am I popping pills? Next I’ll be hearing, ‘I saw him popping pills, he on that shit, girl!’ ”

Throughout our conversation, the multiple phones Kelly keeps in the pocket of his hoodie vibrate every few minutes. “Who the fuck,” he mutters incredulously during one FaceTime call with a woman, “goes to bed wearing makeup?” When his assistant returns, trailed by a bodyguard carrying platters of shrimp, Kelly immediately digs in.

It’s good, but not as good as his favorite. “The McRib,” he says dreamily. “I have people tell me when McDonald’s is offering its limited-time-only menu so I can get one.” Moved by his reminiscence, he starts humming “Mac Tonight,” a jingle set to the tune of “Mack the Knife” from a late-’80s McDonald’s commercial. “Shit,” he says, “I should remix that.” Before he can, he pivots to address a frequent criticism. “People say my lyrics are offensive,” he says. “If that’s offensive, then movies about babies getting snatched up and people getting shot in the head should be called offensive. It’s all entertainment.” He turns to the engineer and says, “Play ‘Sex Time.’ ”

Kelly swears that he’s not intentionally tweaking listeners by releasing music that evokes his alleged real-life deviance. He’s just giving people what they want. Or, as he puts it, “When someone orders a sausage-and-cheese pizza, you don’t give them pepperoni. When their mouths are fixed for some R. Kelly, they want the freaky stuff.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald famously said that the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at once. That, for example, a horrible person might make a wonderful song. That John Lennon, who expressed regret for being “a hitter” in his early relationships, can also be responsible for a song as beautiful as “If I Fell,” or that whatever Michael Jackson did or did not do with underage boys doesn’t turn “Human Nature” into a lie. Songs are better than people. And R. Kelly, in a weird way, through his sex obsession, makes that truth most obvious. The fact that his career hasn’t cratered, despite all the damning allegations, makes it clear that when people are listening to music, they’re not thinking about how powerful men often take terrible advantage of less powerful women. Or about how those men are surrounded by enablers for as long as they remain bankable. Or how the media is not responsive enough when troubling things happen to young black women. Or how legal settlements and NDAs are effective tools for suppressing damaging information. Or that part of the fun for some listeners is in how far a singer might be willing to go, lawyers and good taste be damned. Or how looking for rectitude from coddled celebrities is like looking for rainbows under rocks. Or how at the other end of our quotidian consumer pleasures is often another human being’s pain. So the answer to the question “How do you listen to songs by a singer who may be a bad person?” is devastatingly simple and sad. You just do.

The next time I speak to R. Kelly is a week or so after the Buffet listening session. I call a recording studio in California at seven in the morning West Coast time. A publicist puts him on the phone.

Do you have a sexual attraction to underage girls? I ask.

“That’s a rumor that comes from the Earth, like all rumors,” he says, sounding almost bored.

So it’s not true?

“No. It’s not true. I love women, period. If I wasn’t a celebrity, people wouldn’t be saying these things about me.”

How do you explain people close to you saying that you have a problem?

“I don’t know those people you’re talking about.”

I clarify: his brother, his ex-publicist, his former friend and longtime personal assistant.

“All those people have been fired by me. If you’re going to ask me these questions, you have to make sense out of it. It wasn’t until after they got fired that they said these things. Go figure. I got one life, and I don’t want to spend it talking about negativity. I’ve moved on. Maybe you haven’t.”

It’s not crazy to think that where there’s smoke there’s fire.

“Let’s correct that,” he says. “Smoke can be anything. I’ve seen smoke and then I looked and there was no fire.”

And what about all the settlements? All the rumors?

“I understand the game,” Kelly says. “Get as much dirt as you can on somebody, get it all together, and make it real juicy so we can sell some papers. I understand the job you guys have to do.”

How do you explain the tape that Jim DeRogatis got?

“I don’t have no recollection of none of that. My lawyers handled that, what, eight, nine years ago?”

Do you have a sexual compulsion or problem that you need help with?

“I only have a problem with haters. Other than that, I’m doing well. I feel better than ever with my album The Buffet.”

In your career, you’ve often sung about forgiveness. What do you need to be forgiven for?

“I go to church. I ask for forgiveness. Don’t make a big deal out of R. Kelly saying it in a song. I believe in God. I fear God. I don’t want to go to hell.”

Do you think you might?

“Young fella,” he says, “absolutely.”

*This article appears in the November 16, 2015 issue of New York Magazine.
12948759, Why do you think the outcome of this piece was different than HP?
Posted by daryloneal, Sat Dec-26-15 05:33 PM
12948771, RE: Why do you think the outcome of this piece was different than HP?
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-26-15 06:58 PM

Because they attempted to explain WHY some folks find it hard to quit Robert....

And by bringing up other instances of rockers who have dabbled in young girl/pedo activity it tries to give some historical insight to dude's issues....

But that elephant is too big to ignore.....
12948795, I don't think it should be ignored, but at the same time..
Posted by daryloneal, Sat Dec-26-15 10:19 PM
do these outlets really believe they're going to get a confession out of him?

It's one of those things where if he's really that repulsive, why don't all these outlets just take a stand and refuse to cover him?

Don't interview him at all.

I mean hell, the HP interview, as much of a train wreck as it was, still ended with a plug of his album.

I believe the media has a conundrum of its own.
12948831, RE: I don't think it should be ignored, but at the same time..
Posted by murph71, Sun Dec-27-15 10:03 AM
>do these outlets really believe they're going to get a
>confession out of him?
>
>It's one of those things where if he's really that repulsive,
>why don't all these outlets just take a stand and refuse to
>cover him?

>Don't interview him at all.
>
>I mean hell, the HP interview, as much of a train wreck as it
>was, still ended with a plug of his album.

No...the HP interview was set up to talk about why Kelly felt he was not getting enough support from the black community....By making that the lead topic of the sit-down (HP Live made it known that would be the thrust of the interview to Kellz' folks...) he opened himself up to you know what...

As for why anyone would want to interview Kellz if they had such an issue with his past activities, that's just being naive...It's the same reason you would interview a politician who got caught up in a scandal. Or to an even more extreme degree sitting down with a Charles Manson. As a journalist is not up to YOU to dismiss someone because they were involved with activity that u find repugnant....YOU ARE THERE TO REPORT THE NEWS....

And if the news happens to be the fact that R. Kelly is shitting on his fans for not supporting his album without even taking into account that dwindling album sales may be a result of Kellz just getting old in the market or his past child molestation charges finally catching up to him, then it is what it is....

>I believe the media has a conundrum of its own.
12948873, Let's be honest here. The media chooses what to cover.
Posted by daryloneal, Sun Dec-27-15 02:36 PM
How much coverage did Daniel Holtzclaw get??

The same way they LARGELY ignored that entire case for obvious reasons, they can choose to ignore R. Kelly.

There's ALWAYS a choice.

Whether we like it or not, R.Kelly has been walking free for the past 20yrs since his behavior has been known by the public. The interviews about his cases were already had YEARS ago. Nothing has changed in 2015 other than him making the little video that you speak of.

And that little video isn't major news. His album isn't major news. He's had quite a few since the trials. They can ignore it.

Hell, all of this talk actually made me go check out the album the other day. I probably would have ignored it otherwise, just like I did Black Panties (haven't heard it to this day).

12948980, RE: Let's be honest here. The media chooses what to cover.
Posted by murph71, Mon Dec-28-15 09:29 AM
>How much coverage did Daniel Holtzclaw get??

huh?
12948989, Daniel Holtzclaw. Not familiar??
Posted by daryloneal, Mon Dec-28-15 10:04 AM
You made the point that the media has a job to report the news.

I'm saying that they choose what gets to be news.

Daniel Holtzclaw, the cop who sexually assaulted multiple black women was barely covered by the media.

So yes, coverage is a choice and they can choose not to cover R. Kelly. There is no obligation there.
12949048, RE: Daniel Holtzclaw. got little to no coverage
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Mon Dec-28-15 12:39 PM
and nobody cared
12949723, RE: Daniel Holtzclaw. Not familiar??
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 07:47 AM

Oh...I'm familiar....

It's just apples and oranges...U trying way too hard....lol
12949725, RE: Daniel Holtzclaw. Not familiar??
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 08:09 AM
I mean....let's be clear here....Holtzclaw didn't get major coverage because he was a cop and the majority of the women he raped were BLACK....That's the only reasons....Nothing more, nothing less....

Kellz has only been catching hell lately ONLY because of social media....Because even after that video of him peeing on a little girl leaked, Kelly still had a hit album and a successful tour. He was still invited to perform at the Pitchfork music festival. He was still performing on award shows singing a duet was Gaga on the Grammys...

And a lot of critics have pointed out that Kelly was able to do all of this ^^^^^ the same reason Holtzclaw damn near skated: Kellz' victims were BLACK.....The irony? Holtzclaw is under the jail now....Kellz is still free doing interviews and performing...That's the reason we have seen that strong pushback from the media....

I keep telling u....It's social media that is leading the charge against Kellz. Traditional press is following.....Over the last two years we have seen bloggers, writers, and college organizations go HARD at rape culture...They made Robin Thicke apologize for what they deemed as rapey lyrics on "Blurred Lines"....

If they going at the white boy for some silly lyrics, what do you think they are going to do to Kellz whose entire mystique revolves around sex?
12949735, RE: Daniel Holtzclaw. Not familiar??
Posted by daryloneal, Wed Dec-30-15 08:38 AM
>I mean....let's be clear here....Holtzclaw didn't get major
>coverage because he was a cop and the majority of the women
>he raped were BLACK....That's the only reasons....Nothing
>more, nothing less....

Again, a choice, regardless of the reason, a conscious decision. They don't HAVE to cover Kelly. That's my only point in the comparison here.

>
>Kellz has only been catching hell lately ONLY because of
>social media....Because even after that video of him peeing on
>a little girl leaked, Kelly still had a hit album and a
>successful tour. He was still invited to perform at the
>Pitchfork music festival. He was still performing on award
>shows singing a duet was Gaga on the Grammys...

This was actually the point he made.

>
>And a lot of critics have pointed out that Kelly was able to
>do all of this ^^^^^ the same reason Holtzclaw damn near
>skated: Kellz' victims were BLACK.....The irony? Holtzclaw is
>under the jail now....Kellz is still free doing interviews and
>performing...That's the reason we have seen that strong
>pushback from the media....

He's been free. Nothing has changed.

>
>I keep telling u....It's social media that is leading the
>charge against Kellz. Traditional press is following.....Over
>the last two years we have seen bloggers, writers, and college
>organizations go HARD at rape culture...They made Robin Thicke
>apologize for what they deemed as rapey lyrics on "Blurred
>Lines"....
>
>If they going at the white boy for some silly lyrics, what do
>you think they are going to do to Kellz whose entire mystique
>revolves around sex?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing the man at all. At all. I just don't find the media to be as above critique as you obviously do.

We can keep going on this but that's really what it comes downt to.
12949826, RE: Daniel Holtzclaw. Not familiar??
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 11:12 AM
>>I mean....let's be clear here....Holtzclaw didn't get major
>>coverage because he was a cop and the majority of the women
>>he raped were BLACK....That's the only reasons....Nothing
>>more, nothing less....
>
>Again, a choice, regardless of the reason, a conscious
>decision. They don't HAVE to cover Kelly. That's my only point
>in the comparison here.

They black...

>>
>>Kellz has only been catching hell lately ONLY because of
>>social media....Because even after that video of him peeing
>on
>>a little girl leaked, Kelly still had a hit album and a
>>successful tour. He was still invited to perform at the
>>Pitchfork music festival. He was still performing on award
>>shows singing a duet was Gaga on the Grammys...
>
>This was actually the point he made.
>
>>
>>And a lot of critics have pointed out that Kelly was able to
>>do all of this ^^^^^ the same reason Holtzclaw damn near
>>skated: Kellz' victims were BLACK.....The irony? Holtzclaw
>is
>>under the jail now....Kellz is still free doing interviews
>and
>>performing...That's the reason we have seen that strong
>>pushback from the media....
>
>He's been free. Nothing has changed.

A lot has changed...Kellz now is catching it...Now he can no longer make an appearance or doing an interview without the allegations coming up...He's canceling shows...His album sales are flat...The knives are out...

>>I keep telling u....It's social media that is leading the
>>charge against Kellz. Traditional press is
>following.....Over
>>the last two years we have seen bloggers, writers, and
>college
>>organizations go HARD at rape culture...They made Robin
>Thicke
>>apologize for what they deemed as rapey lyrics on "Blurred
>>Lines"....
>>
>>If they going at the white boy for some silly lyrics, what
>do
>>you think they are going to do to Kellz whose entire
>mystique
>>revolves around sex?

>Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing the man at all. At all. I
>just don't find the media to be as above critique as you
>obviously do.

It's not about what u excuse or don't...It's about the environment we are in NOW...And that environment is not conducive for a R&B artist whose entire thing is anchored in sex...Over the last four years Kellz has released songs about eating the pussy like a cookie; fucking with the lights on...Eating pussy like a buffet, etc, etc...So in this social media era where the usual journalistic gate keepers are DEAD, Kellz will continue to feel that heat....Kellz will continue to have to answer questions about fucking little girls...

And that's less to do with the media choosing to look the other way on some stories and pick on poor Kellz......Just go on the NET and type up rape and see what pops up....folks on Twitter, Instagram, and on all the smaller blogs and other social media outlets are driving the Kellz' story....Not the New York Times or Us Weekly.....

Black Twitter >>>>>> traditional media.....
12949925, We just disagree bro. And that's fine.
Posted by daryloneal, Wed Dec-30-15 01:21 PM
12950116, that cat just doesn't understand bias at all
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-30-15 10:36 PM
because when love letter and write me back was out none of this was being said.

only when his material gets sexually charged again has it made the forefront.

bottom line they pick and choose when they want to get at him, but they can either elect to mess with him or not.

he just got through performing GMC this week, lets see murph explain him performing and interview without any drama? just waiting on this one.
12950158, RE: that cat just doesn't understand bias at all
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-31-15 07:24 AM
Sorry to break it to u Maxx. But the white media isnt driving the Kellz outrage machine...

Its black folks...Black twitter...black writers...black bloggers...ect...Once Kellz shitted on black fans for not supporting his new album, black folks have been going hard at your dude...
12950411, you is as wrong as can be
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Thu Dec-31-15 11:58 PM
because Kellz was speaking about support for this album before it even dropped
and i know on good authority that RCA wigs made him re cut the project and its a different album than what came out
and also again in the interview he was speaking
about Black folks getting support for said projects period.

FYI go to a Kellz show and the majority of folks are Black.

he was talking about how a Adelle and his white counterparts are supported
and get support.

you so far off base it ain't even funny and this came to light because of a sticker on his album, not a word was said when love letter and write me back dropped.

and you is delusional as all get out if you think white folks ain't behind it.

the man been around 2 decades straight on a major label with many platinum, albums, songs and for other artists and has had impact worldwide.

this is R.Kelly not Bobby Valentino or Foster Sylvers.
all Kellz gotta do is have a catchy cut, nobody is taken this serious beyond some folks, because Kellz is steppin in the "D" tonight.
12950162, RE: We just disagree bro. And that's fine.
Posted by murph71, Thu Dec-31-15 08:01 AM
In this case....? Nah....Its black folks driving this...

http://theurbandaily.com/2013/12/10/r-kelly-gets-castigated-by-black-twitter-during-an-askrkelly-twitter-q-a-session-tweets/
12950415, it ain't all black folks and you are generalizing
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Jan-01-16 12:07 AM
and since over 80% of Kellz core is black folks, man you are the math Wizard in here? NOT!

ain't no drive cat still puts out albums, makes music videos, tours, etc.. so you are a delusional hater of all things R.Kelly as usual
12948817, MUSICAL GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 02:54 AM
THE GREATEST R&B ARTIST OF HIS GENERATION. Enough Said.

i been said that many years back.
12948820, PEDOPHILE RAPIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Dec-27-15 05:00 AM
THE GREATEST R&B RAPIST OF HIS GENERATION. Enough Said.

i been said that many years back.
12948842, RAPIST KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by justin_scott, Sun Dec-27-15 11:41 AM
12948851, UNFAILRY TREATED BY THE MEDIA JUST LIKE KING MICHAEL JACKSON
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 12:18 PM
JUST AS THEY DID THE KING MICHAEL JACKSON. ITS HAPPENING TO R.KELLY
12948854, Should be braiding hair for the BGF. Cries about interview questions
Posted by Mynoriti, Sun Dec-27-15 12:34 PM
Though I shouldn't expect a child rapist to behave like anything but the pussy he is
12949710, musical geniuses don't lips sync on the grammys with
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Wed Dec-30-15 03:55 AM
lady gaga singing live...

nope..

nor do they make wack ass shit like trapped in the closet....

lol..
12950412, yes musical genius's have lip synched on all shows
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Fri Jan-01-16 12:01 AM
maybe not those cornball forgettable turkeys you listen to.

because with those turkeys mic plugged in, you still can't understand what they are saying.

i understand you being bitter because them cornballs are forgettable
12948826, mistercumdumpster008 inboxed me
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sun Dec-27-15 09:24 AM
"Subject: turkey you trying to say something?"
"what are you on Murph's payroll or something? alot of stuff goes on in the music industry you would be surprised"

Thanks for the job Murph.
12948828, RE: mistercumdumpster008 inboxed me
Posted by murph71, Sun Dec-27-15 09:53 AM
>"Subject: turkey you trying to say something?"
>"what are you on Murph's payroll or something? alot of stuff
>goes on in the music industry you would be surprised"
>
>Thanks for the job Murph.

No prob...Check in the mail....
12948841, he inboxes me fairly regularly
Posted by justin_scott, Sun Dec-27-15 11:38 AM
i laugh
12948953, I literally LOL'd at this. Hilarious
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Mon Dec-28-15 01:13 AM
12948856, This is the first time
Posted by Numba_33, Sun Dec-27-15 12:50 PM
you've appeared in this thread. What would justify you getting an inbox over something Kells related?
12948875, Check the lesson thread about Prince's new album
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sun Dec-27-15 03:01 PM
12948843, The R. in R. Kelly stands for Rapist
Posted by justin_scott, Sun Dec-27-15 11:41 AM
12948857, R Kelly was the Headliner at SWAC Championship few weeks ago
Posted by maryhattalillamb, Sun Dec-27-15 12:54 PM
Last year Maze and Frankie Beverly closed out the game
This year R Kelly was scheduled to close it out this year but he cancelled due to illness

My 55 year old aunt and her sorors who books the suite had no idea of R Kelly's court cases and couldn't care less. They just wanted to step in the name of love.
12948933, He would have turned that joint out
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Sun Dec-27-15 10:04 PM
he got the feel good cuts.
12949733, RE: R Kelly was the Headliner at SWAC Championship few weeks ago
Posted by murph71, Wed Dec-30-15 08:36 AM
>Last year Maze and Frankie Beverly closed out the game
>This year R Kelly was scheduled to close it out this year but
>he cancelled due to illness

Um...Kellz canceled for a reason.....And it wasn't because he was sick...
12949891, RE: R Kelly was the Headliner at SWAC Championship few weeks ago
Posted by mistermaxxx08, Wed Dec-30-15 12:42 PM
he been doing events what you sound like? keep on sucking on Prince, because you ain't up on all the performances and things that the ARRUH has done.