Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTalking Cars On Tuesday: The garage is open for whatever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12809380&mesg_id=12809380
12809380, Talking Cars On Tuesday: The garage is open for whatever
Posted by spenzalii, Tue May-19-15 02:38 PM
So, the new Camaro finally dropped over the weekend:

http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-camaro/

Exterior is a nice evolution, nothing too drastic. I like the front end a lot, especially with the LED DRLs. The fake 'gills' on the 3/4 panel behind the door are gone, which is good. I'm less enthused about the rear end, as the horizontal lights never worked for me. I think the SS suffers a bit from too much Pep Boys syndrome, with the added slats, vents, mesh grill and really ugly rear spoiler (it looks like a misshapen paper clip).

The interior is a world away from the crapbox interior that they carried on for years. That's not saying much though. I like the integrated controls in the vents (a la Audi) and the big touch screen looks nice, along with the similar sized screen in the instrument panel. I'll need to actually sit in one before passing final judgment, as looks and reality are often 2 different things at GM (see the Vette interior)

The L200 was finally towed away. While it never really felt special like my SL2 did, I still felt some kind of way about the whole thing. Writing this blog post is helping, but it's taking too long to finish up. I may have it done next week and break it up into two posts. Haven't decided yet.

MFT definitely does not like my iPod Classic. Even after installing an upgrade to MFT it still hangs or crashes while playing. Apparently there's a program you can run from Ford that may fix a few things, but it has to do something to the iPod through iTunes to do it. Not sure I like that idea. All the more reason to hack my iPod Photo and just leave that in the car. Assuming the Photo works with MFT, anyway

Add on