Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt wasn't about the movies, but this is how I see it....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12879789&mesg_id=12880237
12880237, It wasn't about the movies, but this is how I see it....
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Aug-14-15 01:05 PM
Boyz and Menace just had some true emotional endings, along with showing everything else that was really going on. They both end on a depressing note, which could somehow affect folks who are actually dealing with the same shit. Compare that to Friday, which could bring the exact same audience, but not a single person would leave with that same type of mindframe.

Boyz/Menace were two and four years before Friday, and I didn't even hear as much about fights/shootings happening after Menace, but I can just imagine Boyz being a combo of everything bad. It was before the Riots, and dealt with true Red/Blue issues. That, plus having active ass gang members all in the same theater to see it, is a bad combo of things, which is why there were several fights and 1-2 shootings.

So I'm not at all saying it was directly bc of the movie, but I can see it playing a part depending on who's there. I have seen almost every L.A. movie since Baby Boy in the theaters, and yeah, folks will really yell out shit during the movie, based on what's going on. Even Drumline had me dead...they said "you will wear white tees, and you will be called crabs." This Crip dude yelled out "WHAT? FUCK THIS SHIT, CUZZZ!!!!!!!" Everyone just laughed, but imagine somebody sayin "FUCK CRABS!!" right after that...yeah. It's all dumb as shit but possible.