Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI got a great SMB memory, man....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12859568&mesg_id=12859630
12859630, I got a great SMB memory, man....
Posted by CaptNish, Tue Jul-21-15 04:38 PM
I moved to a new house when I was 10 years old, and there was this dude in the new neighborhood who was like 8 or so years older than us who was like the cat everyone on the block looked up to. And he'd shoot hoops with us, but never really fucked with the kids in the neighborhood. So one day we're shootin' Horse and somehow Nintendo comes up and he's talking about how he beat SMB and I'm like, "Yeah, and?" because I was masterful at the game. And he was like, "You think you could beat the game before me?" and I was like, "easy." So, he invites me into his house to have this showdown. It was like straight out of an 80s film. He wouldn't let any of the other neighbor kids in his house, so they're all in the front window and door relaying updates to the kids that can't see like they're calling the World Series. But it was no contest. I had this dude beat, showing him patterns he never noticed and just running game. So he gave mad respect, and we became good friends. He kinda took me under his arm like a little brother. I swear it was like the cliche'd early 90s movie story, but in real life.

Still friends with that dude. He's all into Spartan Runs and shit. It's mad annoying. lol

To answer your question, probably around 8.