Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOn a scale of 1-10, how inappropriate/unprofessional is this holler?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12793064
12793064, On a scale of 1-10, how inappropriate/unprofessional is this holler?
Posted by Government Name, Tue Apr-28-15 03:48 PM
Two of my coworkers went to a meeting with company that wanted to partner on a project. They get there, meet with the producer for an hour or two, and then leave.

Producer dude sends a follow up email with the usual, "nice meeting you, blah blah, hope to run into you at _____ event. ". My coworker (who doesnt notice that the other coworker wasnt copied on the email) responds "nice meeting you too, i'll be at _____ event, hope to see you there!"

well, bul responds "maybe we can meet sooner than that. Maybe dinner, coffee, a walk?" and some other generic old man flirting sh*t.

:-|

I understand getting your shot off, but in a work email after a professional meeting with someone you are likely going to continue working with in the near future? the coworker is annoyed bc now he's made things awkward, but she doesn't want to 100% assume that he wasnt just being friendly (c'mon now) or wanted to discuss the project or a job opp, etc. Note: she's married and uninterested in dude (says he's at least 10 years older and unattractive. i wonder if he was younger and better looking if this woulda be as offensive to her, lol)

What is her next step? The company is probably gonna keep working with his company, he wasnt disrespectful, so its not like she wants him reprimanded or anything. Sh*t's bothering her tho. i say ignore it, he'll get the point and keep it moving but she's racking her brain for potential replies (most of which are friendly enough to give dude a glimmer of hope, smh) trying to figure out his intent...

how f*cked up was this on his part? part of me is like you miss 100% of the shots you dont take. but women have to be able to work with people without having to entertain hollers -- at the very least, during work hours via work channels...
12793073, wow
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Tue Apr-28-15 03:52 PM
no shame.
for the record ANY holleration in the work emailerie is inappropriate and unprofessional.
12793078, its not even like they had some deep convo. my coworker said they
Posted by Government Name, Tue Apr-28-15 03:57 PM
barely even talked to each other. so it's not like he could misinterpreted something or felt some undeniable true love ass spark, lol. he sent that email with his pants
12793082, LOL right, homie clicked send with his dick and shit
Posted by SHAstayhighalways, Tue Apr-28-15 03:59 PM
12793091, lolz
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Apr-28-15 04:12 PM
12793076, 10
Posted by Selah, Tue Apr-28-15 03:54 PM
she can't possibly be worth causing waves @ your job

he dumb, if nothing else
12793085, Work hollers are HR no-no top 10
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Apr-28-15 04:02 PM
Then to do it via email is worse because of lack of deniability. Smh

Buuuut...he wasn't disrespectful/offensive so he's in the clear as far as the gig goes (depending on what the nature of business is).

Her best response: "thanks for the 'personal' offer but I'm happily married. Let's not let it hinder our working relationship tho. See ya at _____. :)

And when she sees him, be pleasant, cordial and pay no more attention to him than she does to anyone else. But make sure her interaction with him is always in a group setting and keep that email in case it goes south.
12793087, 7/10. 9/10 on unprofessional, 6/10 on inappropriate
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Apr-28-15 04:06 PM
12793096, cardinal rule: dont try to fuck coworkers unless it's a call center
Posted by atruhead, Tue Apr-28-15 04:18 PM
if it happens it happens and hopefully it doesn't get messy
but dont TRY as a man to fuck a colleague
12793097, It's not very professional, but it's not near a level 10
Posted by J_Sun, Tue Apr-28-15 04:18 PM
10 would be if the email said "hey bby u want sum fuk" with a dick pic attached.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sometimes I contemplate moving to a warmer place, then the lake and skyline give me a warm embrace" © Common
12793098, if he was that reckless out here i doubt he'd even be still employed lol
Posted by Government Name, Tue Apr-28-15 04:19 PM
12793114, On a scale of 1-10 thats about a 8.5
Posted by TR808, Tue Apr-28-15 04:37 PM
But she must be a bad chick to get a holla

12793124, If I were her I'd send a coworker in my place.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Apr-28-15 04:47 PM
And I'd be sure to have at least one coworker with me any time I have to deal with that guy. We would not ever be alone together. I'd also alert my supervisor first - the supe might have a suggestion.

I was sexually harassed by a client at a former job and I didn't tell my supe immediately. It came up when she tried to assign me to work with him and I hesitated then told her I wasn't comfortable with him. Once I told her she reported the incident bc she had to. I think in this case I'd report to protect myself. And I'd save that email - to which I would not have responded until after I told my supe.