Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo, they weren't bad. But they have ideals and methods and beliefs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12811290&mesg_id=12811734
12811734, No, they weren't bad. But they have ideals and methods and beliefs
Posted by FLUIDJ, Thu May-21-15 01:55 PM
that are the polar opposite of how we intend to raise our child. Those ideals spill over into so many of the things that they do under the belief that they're being loving parents (which in their mind they are, and I don't fault them for it) but in our mind are the exact things that's left both my wife and I with a lot of baggage we've been dealing with all of our adult lives.

>like were your parents bad parents?
>
>oh all people i trust my parents to have my child
>for an extended time than anyone else

I trust them indeed....and it's not like I think they'd do something intentional...a lot of it is just that they aren't 100% attentive when they should be and that's just based off of general observation when we're actually around.... Plus...their house (the house I amazingly survived growing up in) is a virtual death trap for a 2.5 year old.... Like...it's bad yo. Like...mame and kill type bad. They really gonna have to do some home improvement before we're even remotely comfortable....

>i cant wait for if they want to take her on a vacation
>i know that she will be safe
>and will be taken care of as if i was taking care of her

We're trying to get there. Baby steps...baby steps... Man i'd be 150% on board with them coming up here and just taking over the house for a week while we bounce. Like...that to me is a reasonable first-run for us as first time parents I think.

>i guess thats just me though

"Seasons may come and your luck just may run out, and all that you'll have is some memories..."