Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGlad to hear that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12889052
12889052, Glad to hear that
Posted by BabyYoda, Fri Aug-28-15 01:47 PM
>i embrace that i wasnt forced to marry a 50 year old man when
>i was a teenager.
>
>i embrace that even now, i could take a homeless man off the
>street, clean him up, and make him my husband. or i could wait
>for someone that i feel is more suitable and hope he finds me
>suitable as well. those are both choices.
>
>i also embrace the fact that there are things i cant control.
>that homeless dude might reject me. the guy i wait for might
>end up being abusive. i can only shift and adjust based on
>what comes back to me from my efforts. but the reality is that
>i do not have complete control over my romantic life. no one
>does. which is my point.

As for your last point, of course we have no control over other people's thoughts and actions towards us. But, that doesn't translate to not having control over our romantic lives. I can admit that I am single by choice because I refuse to settle, not to mention, I have become even more selective on who I deal with on a romantic level.

I have learned that not every person I communicate with, meet, greet, etc. is worth my time and effort. Also, because I am coming to an age where health could be an issue down the line, in addition to my career situation, if I am going to deal with someone, then they need to be at a certain level that I find acceptable, otherwise it will not work.

Lastly, I understand about nuances and other circumstances which makes dating and relationships difficult to establish, but I also understand that it is a part of the game that I have to learn to accept and deal with because if I don't, then I will end up going crazy. Life has its challenges, but it comes down to how you deal with said challenges. In the meantime, I got a mortgage, taxes, utilities, bills, groceries and other obligations that need to be tended to. That is a fact! Dating and relationships, although is desired and is a priority will take a back seat, if it becomes to emotionally and financially taxing. I literally have no time for bullshit nor bullshitters. Either someone who comes into my life choose to rock with me and accept me for me or chooses to not do so and move on.

Btw, whatever is going on in your romantic life, I wish you well. Thanks for the respectful dialogue. :-)