Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmore hilarity: Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12793569&mesg_id=12795124
12795124, more hilarity: Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience
Posted by akon, Thu Apr-30-15 09:16 PM
i know.... fox news (hangs head in shame)
but sometimes you just need a good laugh. and this is comedic gold

i mean.....

“We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”

“We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.

(will the church secede from the union?)

'once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the “beginning of the end of Western Civilization.”

“Gender becomes pointless when government adopts same-sex marriage. It creates a genderless relationship out of a very gender-specific relationship. "
(i'd clap to this)

“The institution of marriage is fundamental and it must be defended,” he told me. “It’s the foundation for the entire culture. It’s been in existence for 5,000 years. If you weaken it or if you undermine it – the entire superstructure can come down. We see it as that important.”

whoa, armageddon

obligatory MLK reference: “I’m calling for people to not recognize the legitimacy of that ruling because it’s not grounded in the Rule of Law,” he told me. “They need to resist that ruling in every way possible. In a peaceful way – they need to resist it as much as Martin Luther King, Jr. resisted unjust laws in his time.”

necessary reference to culture: “Christians are being declared the lawbreakers when we are simply living by what we have always believed, and by a set of laws that the culture historically has agreed to,”

the ghey agenda busted: “For about 50 years the homosexual community has had as its goal to change the culture, to change the ideology and if necessary – to force people who don’t agree by use of the courts,” Dobson told me. “I think there’s a collision here and we can all see it and where it’s going to go is anybody’s guess – but it is serious.”

the paranoia.

full article;
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/28/will-not-obey-christian-leaders-threaten-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court/