Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSharon's Sorbet is the best, that mango sorbet from TJ's is official
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12928565&mesg_id=12928579
12928579, Sharon's Sorbet is the best, that mango sorbet from TJ's is official
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Nov-14-15 02:09 PM
Sharon's is so good and they don't use too much sugar, in fact some of them have *one quarter* the sugar of nasty azz haagen daas (probably the worst product on the market). All the flavors are good, I especially like the passion fruit one and you will too if you like tartness with some smoothness and a sweet finish.

That mango sorbet with the Australian mango from Trader Joe's is great, but it's seasonal, which I despise. The Acai sorbet (the OG kind in the purple container) is legit, too, and they actually combine really well.

I am not a big ice cream guy but I have tried most of the brands. It sucks that Godiva no longer makes ice cream, theirs was rich and delicious. I think Magnum is a good bar, lots of good sandwich options. Has anyone tried those weird ice cream sandwiches named after architects and shit? They look interesting but are wildly overpriced. I think Steve's is very good ice cream, McConnell's is pretty good, Bob's is good (but all these are overpriced). The regular B&J shit hits the spot but you can tell the secret ingredients are sugar and fat. Talenti has some decent options, anything they do heavy on caramel (southern butter pecan, salted caramel) is good, pistachio is nice, too, (you can use that, their black cherry and Tahitian vanilla to make a sort of snobbish spumoni).