Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou just made the argument for punching kids in the face.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12846266&mesg_id=12847094
12847094, You just made the argument for punching kids in the face.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jul-07-15 09:12 AM
specifically.

>What are you basing this statement on? Is it too much force
>because she is a woman, or just too much force in general?
>If we replace the woman with another football player, is it
>still to much force?

I think it's too much force in general given the size difference and the weak ass slow no form punch she threw. If a guy of a similar build threw a similar punch, after laughing his ass off, he should have walked away Especially, given who he is in life.

>
>To me, it looks to me like he responded with equal force. He
>was just better at punching than she is.

See your standard is retaliatory as oppose to defensive. I think its clear his punch was retaliation (because she hit him) and not defensive (to protect himself and get out of the situation). Would you agree?

>Just like if it was a shootout. The fact that you hit your
>target and the other guy missed doesn't mean that you used
>more force.
>The whole logic of having to assess the potential strength and
>fighting ability of your attacker before striking back is
>dumb.

Yet we do it all the time. If a child hit you, wouldn't you agree that you don't have the right to strike back retaliatory? A senior citizen? A disabled person?

And you can think I am fcuked up for comparing women to children, old people and disabled people but I am not comparing all women. Just this woman. If Their sizes were equal or she showed real fighting ability I think I would see this differently. Conversely, if the agressor was a frail man throwing a similar punch I think I would see it the same.

I think my assessment is thoroughly consistent.

>
>The appropriateness of a course of action should be the same
>no matter what the gender, size, strength, etc. of the
>aggressor.

If that is the rule then I should be fucking up these kids on the playground.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're