Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAny white person calling an Af-Am person the N word...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12846266&mesg_id=12847238
12847238, Any white person calling an Af-Am person the N word...
Posted by Kira, Tue Jul-07-15 10:44 AM
... is dehumanizing them (us). At some point dude had to defend himself and felt the need to. For anyone responding with neagtivity put yourself in his situation. You at a bar getting punched, kneed in the stomach/groin AND called a derogatory term that dehumanizes you. No one in the bar does anything. What do you do?

He gets DRAGGED through the mud and she gets to go on a sympathy tour and receive little to no recourse from this as well. Good for her as I'm sure life her future prospects are bright.

The clear loser in this situation is the QB but I'm failing to see a way out of the situation that isn't shitty for him. If she lets it go then she goes to the bouncers and this turns into QB gets into a fight with bouncers.

*EDIT for clarity*

ME personally in this situation? I'm saying excuse me or behind you prior to approaching the bar. If she throws the first punch I'm walking away. Anything after that is in the lord's hands. WE GON PRAY that everyone is a good person and understands that you shouldn't say certain things to certain people, take additional action, and hid behind certain privileges.