Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIn most cases the adulterants are worse than the substance
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12910106&mesg_id=12910628
12910628, In most cases the adulterants are worse than the substance
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Oct-14-15 08:44 AM
I saw a Russian doctor talking about how that nasty krokodril (sp?) crap would be safe for human consumption if it were made properly in a lab instead of some nutjob's kitchen.

Isn't levasimole a thing for like parasites? All kinds of shit goes into coke, another reason it's a nasty drug to do especially on a regular basis. Baby laxative, lighter fluid, etc. The purity is not good in most parts of the world, like I was in Colorado a few years ago and the shit the kids were snorting was maybe 10% coke.

The coke thing in the NHL is a touchy thing. Last year I almost wrote a story on two players (one of whom has since been in the news) and their coke use but it would have used a lot of iffy sources, burned a lot of bridges and generally been some snitch shit. Now it's all over the news. I feel like the whole "cocaine use is up" seems like it may be suspect because in the ten years I've had any kind of contact with the league, it seems like a good number of guys were doing it (and in the 70s and 80s we know a lot were, too, remember the Sandersons and Fuhrs and so on).

The thing I don't like now is that the league had a very progressive drug policy and now I think that will become more conservative. I am all for a more hands-on approach from teams and more education/counseling programs. But I don't think they should try to chase a moving target with a bunch of extra testing and sanctions and stuff.