Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI want to ask a question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12859667&mesg_id=12860075
12860075, I want to ask a question
Posted by JellyBean, Wed Jul-22-15 10:01 AM
I however do not want a snarky TOKP response.

I'm all for #blacklivesmatter, I'm also for #alllivesmatter...but do black lives matter to black people?

I live in a community where black people kill/harm each other every day...and when I say every day, I mean EVERY FUCKING DAY.

How can we expect people to feel like black lives should matter, if we as a people don't give a fuck about them?

let's be real, you'll see US walking around with Free Jon Jon t-shirts knowing full well that Jon Jon shot Quan in cold-blood over a dice game or you know good and damned well that if a baby gets hurt by a stray bullet and we all know who shot the gun, they still won't turn that guy in because #nosnitching

We want to get up in arms over police brutality(which we should and have every right to be) but we won't get up in arms over those things. We won't fight for the countless children who are victimized by the community in which they live. We continue to kill ourselves, we will never convince anyone that our lives matter if every news story about #blacklivesmatter is followed or preceded by a story about us killing each other or us standing in line for a fucking pair of jordans.

I want to add that I did NOT click the links in the OP.