Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou send a check, they go weeks without cashing, does interest accrue?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12895265
12895265, You send a check, they go weeks without cashing, does interest accrue?
Posted by Jon, Sun Sep-13-15 08:58 AM
Family member recently got a decent job, sent a thousand dollars to pay off a chunk of a debt in collections that is accruing interest fast, and the lawyer she sends the checks to has been sitting on it for like 3 weeks now, the money hasn't been taken. Can this cat just hold it indefinitely and watch interest continue to rise on her?
12895266, no.
Posted by ndibs, Sun Sep-13-15 09:00 AM
if they have proof of payment/mailing AND they're willing to raise hell go to court over it.

otherwise probably yes.
12895268, why do u need to pay a debt thru a lawyer? i'd say yes though
Posted by thegodcam, Sun Sep-13-15 09:15 AM
how is the company that is owed money suppose to know when the check was made to them? if somebody gives me a check today with a valid date for a month before, the truth is i only had access to said money today and not a month earlier... not to mention that i dont know if the person wrote the check this morning with a false date on it....
12895294, does the lawyer hold the debt?
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Sep-13-15 12:48 PM