Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think it's a sin then.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12790917&mesg_id=12792068
12792068, I don't think it's a sin then.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Apr-27-15 05:39 PM
Or maybe rather not a big sin. I think the bible does make clear that there are big sins and little sins despite what Preachers tell us. See Matthew 22:36-40 aka The GREAT Commandment.

Like many people said before, there are plenty of commandments we break all the time and some are more important than others. I think if you try hard to follow the Great Commandment you will be okay.

Might sound convenient but for practical purposes I think it's the hardest commandment(s) to consistently follow.

Also, I think that's better than thinking there is a biblical loophole (ie, "yeah, i know this is a sin, but i know God is going to forgive me, so i'm >good."). God knows what is in your heart so if your beliefs and remorse are not sincere then you can't really ask for forgiveness of be forgiven.

>the key word is "willful."
>
>no one is saying that Christians are perfect. but when you
>have a book that clearly tells you what to do and what NOT to
>do, you are obligated to TRY to follow suit. however, many
>Christians don't seem to try or have any conflict about it;
>they just rationalize it the same way you did: "yeah, i know
>this is a sin, but i know God is going to forgive me, so i'm
>good."
>
>

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're