Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot sure what is finny, but ok.."Lol"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12888695
12888695, Not sure what is finny, but ok.."Lol"
Posted by BabyYoda, Thu Aug-27-15 07:20 PM
>that line of thinking is simplistic and inaccurate.

How so, besides who is to say that this should be complex? As for inaccuracy, we can most definitely agree to disagree.

>thats basically implying that married women chose to be
>married so they got married. and unamrried women chose to be
>single so they dont marry.

Basically, it is what it is. Are you suggesting that women are forced to be married and had no choice in the matter? If so, who forced them and what recourse of action would have been taken against them, if they refused to marry their spouse? Same goes with single women? Who forced them to be single?

>inaccurate because women who are more indifferent to marriage
>tend to make it happen easier than women who are eager for it,
>because these women tend to scare men away with their
>desperation.

Your assertions did not disprove anything I said. Women who are indifferent to marriage ain't tripping if they marry or not, but that has nothing to do with their ability or inability to find a man. As for certain eager women claiming to scare men off, well perhaps those men did not consider them to be marriage material for themselves? Also, if they were scared off, them that tells me that they listened to their gut rather than her but and dodged a bullet. Believe it or not, but some women are not worth the hassle and headache that some of them bring into the game. I am sure the same can be said about men.
>
>the reality is EVERY woman chooses to be single until she
>finds someone she can love and who can LOVE HER BACK enough to
>marry her.

Ok, so what was it again that I said that was inaccurate? I said that women choose to be single. I never said that being single is bad. I know that singledom can be the best thing for anyone, especially if they are going through some personal issues.

>so its about numbers, timing, AND choices.

I made my point quite clear. I somewhat defended single women in a prior post addressed to Legs stating that it isn't right nor fair to shame someone who is single at a certain age. Shit happens and people get into as well as out of situation at different stages of their lives.

>there are plenty of women who have no standards, and will take
>any man that comes her way. there are plenty of women who stay
>in fucked up relationships just to say they have a man. this
>is also under the banner of "choosing to be married."

All of which are choices. Besides what is deemed to be no, low to high standards is relative. But, it is their choice to make, good or not.

>single women dont need sympathy, but we also dont need ppl to
>assume theres something wrong or wrongER with us because we
>are single.

I agree. They certainly won't get it from me. What a woman does or do it with has nothing to do with me nor is it any of my business. I only concern myself with me and mines as well as those who chose to deal with me. The rest are on their own. They get what they get, good or bad.

>as for myself and i'm sure for most others, its a combination
>of factors. ive made good choices with dating and i've made
>bad choices. just like anyone else. i will keep improving
>myself and making better choices, but ultimately i know that
>when the right man comes along, whatever is "wrong" with me or
>whatever "bad decisions" i might make wont really matter like
>they did with the men who were wrong for me.
>
>
I honestly don't understand what you disagreed about my post? I don't believe in shaming someone who chooses to be single. I don't even say anything about those who are in relationships. To each one's own is what I live by. Perhaps your issue lies with those who really don't know your situation or don't care enough to know. Not sure.