Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectColorism/light-skin privilege are actual things that Zoe benefits from.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12850900&mesg_id=12851018
12851018, Colorism/light-skin privilege are actual things that Zoe benefits from.
Posted by no_i_cant_dance, Sat Jul-11-15 01:49 PM
That's not a projection at all, people just don't like acknowledging it or addressing its harmful effects.
I don't think Zoe's experience is an average Black girl coming of age story & there's nothing wrong w/ that...Further, 26 is grown as fuck so do better lol. She wants to learn more about Blackness/her heritage, awesome BUT don't insult Black people/our vast cultural outputs/our intelligence in the process.

As far as her high school experience, being around rich white kids will have you fucked up out here every time lol. Zoe Kravitz, chubby??...receipts are required b/c I doubt she was ever chubby. I know she suffered from an eating disorder tho & part of that is b/c holding yourself to white beauty standards will make you ill, literally.