Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBecause.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12790917&mesg_id=12791268
12791268, Because.
Posted by Sepia., Mon Apr-27-15 11:16 AM
To me, sexual affection is supposed to be between two people in a loving, exclusive relationship.

I'm just the sort of person who reserves herself, so I don't engage in anything
that requires giving of myself unless I mean it -- not even hugging/kissing.
I'm not comfortable with it until I know and trust the person, and that takes a long time for me.

Plus, just being pragmatic -- the risks of sex were not worth it to me until
I felt I could handle them and was with someone I wanted to handle them with.

>And, if I may ask, when did it end and why?

I had sex 6 years ago, with someone I'd known and trusted for 10 years and had been with for a long time already.
I wanted to be in control of my "first time" and it finally felt like the right time with the right person.
And it was. I had a very wonderful first time, something I'd be glad to tell a teenager about as to why they should wait.
My boyfriend at the time actually felt pretty awful about his first time (it was several years prior, and he hadn't really wanted to).

Since then, I haven't had sex with anyone else. And I wouldn't be surprised if
I ended up waiting for a very long time before adding to my number. Maybe it will be my husband.

Or maybe it won't. Whatever it is, it will be because it's what I want and feel right about doing.
And not just to satisfy a physical urge or even to feed the mental need for affection.
Sex will always be, to me, something reserved for a loving, committed and established relationship.

I know it's not like that for many others. And I don't care what they do as long as they aren't in my bed.
I hope they choose to take the same stance of not judging me that I have taken for them.