Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlol @ "choosing to be single"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12888675
12888675, lol @ "choosing to be single"
Posted by NikaMandela, Thu Aug-27-15 05:49 PM
that line of thinking is simplistic and inaccurate.

thats basically implying that married women chose to be married so they got married. and unamrried women chose to be single so they dont marry.

inaccurate because women who are more indifferent to marriage tend to make it happen easier than women who are eager for it, because these women tend to scare men away with their desperation.

the reality is EVERY woman chooses to be single until she finds someone she can love and who can LOVE HER BACK enough to marry her.

so its about numbers, timing, AND choices.

there are plenty of women who have no standards, and will take any man that comes her way. there are plenty of women who stay in fucked up relationships just to say they have a man. this is also under the banner of "choosing to be married."

single women dont need sympathy, but we also dont need ppl to assume theres something wrong or wrongER with us because we are single.

as for myself and i'm sure for most others, its a combination of factors. ive made good choices with dating and i've made bad choices. just like anyone else. i will keep improving myself and making better choices, but ultimately i know that when the right man comes along, whatever is "wrong" with me or whatever "bad decisions" i might make wont really matter like they did with the men who were wrong for me.