Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectalright...dumb question here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12859854&mesg_id=12863749
12863749, alright...dumb question here
Posted by double negative, Sat Jul-25-15 08:30 PM
i still dont see what the big deal is

considering that the rules have changed significantly and now that hip hop has become very big business I cannot understand why it is a negative to use ghost writers if the aim is to keep the ship afloat. (drake is not rapping for yall, fuck it, jay is not rapping for yall. at a point you just want to not fuck up the business of what you do)

at that level given the fact that a lot of people can eat off a high level artist it makes all the sense to keep the momentum up

the whole purist angle is moot in this arena

you cant have one without the other. you cant operate at a grand scale and expect one person to be that consistently profound

some people maybe and even then its really very hard to bottle that lightning

if you want to take the purist angle then you should also be upset that the four elements are not present.

this is hip hop derived music. Drake is definitely Pop and thats fine but pop is calculated form of music, it takes a team of smart and talented people to write in that lane.

if you want straight up pure lyricism then you mgiht want to listen to some mixtapes or something underground and call it a day.

if drake was not as high profile then I would be shocked that he doesnt write everything.

for the record outside of about 5 drake songs I cant stand his shit or shit that kinda sounds like it.....i have old head ears at this point

i hate this thread.