Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThey're not leaning that far towards the movie version; after the live show
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12817193&mesg_id=12817771
12817771, They're not leaning that far towards the movie version; after the live show
Posted by b.Touch, Fri May-29-15 02:47 PM
they're packaging this up and putting it back on the Broadway stage for 2016.

They're also hiring Cirque De Soliel to co-produce, who have already acknowledged they're hard at work on the Tornado and Flying Monkey dance sequences, neither of which are in the movie. I don't even know yet if they're using "You Can't Win" or "I Was Born on the Day Before Yesterday" as the Scarecrow's song.

Therefore, we should expect that they'll need a Wiz who can (a) sing his three solo numbers, (b) dance, and (c) be at least to some degree able to be made up to be physically imposing. The actor doesn't have to be a _perfect_ singer, but Kevin Hart hardly qualifies. He'd never do it (not ever, lol), but Eddie Murphy would be great.

That's why I said Foxx or Wayne Brady. Brady will give you everything you want in the part (and is more likely to sign on), Foxx is the bigger name.