Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmost useful tool i've found to feel good thru recent upsets in my life
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12945512&mesg_id=12945612
12945612, most useful tool i've found to feel good thru recent upsets in my life
Posted by dba_BAD, Fri Dec-18-15 01:24 PM
has been home improvement

or like

quality of home - in a rented apartment actual hammer and nail home improvement options are limited

but purging through all my shit, dumping what's funky or unused, organizing and rearranging what's left, getting some nice new things

keeping better routines around tidiness, investing in deep cleaning

upgrading things like lighting, hanging new art, addressing neglected repair issues

these things have helped me feel ok more than anything else. still feel pretty shitty some days, but when my sleeves are rolled up on tasks like this, i feel pretty good

---

so looking forward to some time off over the holidays. ironic since i'm staring down the barrel of unemployment some time in spring 2016 - but fuck it the week or whatever is needed and will be nice. excited to continue to manicure my home, and to head out of town for a few days