Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12818730&mesg_id=12819161
12819161, ?
Posted by SoWhat, Mon Jun-01-15 02:19 PM
i have no problem being wrong - it usually presents an opportunity for me to learn something. and when i'm wrong about a stance i've taken i can own that and accept correction. here i don't see where i was wrong.

you asked if the statement would be LESS offensive if you'd said 'she' was trying to be sexy.

i answered that the statement itself would've been LESS offensive if that were so.

the fact that you later went on to refer to Caitlyn as 'she' in other replies doesn't change the original statement. it also doesn't mitigate that statement's offensiveness.

further, you also said the picture at issue is 'disgusting' and that viewing it made you throw up (or want to). you didn't ask but those parts of the statement are also offensive given the full context here which is part of why i'd said the 'she' change would've only made the statement less offensive.

also, see #147.

so i dunno what 'gotcha' moment you're having w/yourself over there but i hope you're enjoying it.