Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhat's your MO with unwanted street dealers?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12820248
12820248, What's your MO with unwanted street dealers?
Posted by jesustrauss, Tue Jun-02-15 04:09 PM
Two weeks ago I stopped by a neighborhood corner store, where guys hang out outside most of the day everyday. Some very small smalltalk was made as I was walking in ("hellos") and on the way out one guy pulled me aside and offered me some "white".

Last night, as I was about to pay and walk out of another similar corner store, a young man leaned inside to say it was his birthday and asked if I'd buy him a $1 ice cream sandwich. Prolly not his birthday, but I bought it. As I'm standing outside for about 2 minutes before we leave (me, a man, with three women friends) he thanks me for the ice cream, then asks me if I want some crystal. I don't. He asks again 1 minute later. I still don't. He asks if I have any friends who might want it. Nope. I wished him a happy birthday again and we crossed the street. 5 minutes later he catches up to us and asks me again.

OKP: how do you politely but effectively decline the drugs?
12820265, "Everyone I know has their drugs delivered"
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-02-15 04:16 PM
"We don't buy drugs on the street in this neighborhood, homie. But good luck."

^ i said that to a guy who offered to sell me some crack on a sidewalk in Chicago's Boystown.
12820270, But what neighborhood DO you buy drugs on the street from?
Posted by jesustrauss, Tue Jun-02-15 04:24 PM
12820277, in Chicago?
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-02-15 04:26 PM
several spots on the West Side along the Eisenhower Expressway.

read this: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140101/news/140109859/
12820286, i wasn't quite tryina go there, but i appreciate you engaging me
Posted by jesustrauss, Tue Jun-02-15 04:35 PM
i was mostly just fuxing with the response

>"We don't buy drugs on the street in this neighborhood, homie. But
>good luck."

cuz it implies you'd be interested about the rando drug street hollers elsewhere. like, what if the person said "oh yeah? where can i find you that you WILL buy from me?"

but nevermind all that. cuz $10k/day aint a joke. I hope you're getting breaded out on that case.
12820287, we had drugs delivered.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-02-15 04:38 PM
the point was 'we' in that area didn't need to buy our drugs on the street b/c the dealers would come to us. so that dealer wasn't gonna make much coin standing on a sidewalk in Lakeview whispering about rocks. he'd be better off in some other neighborhood where ppl go to buy drugs on the street.

and $10K/day in heroin sounded like a fantastical amount to me. i was stunned! i felt like i was in the wrong business. but then, maybe not. b/c i've never been charged w/murder like that guy i represented.
12820267, LETS TALK BOUT IT GA DAMN IT
Posted by Big Kuntry, Tue Jun-02-15 04:17 PM
This weekend it's like 6 of us and we leaving this day party.
One of the chicks stops to look at the new mural they're putting up & she's talkin bout it.

This white boy approaches me & ask me some dumb shit initially...I can't remember.

Then he taps me on my shoulder and ask me if I know where he can get some "snowball" & said that he was suppose to be meeting someone to buy an 8th but they got scared or something. I tell him no & this muthafucka says, "Are you sure?" AM I SURE?! Hell yeah I'm sure, Opie.

*i just realized this the inverse of what you talkin bout but, fuck it*
12820273, lol...this shit sound like the intro scene to Snow on the Bluff or something
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-02-15 04:25 PM
12820387, LOL....I've been there...
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Jun-02-15 06:03 PM
Back when I was in high school there was this one time when
I caught the bus to downtown and soon as I got off the bus, this
female version of Shaggy rollt up on me like, "Hey, do you know where I can score any blow?"...

NoDrwals: http://i.imgur.com/boWNUvU.gif

Shaggy: I'm sorry, hey...stereotypical association!...*shrugs and walks off*

Just then, I came to terms with the fact that I had my 1st Chappelle moment(c)That was racist from KillinThemSoftly
12820283, nah, i'm good
Posted by John Forte, Tue Jun-02-15 04:34 PM
12820285, ^^ those exact words.
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Jun-02-15 04:35 PM
12820288, *ends post here*
Posted by kingjerm78, Tue Jun-02-15 04:40 PM
12820292, and if they still keep tryin?
Posted by jesustrauss, Tue Jun-02-15 04:43 PM
12820300, now that I think of it, it DID happen to me once
Posted by John Forte, Tue Jun-02-15 04:48 PM
but it wasn't an actual dealer, it was my big brother training me to say no to aggressive drug dealers. Now that I think of it, that didn't happen either. I don't have an older brother. That was an early 90s public service announcement. On second thought "nah, I'm good" has worked every time.
12820306, LOL
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-02-15 04:55 PM
you know?
12820352, That's not a real thing.
Posted by RS, Tue Jun-02-15 05:33 PM
They narcs. Keep it movin
12820296, Pretty much.
Posted by spades, Tue Jun-02-15 04:46 PM
In general buying drugs on the street from ppl you don't know is a BAD idea. Seems like a surefire way to get locked up.

Not that I haven't done it, but I damn sure ain't gon do it again.
12820303, it's also a sure fire way to score bad drugs.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Jun-02-15 04:53 PM
12820314, ^^^ pretty much this or "nah b, I don't fuck around like that."
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Tue Jun-02-15 05:02 PM

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.
12820536, Yup, that's it
Posted by BlassFemur, Tue Jun-02-15 11:35 PM
12820540, I look high all the time, so "Nah, I'm good" just makes them sad.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Jun-03-15 12:08 AM
I look like a sure thing, lol. This dude followed me off the bus when I got off at my job, and when I hit him with the "Nah, I'm good", it looked like he missed the game-winning shot.
12820580, *lines up here*
Posted by TheAlbionist, Wed Jun-03-15 05:02 AM
Never really failed to work... I seem to get asked most times I walk down the street, even if I'm suited up for work. No idea what I exude, but it clearly belies my dope intake.

I had a vaguely persistent one that got a result the other day though... kid pulls up in a pretty nice black BMW in an area normally crawling with street sellers peddling low quality hash - "Ey bro, do you smoke weed?"

"Nah man, you're good... thanks anyway" *keeps walking*

"Are you sure? We do 24 hour delivery; high grade only."

*turns back*

12820375, I hit'em wit da, "Naw, I'm straight, Potna!" and keep it moving.
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Tue Jun-02-15 05:53 PM
Sound like you got dem JehovasHitdis muhfukkaz around your way.

I've seldom had a hustler on the comeback pitch after my initial decline. Katz usually just roll on to the next mofo...

12820376, LMAO
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jun-02-15 05:54 PM
12820527, Your second scenario reminds me of something I went through.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Tue Jun-02-15 11:10 PM
Except I was offered something other than drugs.

Years ago a friend and I were walking to the corner store from work (our respective rides were going to pick us up from there. While walking, we got on the topic of prostitutes and how we don't and won't mess with them. My homeboy got picked up not long after arriving to the store.

While I was waiting, a dude stepped to me and asked if I could get him an orange soda because he was thirsty and the store owner has banned him from entering in. I told him I'd hook him up and proceeded to get the drink for him. When I did, he thanked me profusely and then he proceeded to offer me one of his three white women for my pleasure as a token of his appreciation. I politely declined and continued to wait for my ride.

Regarding drugs, I found a small sack of weed while sitting outside of that same store while waiting for my ride. This white dude walked pass me and said "ugh" and made a grimacing face at me based on what he saw near me. I looked at him like "what the...?" and proceeded to look beside me. I saw (if memory serves me correctly) a nickel sack but I don't smoke, so I left it alone.

Being offered drugs in Amsterdam, we (the crew and I) just hit them with the "nah, we're good" and kept it moving. One of my homeboys (RIP) told one dude who said he had "all this cocaine he needed to get rid of" in an exasperated manner to get the fck on in an aggressive manner. Maybe you should try that if they're being overly persistent.

Since 1976
12820619, Our dealers aren't that aggressive. Crackheads on the other hand...
Posted by j., Wed Jun-03-15 07:52 AM
It's that THIRST for that rock. They just won't quit, damm near have to get physical for them to KIM

Dealers hear "I'm good" and they move on to the next potential. But the rockheads must have watched Glengarry one too many times. ABC 24-7
12820622, while we are here, I'm impressed at the low drug dealer whisper
Posted by double negative, Wed Jun-03-15 07:56 AM
went to the bay area this past weekend for work and I was super blown away at the way cats would casually say "trees....got trees" or "grapes" or "buddah" at a level that was just above a whisper but below speaking voice and it was always timed to hit your ear while you passed them