Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm confident that I'm ready.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12815222&mesg_id=12815361
12815361, I'm confident that I'm ready.
Posted by MEAT, Wed May-27-15 10:31 AM
I don't want to say I'm ready for the sake of saying it, and lord knows the mind can change when making lifetime decisions. But everything I know about who I am, who I was, and who I want to be says that this is right and I'm good going forward.

When we first got engaged a lot of the comments from people were back handed. They gave good lessons cloaked in negativity, and it was a bit hard to take. I did what any good engineer did would do; listen to the problem and attacked the root. For the ones that said spending on a wedding isn't important, we set a flexible budget and saved accordingly. For the warnings about people canceling, we had a list of people that we'd want to add. There's a lot more, but for every problem we worked out a solution or work around and it's been great.

So I'm sitting here at the desk on the back side of the bachelor party (mr Thomas numbers you missed out) and with all of the chances that a man can use to cut and run or even put a foot in the pool, I was excited to get back home to our place and sleep in our bed.

She talked way too much, like a person that hasn't seen me in a week, the ac had been off, and she wanted to change it off the Cavs game; but when those are the biggest problems I have in a night or a day I can live with those.

I got a good life and I hope to keep it that way.