Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHer arrest was totally legal.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12865748&mesg_id=12866262
12866262, Her arrest was totally legal.
Posted by josetheplumber, Wed Jul-29-15 10:16 AM
>she should not be dead, let alone arrested. So that is where
>the investigation needs to be focused, not conspiracy... but
>why was she handled that way in the car?

From what I googled, in Texas, an officer can "detain" (remove from their vehicle and place in handcuffs) any person for any reason while making a traffic stop. Even for something as simple as changing lanes with no blinker.

Why did she have to
>get out of the car?

He did not need to give her a reason why she needed to step out the car. He did not need to justify himself according to the way the Texas law is written.
He felt the need to detain (not arrest but detain in handcuffs) her for some reason. It is the responding officers judgement call.

Why were there no miranda rights read to
>her before the cop said she was arrested.

Ehhhhh, I don't think you need to have your Miranda rights read to you as soon as you are arrested. The way it works is, bring you say BEFORE your rights are read to you can be held against you in court.
This is not Law & Order SVU

>Video of aafter means nothing to me when she should not have
>been there in the first place.

A cop can put you in jail for a speeding ticket if he wants to. It would be dumb but he can do it. In Virginia, if you do like 26+ MPH over the speed limit you MUST go to jail. Like that's state law or something crazy.

Don't hate the player, change the game!