Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPhoenix Okplayers, yall attending the Draw Muhammad contest today?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12817526
12817526, Phoenix Okplayers, yall attending the Draw Muhammad contest today?
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Fri May-29-15 12:00 PM
I know some of you have talent.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/05/28/armed-bikers-plan-to-draw-cartoons-of-mohammed-outside-a-mosque-in-arizona/
12817530, I'm not saying they are going to get shot
Posted by handle, Fri May-29-15 12:02 PM
But I'd stay away.
12817540, Lol!
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Fri May-29-15 12:05 PM
12817543, you wouldn't catch me within a 5 mile radius of that place...
Posted by BigJazz, Fri May-29-15 12:08 PM

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...
12817547, Outside a mosque? That's some coward shit.
Posted by MEAT, Fri May-29-15 12:10 PM
It's already a ho ass act. Going to a place of prayer and antagonizing? Like churches are just holding like that. If they were so tough they'd go overseas and pull this, but they're not built for that.
12817556, pretty much
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Fri May-29-15 12:14 PM
12817538, Bullies are bullies until they get that lip busted.
Posted by MEAT, Fri May-29-15 12:05 PM
12817559, there are better ways to die...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Fri May-29-15 12:15 PM
12818493, Imagine them doing that shit in Dearborn
Posted by ALmighty44, Mon Jun-01-15 07:19 AM
Maaaaaaaan...they wouldn't stand a chance
12817599, Honest Question: Why is trolling like this socially acceptable?
Posted by Kira, Fri May-29-15 12:56 PM
If roles were reversed these same people claim their religion is under attack.

Where's the OKP that loves trolling threads like these? He's somewhere partying.

For the record, THESE PEOPLE ARE PUSSIES because they won't do this overseas or in places where they can actually lose it all over this bullshit. Let's see how far freedom of speech gets you when you're outnumbered or have the option of losing everything.

Unchecked whiteness is out of hand.
12818603, it's not.
Posted by KiloMcG, Mon Jun-01-15 09:36 AM
12817641, Phoenix is going to Phoenix though
Posted by Atillah Moor, Fri May-29-15 01:23 PM
Truth is they made it clear from the start what they are about. I joke, but the Mosque brought it on themselves.
12817645, How so?
Posted by MEAT, Fri May-29-15 01:25 PM
12817804, he means AZ gonna AZ...
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri May-29-15 03:18 PM
and that needs no explanation.

i.e. Sheriff Joe
12817816, From I read confederates started the city/state after the war
Posted by Atillah Moor, Fri May-29-15 03:33 PM
I use Phoenix and AZ pretty interchangeably and yeah it's a blatantly racist city (if you haven't been). I used to describe it two words "white hot".

As far as the comment about the mosque is concerned that's just a joke, but they really did build it in the belly of he beast so to speak.
12817933, Phoenix itself is actually considerably less blatant...
Posted by The3rdOne, Fri May-29-15 06:21 PM
than its surrounding cities in the valley. Phoenix is actually a shift in liberal from those cities. Yes, there is in your face fuckery...but you won't deal with the shit you see in Sun City, Mesa, or Gilbert. And when I say liberal, I don't mean the my equality is more equal than yours undercover racist bullshit like Portland and San franciso.

As a matter of fact, Phoenix is the ONLY voting % that would vote Sheriff Joe out of office. If it weren't for the older redneck cowboy population outside of city limits, then maricopa county SO would be way different.
12817945, If you're anything but hispanic, you're aiight.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Fri May-29-15 06:36 PM
the bulk of the racism is directed towards Mexicans or anyone that looks like they could be Mexican.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.
12818110, ^Real life
Posted by The3rdOne, Sat May-30-15 02:20 PM
Tripped me out the first time i moved out here and got a job. Water cooler talk - 2 white guys and me shootin the shit and they are dogging the shit out of mexicans...put me in a weird space because im thinking about how comfortable they were around me. What the fuck were they gonna say when I wasn't there????
12818134, the same shit they said while you were there
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Sat May-30-15 04:29 PM
While I worked out there in south scottsdale, the amount of shit them white folks would talk about the Mexicans was unreal. Our cars were getting broken into in the parking lot. They suspected Mexicans and Yt was vocal about it. Then Scotts PD caught a grip of Mexicans thanks to a couple of bait cars and beefed up video surveillance; YT was extra reckless with their racist talk about that shit. Most of the bruhs just kinda shook our heads and kept it moving over it, but them white folks was forever talking shit about how they needed to round 'em all up and ship 'em to Mexico and everything.

Now that I think about it, I think they were like that everywhere I worked EXCEPT when I was at AmEx in North PHX.

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
12818695, wildness
Posted by The3rdOne, Mon Jun-01-15 10:54 AM
12817937, They were told to bring their guns.
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Fri May-29-15 06:29 PM
Only in America
12817944, I was there today.
Posted by Kama7, Fri May-29-15 06:36 PM
Its wasn't really anything except a press contest. Fox news had their huge antenna van out there as if they are broadcasting to other planets. Other media outlets were there taking video and even inside the mosque taking video. There were two AA ladies, I think they work for Fox in there. There were regular old billy bob white dudes in the masjid just observing the Jummah prayer with no problems.

The only reference to the whole fiasco was one of the masjid administrators reminding everyone to just "no comment" them fools on the way out. Beside that, it was business as usual.

It might get rowdy after the hot sun goes down. Right now its just too damn hot for all dat.

BTW there is a Zombie Run in downtown Phoenix tonight. Hundreds of ComicCon zombies dress up and chase people through downtown. That will be more exciting than the IslamaDrama.
12817994, or, that's where the attack will be.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Fri May-29-15 09:20 PM
makes perfect sense if you really think about it.

12818485, i can't deny the racist, bigoted and xenophobic undertones in this,
Posted by Tommy-B, Mon Jun-01-15 06:56 AM
but i support it 100%. blasphemy laws have no place in a progressive
society.

the motorbike thing was probably going too far but, meh. at least
they weren't killing people for drawing cartoons.
12818489, Kinda like this ?
Posted by neuro_OSX, Mon Jun-01-15 07:10 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/teen-charged-with-crime-after-posting-photo-with-jesus-97313411199.html
12818490, kinda like what?
Posted by Tommy-B, Mon Jun-01-15 07:14 AM
12818492, You mentioned blasphemy laws
Posted by neuro_OSX, Mon Jun-01-15 07:18 AM
This dude might get 2 years for some joke with a statue of jesus.. lolz
12818504, that's right, i did
Posted by Tommy-B, Mon Jun-01-15 07:57 AM
i also said that blasphemy laws shouldn't exist in a decent
society... lolz
12818505, This is thinly guised racism, militia types frothing at the mouth
Posted by neuro_OSX, Mon Jun-01-15 07:59 AM
We need a follow up to the "piss christ" statue to even the playing field. white christians would lose their minds all over again, hahahahahahha
12818631, *shrugs*
Posted by Tommy-B, Mon Jun-01-15 09:58 AM
this is a response to militant islam.

if extremist muslims didn't kill people for drawing cartoons then
this wouldn't happen.

there are undoubtedly a lot of racist good ol' boys involved, but, meh.
they're drawing cartoons of a religious figure.

i don't necessarily agree with the way they're going about it - by trying
to intimidate decent muslims - but i still support the sentiment.

in a decent society, EVERYTHING is up for ridicule - especially a barbaric, dogmatic ideology that places itself above everything else and promotes
death to all who disagree.