Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecttrying to enter the work force again has been really difficult.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12871128&mesg_id=12871128
12871128, trying to enter the work force again has been really difficult.
Posted by RobOne4, Tue Aug-04-15 12:56 PM
I have been a stay at home dad now for almost 5 years. Before this I ran warehouses. 10 years of experience in management. My son is entering 1st grade in a couple of weeks and will be in school full time. So now I am able to get a part time job. I have been applying all summer trying to take anything available. School janitor, fast food worker, cleaning offices, retail, night time stocker, anything. What is really killing me is all the applications are online and have required fields. So the minute I put my job history and wage history I am fucked.

This is the really funny part. I couldnt find my resume on my laptop so I logged into my old careerbuilder account to get it. In doing so I accidentally activated my resume and I have had 3 different companies call me for an interview. Basically I can land interviews for management positions without applying. But I cant get a call back to tear tickets at the local theater.