Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOther assorted thoughts on the car
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12797502&mesg_id=12798112
12798112, Other assorted thoughts on the car
Posted by spenzalii, Tue May-05-15 07:22 PM
- The car is a looker, even in stock trim. But the 5 spoke wheels are like the icing on the cake. My wife things the chrome painted handles and mirror give the car class. The jury is out on that, but it does work with the color of the car and makes it stand out even more from the pack.

- At 40 I'm not sure if I need a spoiler on the trunk of any car I own that's not a 2-seater. That said, between the color and the spoiler it does feel like something I'd drive, considering my first car ('96 Saturn SL2) had the same setup. I'm grown, and so is the car. Or something like that

- The whole 'fast back' or '4 door coupe' thing does look good, but it's not without its drawbacks. I could care less about rear headroom (I'm not going to sit back there much, if ever), but the shape does affect the trunk. Since the rear glass and the body cover what would be the trunk, it makes the trunk opening much smaller and more difficult to get stuff in and out. in addition, the hinges for the trunk take up a lot of room and are covered to keep from damaging your cargo, but it also makes the space weirdly shaped.

- The seats are covered in what Ford calls EcoCloth, which is supposed to be fabric made from some recycled materials. It almost looks and feels like a track suit. My big concern is how it will stand up to daily use. I can just see it getting snagged on something and looking terrible in a matter of months

- Standard car stereos have come a long way in the 11 years since I last had a new set of keys. Then again, with everything integrated, it better sound good. Still, I could see replacing the speakers at some point, just because (assuming they aren't set up like a Bose system anyway...)

- I really want to put some tint on this thing, but I can't tell if the car comes with any kind of tint from the factory already

- On a whole, this is easily the nicest car I've owned, or has been in my family. That's not hard to do considering I've owned 2 Saturns in 19 years. And yet, part of me would almost prefer driving my wife's Focus. It's size and chuckability remind me of that SL2. First cars and first loves tend to stay with you I suppose

_ My Ford Touch is still slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow