Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe reality may be more that there is a shortage of men period
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12888632
12888632, The reality may be more that there is a shortage of men period
Posted by Atillah Moor, Thu Aug-27-15 04:12 PM
So this statement may not be accurate:

>A lot or black men aren't marriage material because they can't keep >or hold the sort of jobs necessary to support a family because they >never finished hs or have criminal records.

>It just a reality. I'm not saying these guys are bad, but they're >not trying to marry anyone and that's a reality.

41,777,674 black folks as of 2013

25.7% of the black population is at or below poverty which in and of itself does not equate to records or jail time, but I digress.

So that's some 10 million some odd people written off the majority of which are women if the propaganda piece is to be believed so there's likely a shortage of men just in that group alone.

So of about 31,040,812 people above poverty-- again the majority of which are women and that would seem to indicate a shortage of black men. The majority of which are likely successful as It's also been proven that more black men are in college than in jail and overall only about 2% of black people marry other ethnic groups.

I'd wage there are more white women than men as well.