Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGame of Thrones Book Readers Post Part II
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12798030&mesg_id=12798030
12798030, Game of Thrones Book Readers Post Part II
Posted by Very-Effortless, Tue May-05-15 04:00 PM
b/c searching sucks. Spoilers will abound.

Now that we're almost halfway through the season and the last episode was pretty plot-loaded, let's recap.

Interesting fact on the guy who wrote "Sons of the Harpy": "We had an assistant named Dave Hill," said Benioff and Weiss. "One day last summer he walked into our office and said, 'You know that kid (Olly) whose family gets massacred by the wildlings? The one who runs to Castle Black to let them know the wildlings are nearby?' 'Yeah?' 'Well,' said Dave, doesn't it make sense that he'd stay at Castle Black and become a Night's Watch recruit? Where else is he going to go?' 'You're right,' we said. 'That does make sense.' 'And what if during the battle for Castle Black, he's the one who ends up killing Ygritte?' This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show."

So far, Dave has done a great job. I loved this episode.

Sand Snakes: I was worried about how they were going to set up the Martells in Dorne given that Arianne and Quentyn have been nixed from the plot. As I suspected, they gave Arianne's "role" in the Queenmaking to Ellaria. It's interesting that they made Tyene her daughter, but it works. I wonder if a Darkstar-type character will show himself... I'm guessing no, since Ellaria is still grieving too much to take another lover. Hell, she cut off all her hair. That's some serious grief.

#MoreDragons. Based on the previews of next week, we'll finally get some more Drogon.

Jon's parentage: Do Baelyish & Melisandre know what's up? http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/littlefinger-knows#.olQxmRxO2e

Cersi is stupid and a danger to herself. With all the telegraphing that Lancel did, you still want to arm the faith? You don't think that's gonna blow back on your husband-murdering, brother/cousin-fucking ass? I'm gonna let you cook though. I know it happened in the book, but in the book the High Septon/Sparrow more or less demanded it in return for blessing Tommen as the new king. Here, her dumb ass suggests it. I feel like the preview for the episode when they get HER ass will be Tywin telling her she isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

Grey Worm and Barristan Selmy BET NOT BE DEAD! They did say going into the season that someone would die who was not yet dead in the books (which they have done before R.I.P. Jojen). I don't think Grey Worm is dead, but I can see them murking Barristan. It opens the door for Jorah to come back (cause without him Danyeras doesn't have a proper Westeros knight guarding her) and for Tyrion to counsel her (because Barrison was the closest thing to a small council she had).

I'm wondering what role Stannis' daughter is going to play. I wondered the same thing about her in the books. There can't be this much focus put on her for no reason. Shit, we know more about her than Tommen really.

I'm tired of Peter creeping on Sansa and I really want her to get a clue. I mean, she knows he's scheming on her and she is kinda backed into a corner, but she's still, seemingly, too trusting in him. You gonna marry Ramsay? Really? Waiting on Theon to step in here and grow some balls (pun intended).

#MoreArya

#PourOneOutForBranandHodor

#TeamJonSnow

#WassupWithTheIronIslands #KingsMoot?