Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGuy finds out his fiancee's homeboy used to sex her down in college
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12843397&mesg_id=12843397
12843397, Guy finds out his fiancee's homeboy used to sex her down in college
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Here's a situation my boy just told me about. Of course, it is a bit similar to The Best Man, but still it's own thing.

My boy Deron (names has been changed to protect the innocent/guilty) has been with his girl, Jessica, for a good two years. Maybe a year ago, she had a party, and introduced him to Rico, who's one of her close friends from college. Jessica is pretty damn fine, like almost model type, but strictly corporate. Deron never suspected anything, as both of them only acted friendly around each other, and Rico even helped him plan her birthday before they were close.

A few months ago, Deron proposed to Jessica, and all was well. Rico texted both of them saying congrats, and eventually, Rico became closer with him. Because of this, Deron meets some of Rico's friends, including some who knew Jessica as well...but had no idea about Deron and Jessica.

Somehow, word got to Deron that Rico and Jessica used to be friends with benefits back in college, which is 8 years ago at this point. He doesn't get much detail, but hears that they were never a couple, just that they had sex a few times. Deron doesn't confront Rico about it at all, and goes straight to Jessica. She completely downplays it, basically saying "that was so long ago, and we were just friends then, it wasn't even intimate." She assures him that Rico hasn't even tried to take it there with her in over 5-6 years, but Deron is still torn up about it all.

It's been a good month since Deron found out, and he hasn't even mentioned it to Rico. He told me he's more mad at Jessica than anything, but he hasn't broken off the engagement, or ceased friendship with Rico...he just doesn't trust them nearly as much, and is even suspicious that Rico would still go for it if she was with it.

I really don't know what to tell him...I feel that it was too long ago to matter, but I know how folks operate. I've met Rico a few times, and he seems like a cool square more than anything, but it would be hard to trust, mainly because both of them kept it from me.

Poll question: Guy finds out his fiancee's homeboy used to sex her down in college

Poll result (54 votes)
Deron is wrong (10 votes)Vote
Rico is wrong (1 votes)Vote
Jessica is wrong (27 votes)Vote
Rico and Jessica are wrong (7 votes)Vote
It's just sex/I'm White (9 votes)Vote