Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSeveral reasons.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12887573&mesg_id=12887646
12887646, Several reasons.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Aug-26-15 12:27 PM
It depends on who the guy is, but as a whole, it tends to lead to typical gender wars. "Y'ALL men aren't focused enough" "Y'all men don't want to settle down" "Maybe if y'all wanted to date Black women instead of only wanting a White or Asian girl" "Y'all don't even make it to college" "Y'all get locked up."

And of course, that turns into us being defensive in some way, and if we tell them that we don't represent those types, it's "well y'all need to be helping your fellow Black men because they are still lost, even if you aren't."

It's also a major shot to the Black men who never got play from Black women, and many of them even have a Mike Jones attitude about it all. "Y'all used to chase thugs and all the wrong guys, but now you're older and single, and blaming us, when you could have had us before." I've met plenty guys who fit this bill...some got zero play growing up or even in college because they didn't have the personality, style, or anything to attract women...and now, they have a great career, and seem to still have something against (Black) women.

Additionally, most men tend to know women who are single for reasons that aren't just due to statistics, yet we feel the stats may be a copout for SOME of the women. I know some women who are so focused career-wise, that they don't seem to entertain any men who are out there. Or, those women who actually attract great men, but they seem to find a problem with literally every man who is into them. Of course, they shouldn't just be into a guy because he wants them...but when EVERY, every every single guy who tries seems to have something wrong in their eyes? It's just harder for us to feel sympathy or believe it's truly about statistics.

I can go on and on, but yeah. For me, personally? I feel that it's a mixture of everything, but the root cause isn't the fault of Black men OR women. It's a much deeper argument and issue, but the fact that Black men aren't as educated or focused isn't because we're naturally born to be lazy or shiftless.