Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectInnocent man spent 31 yrs on death row meets the prosecutor
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12786991
12786991, Innocent man spent 31 yrs on death row meets the prosecutor
Posted by Kim Jong Trill, Tue Apr-21-15 08:45 PM
http://youtu.be/WwxF56qar2s

Fuck your fort!
12786995, I thought I could ... but I can't
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Apr-21-15 08:58 PM
12787161, Same here.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Apr-22-15 09:07 AM

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
12787036, This makes me angry
Posted by Case_One, Tue Apr-21-15 10:03 PM

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4
12787087, Prosecutors are some of the worst people next to cops
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Apr-22-15 05:58 AM
And judges. The whole damn system is jacked up.
12787857, They are the worst of the worst in many cases
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Apr-22-15 03:27 PM
I remember some guy in Texas (repeat offender) got sentenced to *sixteen years* for stealing a *Snickers bar* because of some weird three-strikes type law there. The prosecutor was quoted as saying "Well, it was a king-size"

12787131, 4:35 - 4:41 = speechless
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Apr-22-15 08:33 AM
12787164, Fuck that. You took 30yrs of my life, I'm not giving you one more second
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Apr-22-15 09:08 AM
I don't give a shit how bad the prosecutor feels. That's 30 years and you knew your case was iffy.

30 years.

You don't get any more. And if you feel bad about it, think about that the next time you try someone. But don't ask me for shit, much less forgiveness.

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
12787386, This is depressing as fuck.
Posted by Brew, Wed Apr-22-15 10:36 AM
Racism, man.
12787393, RE: Innocent man spent 31 yrs on death row meets the prosecutor
Posted by kaytomah, Wed Apr-22-15 10:37 AM
The worst part is that he intentional stacked the jury with whiteys.Seven days...he still got a death sentence.

People still stress that race does not matter in these issues.

I hope his spirit transitional peacefully and is welcome by the ancestors.

Like cops, prosecutors get the same treatment.

Everyone is crying out for peace, yes
None is crying out for justice
Everyone is crying out for peace, yes
None is crying out for justice

-P. Tosh
12787411, There's a lot of wrong to this, but the worst part is letting murderers free
Posted by MEAT, Wed Apr-22-15 10:50 AM
That go on to murder other people. They don't care about us. They just want their work record to look good. That shit isn't public safety.

I couldn't watch too long. They spend the first few minutes talking about the prosecutor, his life and feelings mean absolutely nothing to me.
12787417, Anyone else noticed it's only the pardoned black people we see?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Apr-22-15 10:54 AM
I know of plenty of wrongfully sentenced and eventually found innocent people who are white, yet it really does seem like their stories get no attention and that bugs me. Not to take away from those who are not white that this happens to, but like police brutality this is affecting everyone.
12787437, RE: Anyone else noticed it's only the pardoned black people we see?
Posted by MEAT, Wed Apr-22-15 11:07 AM
Because those don't tell the narrative of white redemption and highlight white morality. You're not the audience for any of these. The audience is for white people to feel that they can atone for sins and to have a bonus outlier to point to when we point out the system is fucked.
12787852, Valid points but are you saying it adds more to the "redemption"?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Apr-22-15 03:24 PM
Because I'm going to assume it's mostly white prosecutors and wrongfuly convicted white criminals so I would think the narrative would at least shore up faith among whites in their own justice system if the story of wrongful white imprisonment were to be told. So I'm guessing your take is that when its black white it's more powerful? Lol and probably less likely to generate any real change in the system.
12787447, ^^^ all of this ^^^
Posted by spades, Wed Apr-22-15 11:14 AM
12787452, I don't know, I feel like it goes both ways
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Apr-22-15 11:16 AM
Mainly because the ones like this were BLATANTLY based on racism.

I can imagine some of the White cases being based on class and privilege, with those who lack both of those getting the short end of the stick. But it's never going to be the same narrative.

Or, the media just wants to start up a race war.
12787860, Yeah I think about that, too
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Apr-22-15 03:30 PM
Like I read an op-ed by some white guy in Wisconsin whose son was killed by police and he was pleading with people to stop treating it *solely* as a race issue, basically to wake the fuck up and recognize that police brutality and police entitlement affect everyone. The same is true of prosecutorial misconduct and corruption.

I think that is important, too. While it's important we understand that racism among cops is *real as fuck* and that these problems disproportionately affect blacks, latinos and possibly other groups, it's *not* a matter of "THANK GOD I'M WHITE!" or any bullshit like that. It could touch you, too, and often it does.
12787889, Do you think that it's proof of an agenda?
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Apr-22-15 03:56 PM
Are you talking about the kid shot in front of his parents in their driveway? Why that hasn't gained national attention-- well I have my theories, but it certainly should have.
12787422, Probably the most depressing thing I've watch in a long time
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Wed Apr-22-15 10:58 AM
I dont even know what to say
12787453, I wanted to throw my phone down.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Apr-22-15 11:17 AM
12787498, man.
Posted by nayaa, Wed Apr-22-15 11:40 AM