Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectUS Marshalls beating up the elderly now, huh? (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12808044&mesg_id=12808044
12808044, US Marshalls beating up the elderly now, huh? (swipe)
Posted by Selassie I God, Mon May-18-15 01:31 PM
(Late pass may be necessary)

The station won't name the officer in question. Strange, since they never hesitate to air out anyone else on TV without "sufficient data".

http://fox2now.com/2015/05/12/u-s-marshals-service-confirms-off-duty-officer-involved-in-south-county-road-rage-incident/

Off-duty officer accused of pistol-whipping man in road rage incident
POSTED 10:44 PM, MAY 12, 2015, BY REBECCA ROBERTS

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KTVI) – New details are emerging about a road rage incident that happened near Jefferson Barracks on Mother’s Day. The U.S. Marshals service has confirmed that one of their off-duty officers was involved in the alleged assault.

Donald Akers needs surgery after he says he was pistol-whipped by an off-duty officer. “He hit me right across the nose with it,” Donald explained, “Broke my nose, my sinus cavities, broke my teeth.”

It all started when Akers’ wife, Janet, honked her horn, to alert the driver of a black Dodge truck that he was heading into her lane. They both pulled over.

Janet Akers recalled, “His wife jumped out of the truck. She came over, started yelling at me.” Then, the driver, who we now know is a U.S. Marshal, approached the Akers’ car, armed with a gun, then hit Janet’s husband with it.

Janet snapped several photos at the scene. In one of them, the truck’s license plate is clearly visible. We ran the plates, and confirmed the driver’s identity through other photos of him. A quick Google search revealed he was a U.S. Marshal. The U.S. Marshals Service confirmed it.

This U.S. Marshal works at the Rush Limbaugh, Sr. Federal Courthouse in Cape Girardeau. FOX 2’s Rebecca Roberts went to the building, looking for answers and to get his side of the story, but was turned away. She also called his office, and left him several voicemails. No response.

At the Eastern District Headquarters in St. Louis, U.S. Marshals Spokesperson Robert O’Connor acknowledged the investigation, but directed further inquiries to their national headquarters in Washington. A public affairs officer issued this statement: “The Marshals Service is aware of an alleged incident involving one of our employees and is gathering relevant information on the matter to determine appropriate steps.”

The case is now in the hands of the St. Louis County Counselor who may issue charges. Until then, FOX 2 will not identify him by name. The U.S. Marshal’s Office of Professional Responsibility will also look into it.