Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat are some tasty Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt/Sorbet flavors and brands?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12928565
12928565, What are some tasty Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt/Sorbet flavors and brands?
Posted by Case_One, Sat Nov-14-15 01:25 PM
This Blood Orange Sorbet by Private Selection is amazingly tart, sweet, tangy, refreshing and delicious.

12928576, that Hagen Daz limoncello gelato is the truth
Posted by rdhull, Sat Nov-14-15 01:56 PM
>This Blood Orange Sorbet by Private Selection is amazingly
>tart, sweet, tangy, refreshing and delicious.
>
>
>.
>.
12928579, Sharon's Sorbet is the best, that mango sorbet from TJ's is official
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Nov-14-15 02:09 PM
Sharon's is so good and they don't use too much sugar, in fact some of them have *one quarter* the sugar of nasty azz haagen daas (probably the worst product on the market). All the flavors are good, I especially like the passion fruit one and you will too if you like tartness with some smoothness and a sweet finish.

That mango sorbet with the Australian mango from Trader Joe's is great, but it's seasonal, which I despise. The Acai sorbet (the OG kind in the purple container) is legit, too, and they actually combine really well.

I am not a big ice cream guy but I have tried most of the brands. It sucks that Godiva no longer makes ice cream, theirs was rich and delicious. I think Magnum is a good bar, lots of good sandwich options. Has anyone tried those weird ice cream sandwiches named after architects and shit? They look interesting but are wildly overpriced. I think Steve's is very good ice cream, McConnell's is pretty good, Bob's is good (but all these are overpriced). The regular B&J shit hits the spot but you can tell the secret ingredients are sugar and fat. Talenti has some decent options, anything they do heavy on caramel (southern butter pecan, salted caramel) is good, pistachio is nice, too, (you can use that, their black cherry and Tahitian vanilla to make a sort of snobbish spumoni).
12928673, Cosign about the Trader Joe's options
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Sat Nov-14-15 11:38 PM
They have this Cookie Butter ice cream which is amazing.

Another 'regular' brand that makes good ice cream is Blue Bunny. I've seen them at random stores and at WalMart. (Why does sin taste so good. LOL)

But for a non-artisan brand, it's creamy and the flavors are rich.
12928623, talenti gelato: EVERY flavor is amazing...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Sat Nov-14-15 05:16 PM
..and i'm not exaggerating.

every. flavor.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
12928630, Forgot to mention that Alphonso Mango sorbet, that shit FIYA
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Nov-14-15 05:50 PM
12928677, Graeter's
Posted by sectachrome86, Sun Nov-15-15 12:02 AM
Best mint chocolate chip I've ever had, even if it isn't green. I've had other flavors which were great too but I have a hard time getting something besides mint choc chip. Most of their flavors have chocolate chips, and they're the best in the game.
12928678, is that just a midwestern thing?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-15-15 12:04 AM
12928687, I don't think so
Posted by sectachrome86, Sun Nov-15-15 12:52 AM
but it's not carried in every store like Haagen Dazs. I never heard of it living in NJ and only one grocery chain around here in CO carries it.

http://www.graeters.com/where-to-find-us#/map
12928799, it looks like they got it at ralph's and albertson's in cali
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Nov-15-15 12:34 PM
will have to check it out, thanks