Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGranny passed/Giving birth to 1st child/MAMA passed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12793891&mesg_id=12795142
12795142, Granny passed/Giving birth to 1st child/MAMA passed
Posted by OrangeMoon, Thu Apr-30-15 10:12 PM
1. 2001-The start of my second semester freshman year at FAMU, my Mama called and told me my Grandmother had passed. She had fought the good fight with kidney disease for ten years. I was mentally prepared but was not truly ready to handle her passing. She was my other parent, my cheerleader and champion for any and everything I did. Later that year Aaliyah died and 9/11, the worst year I ever lived through.

2. 2011- My daughter was born via c-section, she was sick but all ends well. Best moment of my life was seeing my Mama holding her in the corner of the hospital, whispering sweet nothings and they proceeded to have a love affair with each other for a short lived 22 months. The most beautiful time of my life.

3. 2013- My Mama collapsed in her bedroom, my brother found her soon after called 911, they resuscitated her. Once I was alerted I made it to the house to be in the ambulance with her where I witnessed the complete lack of care from the EMTs to my Mom's pleas for oxygen, that she couldn't breathe, for help of any kind while she was having a heart attack. They actually stopped at a fire house to pick up and drop off EMTs before taking her to the hospital. She passed 15 minutes after arrival. Life will never be the same and is a true struggle everyday.