Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe only L in this post is y'all Stanning..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12859854&mesg_id=12863575
12863575, The only L in this post is y'all Stanning..
Posted by Kira, Sat Jul-25-15 11:35 AM
Jay Electronica and Stic.Man gave Nas an assist but Nas' legacy is intact.

Yeezus and Pharrell gave Hov reference tracks during Fade to Black. Yeezus performed Lucifer spitting the verse showing Hov how to flow to the track... Hov's legacy is in tact.

Craig Mack allegedly ghostwriting for Big.
Drake gave Hov a reference track for off that....

Do you want me to keep going? None of the OGs legacies are hurting because they received reference tracks. DO BETTER than this fuckery.

You're believing a man that got that thing put in his mouth and was forced to smile for the camera after disrespecting Pac on the west coast? None of this counts because it's not conclusive evidence. If ANY of Drake's first five albums were ghostwritten then I'll take the L, gladly. Until then it's hearsay from a bunch of people mad Drake had the nerve to say you don't need to rush to NYC to make it during a Sprite commercial. Flex and Hot 97 hurt because Drake spit that real.

I'm not hurt by any of this because it's NONE of Drake's material. Joell Ortiz said everyone gets help from their friends so this is a non story. At least Drake gave his friend credit instead of shafting him like some artists do. Drake bounced ideas off someone for a grand total of 30 minutes in studio and gave them credit.

Do y'all fully understand how reference tracks work? Honest question.