Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe Brother admittedly messed up and owned his error publicly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12794098&mesg_id=12794258
12794258, The Brother admittedly messed up and owned his error publicly
Posted by Case_One, Wed Apr-29-15 09:35 PM
So, who are you and the rest? Have you read your BIBLE. Our Most celebrated heroes are murderer's, adulterers, liers, and thieves that overcame their past mistakes.

>A preacher, no less. The national youth leader for the NAACP,
>no less.
>
>

Yeah, he did that. He owned that. He paid the price for that. But he also came back from that. Stood up to his mess and helped others overcome their mess too. So what, you above him now? You're better then he is? You ain't never made a mistake? Oh, Wait, you won't ever fall short right?

>So when you hear or read folks looking at Jamal sideways, keep
>in mind that many of us question his decision making skills
>and moral compass as a result of that HEINOUS pattern of
>behavior that he displayed. A few good sermons and leather
>sleeves is not going to undo that, Case.

I know all of that dirt and mess, and even more, but it's not about what was done, it's about how it was handled and how he's doing things now. It' seems that you act like he needs to come apologize to you. Who are you? What does he owe you?

That man suffered for his mistake and he never let's people forget that he made the mistake. He was young, full of himself, arrogant and he admits all of that. SO again, who are you to try and keep that Black Man down in the pit of his past. You and other are acting like these white folks and can't even see it. Old Pick and Choose ass folks.

And before you come at me, I'd ride just as hard for you if you made a mistake owned it and came back from it. I'd make sure that people knew about all the good that you are doing and how you overcame your past errors too. I support my people at every level that's trying to make a positive difference.

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4