Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI understand
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12889195
12889195, I understand
Posted by BabyYoda, Fri Aug-28-15 06:47 PM
>I'm just telling you as a woman that actually dates men...to
>a man that doesn't (I'm assuming) that a lot of what you're
>saying isn't the case for most women nowadays. Sure women have
>to take responsibility for whatever role they may play in
>this, but i would say that lowered standards is more of an
>issue than women expecting too much. Of course there are other
>factors that come into play, but for most women that are like
>27+ a lot of what you're saying isn't accurate and there are
>plenty of women that don't necessarily fall into the category
>that you're talking about. *shrug*
>
>If you're in your 40s then yes you may see things differently
>because when you were around my age the game was different and
>women did seem to have the upper hand a Lil more than men I
>won't even disagree with that. But nowadays in 2015 the dating
>game is totally different. Idk how it is for 40 yr olds, but
>what I'm saying is mostly true for women/men in their late
>20s/early-mid 30s. Like a lot of dudes don't even want to take
>women on real dates anymore lol its rough out here for a lot
>of women and the pickings are slim.

I see things through my own lens, just like yourself and anyone else. One thing I do not want to do is argue against other people's experiences. In addition, I don't expect you to agree with my points, but I do hope that you will at least try to understand my perspective because what I experience with women is actual, factual and real to me.

I made several points discussing the need for people to stop shaming people who are having a difficult time finding a mate and/or those who are single. I also stated a few times that there is nothing wrong with being single. I even shared a personal account that I am single and it is by choice. Yes, I make efforts to date women and establish relationships, but I also use more discretion when I do so because I am at a certain stage in my life where I feel I can not afford to invest time, effort, emotion and finances in someone who is not worthy. What I will add that as much as I have my own sets of standards and expectations, I do make concessions or will make them on some things w/o compromising my basic necessities. In essence, I will only deal with women who has the basics covered that I expect from them in addition to some other attributes, but the basics need to be covered! I used to compromise on the basics and the shit is taxing!

So, I contend that whatever situation I am dealing with or whatever situation the women I am dealing with is in, the both of us have choices and we will exercise said choices at our discretion until we get what we want. If that means that we hit it off, then great. If not, then cool. We all want what we want when we want it with whoever we want it with.

I guess we can simply agree to disagree which is cool, but I vehemently believe that we have choices. I also feel the same about personal accountability. In all, when I decide that I need a specific individual in my life, then I will do what I do in order to have them in my life, assuming they will let me.