Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOkMommies: Grandmas
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12891522
12891522, OkMommies: Grandmas
Posted by JellyBean, Thu Sep-03-15 09:44 AM
Can we talk about grandmas for a minute? Your mom/his mom

tell me about the dynamic between your child and his/her grandma(s).

Grandmas Age(s)
Child(ren's) Age(s)
Which grandma do they like more?
How often they see each other
What your relationship is like with grandma?

Sometimes it seems like dueling mommies...
12891576, *crashes party*
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu Sep-03-15 10:21 AM
>Can we talk about grandmas for a minute? Your mom/his mom
>
>
>tell me about the dynamic between your child and his/her
>grandma(s).
>
>Grandmas Age(s):
Paternal Granny= 65; Maternal Granny = 58(I think, maybe younger)

>Child(ren's) Age(s)

Will be 3 in October

>Which grandma do they like more?
Can't tell yet....neither Granny has spent a great deal of time with her until this week honestly. I done posted about that before though...lol... so yeah...Over the past two weeks she's spent 2-days with my parents and now she's on day 4 with my wife's mom. I feel like it's going to boil down to which granny she feels like she can manipulate more...and which one is better at entertaining. So far, they both fail at keeping her entertained IMO...

>How often they see each other?
See above...BUT...I will say that my wife's mom puts a greater effort towards using technology to get face time with her. They will Google Hangout Video chat every Sunday. So when my daughter saw her in person on Sunday the first thing she said was "I DON'T HAVE TO HUG YOU ON THE TABLET!! YAAY!" yeah...I bout cried at that...

>What your relationship is like with grandma?
Me & my mom & my M.I.L. are good. I don't really be conversing with my M.I.L. like that...because she's standard Detroit non-chatty type...but we cool. My wife on the other hand...how can I put this...she "tolerates" her mom. She's cool with my mom though..

>Sometimes it seems like dueling mommies...

Not yet...hints of it...but they kinda put it on US. Like i've spoke on before...they aren't proactive about coming to visit us...they want US to bring the little to THEM. that's a whole other post though...

"Get ready..for your blessing..."
12891673, Sure thing
Posted by DVS, Thu Sep-03-15 11:34 AM
>Can we talk about grandmas for a minute? Your mom/his mom
>
>
>tell me about the dynamic between your child and his/her
>grandma(s).

My children love both my mother and their maternal
>
>Grandmas Age(s)
70s

>Child(ren's) Age(s)
9 and 5
>Which grandma do they like more?
Neither. They love them both

>How often they see each other
My mom lives out of town so maybe 3 times a year. Her mom lives in town but maybe 12-15 times a year

>What your relationship is like with grandma?
I kind of accept her mom for what she brings. She's not as active as either of us would like, but her mom has looked out on more than one occasion and that's kind of enough for me.
>
>
>Sometimes it seems like dueling mommies...

I don't have that problem, thank God.